ovahimba

Email documentation for I-129F

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi All

I am beginning the K-1 process and filling out the I-129F. I am going to include copies of our email communications along with all the other stuff. We have had probably over a 100 exchanges in the first couple months. My question is how much should I include in the application. If I print it all, it might be one big stack of paper they may not care to read. Thanks

14 July 06... Met online

19 Sept 06... Traveled to Shenzhen, China

10 Oct 06... Filed I-129F

17 Oct 06... NOA1

19 Dec 06... Traveled to Thailand together

20 Jan 07.... NOA2

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

At the filing stage you are required to prove that you have met in the previous two years. If you want to print off a few emails, that's fine. 100 - that's not at all necessary.

Hi All

I am beginning the K-1 process and filling out the I-129F. I am going to include copies of our email communications along with all the other stuff. We have had probably over a 100 exchanges in the first couple months. My question is how much should I include in the application. If I print it all, it might be one big stack of paper they may not care to read. Thanks

when I sent our copies we sent 5 only, but we sent pictures, airplane tickets, passport stamps, etc etc the point is do not send a lot of the same thing.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi All

when I sent our copies we sent 5 only, but we sent pictures, airplane tickets, passport stamps, etc etc the point is do not send a lot of the same thing.

I agree with kitkat that the e-mails really do nothing for your case at this point. The e-mails, phone calls, etc.. that have occured post petition which will be considered evidence of a continuing relationship are what you should gather for the additional documentation for the interview. You should include at this stage sufficient documents to show that you have met within the last two years.

YMMV

Just want to add my agreement that stand-alone emails are not really necessary at this point. While many choose to send them and to my knowledge, do not get penalized for this, just be sure not to rely on them to prove your case. Primary evidence (boarding passes, passport stamps, tickets, even credit card receipts) backed up with photographs is still your best option.

Good luck!

Mo

timeline.gif

Full timeline can be seen in my profile

PAST - From K-1 to Citizenship (a love story)
K-1: Aug 12, 2006 to Jan 17, 2007 - mailed I-129F
AOS: Feb 26, 2007 - Jul 26, 2007
REMOVING CONDITIONS: May 4, 2009 - Oct 3, 2009
CITIZENSHIP: Nov 27, 2012 - May 9, 2013

Note: I immigrated from Canada, not T&T - the timeline is reflective of this.

PRESENT - IR-5 Story (reuniting a family)
I-130 for Parents - 2013
Aug ?? - mailed I-130 packages for both mother and father
Sept 10 - NOA1 date
Sept 16 - NOA1s received

Feb 25 - got emails saying that the cases had been transferred to another office for processing

Feb 26 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred to my local office for processing

Feb 28 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred and are being processed

Mar 17 - got email, attached to one case number only, saying that my A number was changed relating to the I-130 filing

Mar 18 - got emails saying that the petitions are approved smile.png

Visit my website Dancing Light Stained Glass Studio to view my work.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
Just want to add my agreement that stand-alone emails are not really necessary at this point. While many choose to send them and to my knowledge, do not get penalized for this, just be sure not to rely on them to prove your case. Primary evidence (boarding passes, passport stamps, tickets, even credit card receipts) backed up with photographs is still your best option.

Good luck!

Mo

I second that! Focus on evidence of having met within the last 2 years. Also, date pictures you submit on their backs. And... as far as visa stamps go, copy the pages with biograpich information *and* the visa stamps.

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

yeah! I have to say that I agree with everyone else. You are just trying to prove that you have seen each other in person within the two year period. You will prove this with using facts in a small letter backed up with evidence. Time stamped photos, Airline tickets, Itinerary, credit card receipts showing use at the same time of presence, couple e-mails, maybe a bill showing when the tickets were purchased. I don't know, there are plenty of threads on here that can help with determining what stuff you can show to prove it.

Do a search using some key words to find the threads that can help.

My suggestion is to write a small letter explaining how you saw each other within the two years. This will be your supplement on proof of meeting.

I would open with one sentence explaining how you first met. The a couple sentences of when, where, and how you've met within the two years. Then close with a sentence of when you decided to get engaged. Now keep a copy of the letter for the interview and remember every date on the letter, both of you!!

Save all the proof of relationship for the interview.

Hope this has helped and good luck!!

06/30/06- sent I-129F petition to VSC.

07/11/06- NOA1 (received in mail)

07/19/06- RFE received in mail, IMBRA

07/28/06- e-mail, IMBRA RFE received at VSC

09/11/06- called VSC, told I'm with an adjudicating officer

09/25/06- called VSC, told to file expedited service, outside 60 days of RFE received date

09/26/06- sent expedited service request to VSC via fax and snail mail

09/26/06- Senators and Congressman making inquiries into my petition

09/29/06- expedited service request approved by VSC director

10/04/06- e-mail NOA2 approved!!!!!!

10/05/06- NVC received

10/06/06- NVC forwarded to Poland Embassy

10/16/06- Packet #3 received

10/17/06- Packet #3 sent to US Embassy Warsaw

10/30/06- Packet #4 received

10/30/06- Interview scheduled for November 22nd!!!

