She cheated

Placing Bets

31 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I think we finally figured out how to cope with the waiting..... Ailenn an I now are placing a bet on who can get closer to the date of approval. If she wins I will have to eat a 21 day balot... She has been trying to get me to eat one for a year and a half. If I win she has to eat a jalapino pepper...raw!!

If it would get the approval quicker, I'd eat two balot even if they're chirping..

We're 135 days in since NOA1 and I'm about go nuts waiting...Thank GOD for SKYPE.

Edited by vern & ailenn

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

what is a 21 day balot??

I-129F SENT............................................08/15/2011

NOA1 TEXT/EMAIL...................................08/22/2011

NOA2 TEXT/EMAIL. NO RFE.....................01/05/2012

NVC RECEIVED......................................01/21/2012

NVC LEFT...............................................01/24/2012

PACKET 3 RECEIVED..............................02/01/2012

PACKET 3 RETURNED.............................02/04/2012

MEDICAL................................................02/17/2012

DS-2001 MAILED.....................................02/23/2012

PACKET 4 RECEIVED..............................03/02/2012

INTERVIEW............................................03/14/2012 APPROVED

POE ATLANTA.........................................04/03/2012

AOS approved 3/29/13 after almost 10 months of waiting. No RFE's and no interview.

I think we finally figured out how to cope with the waiting..... Ailenn an I now are placing a bet on who can get closer to the date of approval. If she wins I will have to eat a 21 day balot... She has been trying to get me to eat one for a year and a half. If I win she has to eat a jalapino pepper...raw!!

If it would get the approval quicker, I'd eat two balot even if they're chirping..

We're 135 days in since NOA1 and I'm about go nuts waiting...Thank GOD for SKYPE.

This made me smile... great bet!!! Though I don't think jalopino pepper is that bad... and I love balut!

what is a 21 day balot??

balot is a delicacy in the philippines, its an unhatched 21 day chicken egg, boiled... when eaten... you can see a bit of a feather, tender bones etc... and at the bottom is a very hard white egg... its good with spicy vinegar...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

balot is a delicacy in the philippines, its an unhatched 21 day chicken egg, boiled... when eaten... you can see a bit of a feather, tender bones etc... and at the bottom is a very hard white egg... its good with spicy vinegar...

i will take your word for that lol

I-129F SENT............................................08/15/2011

NOA1 TEXT/EMAIL...................................08/22/2011

NOA2 TEXT/EMAIL. NO RFE.....................01/05/2012

NVC RECEIVED......................................01/21/2012

NVC LEFT...............................................01/24/2012

PACKET 3 RECEIVED..............................02/01/2012

PACKET 3 RETURNED.............................02/04/2012

MEDICAL................................................02/17/2012

DS-2001 MAILED.....................................02/23/2012

PACKET 4 RECEIVED..............................03/02/2012

INTERVIEW............................................03/14/2012 APPROVED

POE ATLANTA.........................................04/03/2012

AOS approved 3/29/13 after almost 10 months of waiting. No RFE's and no interview.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

what is a 21 day balot??

The Chinese introduced it to the Philippine years and years ago. It is a delicasy there. I had ONE with a chase of Beer. It was,nt that bad. LOL

Enjoy Dan. Congrats on the Interview. You will be be FINE....

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Timeline

Filipinos love them. I haven't been able to get myself to eat one yet... and I might never get there. It frequently is mentioned on those "top ten worst/most disgusting food" lists. And generally near the top of those lists.

Good luck with your bet!

I've done it numerous times. Vinnegar, salt and a San Miguel or Red Horse chaser and you can do it.. It will be odd hearing crunch crunch crunch with an egg......lol.. Enjoy...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Only a jalepeno? That's nothing. Pfsshhhh.

At least you can skype on a regular basis. I only get Skype like once every other week with my fiancee, and even then it's with really bad video quality.

Timeline

Only a jalepeno? That's nothing. Pfsshhhh.

At least you can skype on a regular basis. I only get Skype like once every other week with my fiancee, and even then it's with really bad video quality.

We SKYPE every day twice a day for two to three hours at a time. We've done that for the last 1 1/2 years. We've never actually never run out of things to talk about. We're very lucky

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

We SKYPE every day twice a day for two to three hours at a time. We've done that for the last 1 1/2 years. We've never actually never run out of things to talk about. We're very lucky

We talk every day on the phone or Skype chat. My fiancee's computer's integrated web camera doesn't work correctly anymore, and her onboard video card causes flickers. The only computer that she can use is her roommates, which has bad video quality. The internet in their apartment isn't that great as well. Furthermore, we both work the same schedule almost, which is like alternating schedules with the time difference. Also, I have three days during the week off, and she has weekends off.

We've talked about getting her a new computer, but we're waiting until after she gets here to do that. Partly because I want her and I to do it together, and partly because we are saving our money for this process.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Actually I think it's mostly duck eggs. They eat them all over southeast asia and they are nasty. I'd rather eat stinky tofu.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.