Kathryn41

Game Thread Rules

50 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

GAME THREAD: What word does this word make you think of?

The rules are simple. I will start the thread off with a word. A single word. Not an expression or phrase. Not a numeric or an image or a video.

ONE WORD. In the English language as commonly understood in 21st century North America (please, no medieval English).

You read the word and respond with ONE WORD that pops into your head when you read mine.

The next poster will do the same.

Please keep your responses limited to SINGLE WORDS with all the limitations described above.

ALSO: NO PROPER NOUNS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Post containing personal attack and several posts quoting same have been removed. Please confine your comments to clarification about the games or the game rules themselves, thank you.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

Would You Rather Game

Rules:

Poster #1 Asks the question: Would you rather ____________ or ____________ ?

Poster #2 Answers the previous question and then adds their own "Would you rather ____________ or ___________?" question.

example:

Would you rather be hot or cold?

Response: hot. Would you rather have lemonade or ice tea?

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

Timeline

Would You Rather Game

Rules:

Poster #1 Asks the question: Would you rather ____________ or ____________ ?

Poster #2 Answers the previous question and then adds their own "Would you rather ____________ or ___________?" question.

example:

Would you rather be hot or cold?

Response: hot. Would you rather have lemonade or ice tea?

So this mean that Visa Journey now endorses games? Is this official?blink.gif

Timeline

Administration recognizes that the Game Threads are a fun and enjoyable way for VJ members to pass the time while going through the long waits often involved with the immigration process. Administration does want the focus not to be so much on competitiveness but on enjoyment and fun. Over the years that the games have been on VJ, some acrimonious dissension related to how people choose to play certain games has developed, often degenerating into insults and personal attacks. As a means to avoid such problems, and to make it easier for everyone to understand 'the rules' of the various games (thus removing one of the issues of possible contention) we have created one thread in which the rules for the various different games people develop or post can be found.

So, I guess this means it is official. :) VJ Administration does endorse games that are open to all players, are meant for fun and enjoyment and not to hurt or ridicule other members, and are played with mutual respect and consideration for all who wish to join in the game (which also means playing by the rules but not getting too bent out of shape about errors or newcomer mistakes)..

Timeline

Administration recognizes that the Game Threads are a fun and enjoyable way for VJ members to pass the time while going through the long waits often involved with the immigration process. Administration does want the focus not to be so much on competitiveness but on enjoyment and fun. Over the years that the games have been on VJ, some acrimonious dissension related to how people choose to play certain games has developed, often degenerating into insults and personal attacks. As a means to avoid such problems, and to make it easier for everyone to understand 'the rules' of the various games (thus removing one of the issues of possible contention) we have created one thread in which the rules for the various different games people develop or post can be found.

So, I guess this means it is official. :) VJ Administration does endorse games that are open to all players, are meant for fun and enjoyment and not to hurt or ridicule other members, and are played with mutual respect and consideration for all who wish to join in the game (which also means playing by the rules but not getting too bent out of shape about errors or newcomer mistakes)..

Simple yes would have done but thanks for the extra clarification.star_smile.gif

So pretty much keep the insults and personal attacks in the P & R forum. Reasonable and I can do that.whistling.gif

Timeline

Abbreviations Meaning - Abbr Game

List an abbreviation and its meaning. It can be a postal, text, email or any type of abbreviation.

Example:

VJ - Visa Journey

Timeline

If someone thinks a game is very stupid can we report it and if so will action be considered?

You can always report it, but unless it violates the TOS or is in someway disruptive or inappropriate, it is unlikely that there will be any action taken. Stupidity, as you will notice, is not a TOS violation although there are certainly times I wish it were. :yes:

Such valuations will, ultimately, be rather subjective, so If you find a game too stupid or too simplistic to attract your interest, there is no need for you to participate.:)

Timeline

You can always report it, but unless it violates the TOS or is in someway disruptive or inappropriate, it is unlikely that there will be any action taken. Stupidity, as you will notice, is not a TOS violation although there are certainly times I wish it were. :yes:

Such valuations will, ultimately, be rather subjective, so If you find a game too stupid or too simplistic to attract your interest, there is no need for you to participate.:)

Awesome.good.gif

Timeline

A number of posts unrelated to the 'rules of the games' or clarification about the rules have been removed so as to keep this thread viable for its purpose - to explain the rules of the various games

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Animal Connections Game:

The next person names an animal that is somehow connected to the previous animal. So for example:

A: Cat

B: Snake- both eat mice

C: Worm- neither have legs

D: Mole- both usually live underground

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

new game type topic - stupid question stupid answer

well i have seen this at many forums and it seems to be lots of fun so its quite simple

answer the previous post silly/random question with a stupid answer and also ask your own random silly question

4027-dil-ko-choo-jaye-gi-shayari-collection-heart_91.gif?d=1205939495

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

New Game: Funky Five Words

The first person starting the game places five letters. The next player makes up a sentence using each letter as the start of each word, and then posts five new letters. The next player then makes up a sentence using those 5 letters and then posts 5 more, etc.

example.

Player One:

I L P G G

Player Two:

I love playing great games

SWBCS

Player Three:

Sea Worthy Boats Can Sail

NIFGE

Player Four:

Not Into Fondling Gorilla's Eggs...

IECIC

etc.

And please everyone- try and resist temptation at least a little and keep things 'clean'. This is supposed to be a family friendly website! :yes:

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi Kathyrn..I heard there was an older thread to a game that we can resurrect. Changing one letter.

If you have time would love to join it!!!

Thanks for all your good work on VJ

Sylvia!!!

event.png

event.png