11/30/06- Visa in hand, via DHL!!!!

12/05/06- Ania and I arrive together in the USA

02/11/07- Ania applied for Social Security Card

02/17/07- Ania and I were MARRIED!!!!!!

07/24/07- Social Security Card in hand- after some minor issues and a little procrastination :)

10/14/07- I-485, I-765, and permission to travel mailed to USCIS

10/17/07- Received NOA1

12/17/07- I-485 shipped to California Service Center for faster service

12/17/07- I-765 approved new card should be mailed within 30 days, Advanced parole approved

02/28/08- AOS APPROVED!!!! PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD RECEIVED!!!!! (card received couple weeks after approval)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

You don't have to print it all.

I would print about 15-20 from time to time and emails that could prove your relationship. (You know... sugar mouth each other. :P)

You don't want your package to be too heavy coz that is going to be your fiance(e)'s person file...

Steve (WA,US) & Anne (SH,CN)

P1..............2004/10/04

P2..............2005/01/10

P3..............2005/04/07

P4..............2005/08/02

Interview.....2005/09/19

Married.......2005/10/29

Filed I-485...2005/12/17

RFE submit...2006/02/27

Interview......2006/08/31

Fingerprint....2006/09/07

wel letter......2006/09/19

I-551...........2006/10/02

Share my experiences with you, China-->U.S.

Check out my website : Click here

I am not an attorny, but someone did what you are doing or going to do.

ovahimba

If you are intent on submitting emails, ensure that there is nothing in your emails that can be misinterpreted and/or raise questions in the mind of the adjudicator as this may result in an RFE.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Timeline
ovahimba

If you are intent on submitting emails, ensure that there is nothing in your emails that can be misinterpreted and/or raise questions in the mind of the adjudicator as this may result in an RFE.

And black out personal stuff and/or inappropriate content.

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Good luck!

Mo

I second that! Focus on evidence of having met within the last 2 years. Also, date pictures you submit on their backs. And... as far as visa stamps go, copy the pages with biograpich information *and* the visa stamps.

i think you have to send copies of all pages of your passport, even the blank ones. at least that's what i did, and highlighted the pertinent dates.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I included 4 or so emails (ranging in dates, originating from both email addresses), but they were discussing our travel plans. Something that hinted to the "ongoing relationship" proof, but also used to help complete the "met within the past 2 years" requirement.

Best advice I've heard is to have someone else you trust read through the emails and see if anything they that may appear harmless to you could appear as something else to an outside source. A black marker is your best friend. :)

:star: Cass (bebop the great)

Edited by bebop + rocksteady

us.gif

timeline.gif

K-1

Service Center: California (transferred from Nebraska)

Consulate: Vancouver, Canada (transferred from Montreal)

06.17.2006 — Engagement!

08.23.2006 — NOA1

11.01.2006 — NOA2

01.25.2007 — Interview—APPPROOOVVEEEDD!!

02.12.2007 — Entry date!

03.01.2007 — Applied for SSN.

03.08.2007 — Social Security Card arrives! :)

03.17.2007 — Wedding day! Happy St. Patty's Day! YAY! :D

AOS/EAD

04.30.2007 — AOS/EAD Mailed off (No AP)

05.02.2007 — Arrives in Chicago.

05.08.2007 — NOA1 for AOS/EAD

06.01.2007 — Biometrics (and EAD Touch)

06.14.2007 — AOS Touch

06.17.2007 — AOS Transferred to CSC

06.19.2007 — AOS Touch

06.20.2007 — AOS Touch

06.21.2007 — AOS Touch (They must be doing something!)

07.25.2007 — EA Card Arrives. YAY! :)

09.03.2007 — AOS Touch, something finally!

09.05.2007 — AOS Touch

09.07.2007 — AOS Touch

09.09.2007 — AOS Touch

09.10.2007 — AOS Touch

09.11.2007 — AOS Approval without interview

09.17.2007 — Welcome to America! Letter arrives

09.29.2007 — Green card arrives! WOOO! No more USCIS until 06/09.

Filed: Timeline

Mew,

Better, I think, to omit such e-mails altogether, and provide only those that can be used without editing. The black-outs themselves can possibly raise a question.

I like Cass' idea to include with I-129f e-mails that support the issue at hand - supporting the evidence of the meeting(s) within the last two years - as well as the suggestion to have any e-mails (or other correspondance) read by a 3rd-party.

Yodrak

ovahimba

Edited by Yodrak

Timeline
Mew,

Better, I think, to omit such e-mails altogether, and provide only those that can be used without editing. The black-outs themselves can possibly raise a question.

I like Cass' idea to include with I-129f e-mails that support the issue at hand - supporting the evidence of the meeting(s) within the last two years - as well as the suggestion to have any e-mails (or other correspondance) read by a 3rd-party.

Yodrak

ovahimba

Yodrak, I agree. I myself haven't supplied any e-mails with I-129f. However, if the OP really wants to do so (as stated above) and doesn't have any e-mails that could be submitted without blacking some of content out, they'll either have to forget about the idea or "edit" them. Preferably omit e-mails as you said.

Edited by Mew

Timeline (incompleta)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.