boboroad

The Bill gets signed today, a step backwards

51 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
I'm sorry, I don't recall seeing that particular vocabulary...must have missed that, I guess they did too.

What is the wall meant to prevent? Entry without Inspection. For those who wish to enter the proper way, ports of entry already exist.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Yes, it does seem so very obvious to most of us here...but before I became involved with an illegal I didn't know the difference. A lot of people don't fully grasp the difference.

Don't let the sunshine spoil your rain...just stand up and COMPLAIN!

-Oscar the Grouch

* It's not fair (Yes it is) Who says it's not fair?

* It's racist (No it isn't) The fence isn't. But the sentiment of keeping the brown folks is.

Keeping the brown people out. Come one now.. :lol: Well if one is so against any security measures, why not take off all of the locks on your doors and windows?

* People just want to work (So do the rest of us) Except for the welfare lifers.

* They're not taking jobs away from Americans (Yes they are) Unemployment is at all time lows. Farmers are complaining of not having enough workers on hand. Remind me, whose jobs are they taking again?

The whole unemployment and people not wanting to do so-called jobs is a bunch of bs. Are they taking jobs away from Americans, of course. Personally I would rather pay $1 extra for my juice and have an American employed rather than someone who has entered a nation by breaking the law.

In terms of there not being people who want to do the work, that is a cultural thing. I see people blame others and cry it's against the x group, while buying dvd's and pressing EBT as method of payment. I think to myself, if a Mexican can come here with nothing and get a job what the ###### excuse do you others really have.. Which comes back to a previous post about people being forced to work to qualify for welfare..

* They're not hurting anyone (The hell they're not) I suppose the bad apples in the group have murdered/raped/mugged/stole/etc.. but the rest of them do their best not to harm any one. None of the 9/11 terrorist crossed that border.

Daniel

:energetic:

Even one is not acceptable. Tell me one other civilized country who in their right mind allows just anybody to roam the streets without knowing who the ###### they are. That is just ludicrous.. These people who are entering, illegally by the thousands, pay little if no taxes and simply turn areas of the country into desert wasteland.

First thing first, the country has to secure their border. Next they can work on a legal immigration route for people who want to migrate here. Like with every other visa that mean quotas and waiting times and not the present, I feel like going to the US today so I will #######. Then the government can work on path, for them, of assimilating into the nation. Yes, the requires them to learn and speak english..

Anyone who is caught being involved with gang activity should be deported immediately and banned from returning to the US.

America I knew and loved...putting a bandaid over such a critical issue and wasting time and money for it, while sending out an ugly message to the entire world, is shameful.

Have you ever lived in any other 1st world country?

And, just as Javier said, they'll still get here. They're still starving! Problem NOT solved... They risked their lives before, some dying to get here, they'll keep right on doing that until the problem gets solved.

Yes. it is called a secuirty fence.. Why is Mexico the US's problem?

Edited by Infidel

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Filed: Country: Guatemala
Timeline
Have you ever lived in any other 1st world countries??

And, just as Javier said, they'll still get here. They're still starving! Problem NOT solved... They risked their lives before, some dying to get here, they'll keep right on doing that until the problem gets solved.

Yes. it is called a secuirty fence..

1. No

2. There are other ways. I can only imagine, just like you, because I've never been hungry or had to watch my child starve. So I don't know what level of desperation causes someone to set out in the desert for days, knowing full well they may not survive. I can only imagine that the same desperation will lead to new ways of getting here.

Why is Mexico the US's problem?

I missed this part...Mexico doesn't have to be the US's problem. No other country does. The US makes other countries their problem. The US always has.

Don't let the sunshine spoil your rain...just stand up and COMPLAIN!

-Oscar the Grouch

Yes, it does seem so very obvious to most of us here...but before I became involved with an illegal I didn't know the difference. A lot of people don't fully grasp the difference.

Sadly even the media refuses to differentiate between legal and illegal immigration. Until they do, then most of America won't understand there IS a difference!

Here in Tucson, it's always "immigration" and "immigrant", not illegal immigration and illegal immigrant.

I have to agree with Gupt, the PoEs are still open, still there for the people who do things the right way!

Remember Ellis Island, that was the "holding" area of the immigrants from Europe. These people came through, were INSPECTED and some (about 2% according to the Ellis Island wiki entry) were refused.

So to compare the "immigrants" from Europe then and those coming from Mexico now is not a very good comparison... entry with inspection vs. without.

K-1 timeline

05/03/06: NOA1

06/29/06: IMBRA RFE Received

07/28/06: NOA2 received in the mail!

10/06/06: Interview

02/12/07: Olga arrived

02/19/07: Marc and Olga marry

02/20/07: DISNEYLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AOS Timeline

03/29/07: NOA1

04/02/07: Notice of biometrics appointment

04/14/07: Biometrics appointment

07/10/07: AOS Interview - Passed.

Done with USCIS until 2009!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline
A country that fails to protect it's borders will after a while no longer exist. My only question is why it isn't going to be longer, since it's far short of the whole border.

Plus as other have pointed out the Berlin wall was to keep people in not keep people out. Better analogy is the Great Wall of China.

EXACTLY before you make inaccurate unrelated comparisons learn your history!Berlin Wall was built to keep people in, and it was a different problem,

I think te Wal between USA & Mexico And a great start, also ENforcement of those who willingly defy federal immigration laws by etering illegally should be dealth with severly

Of course as someone mentioned the Gov.t may have approved the budget to build the fence but i doubt they will use leagl workers, so most likely they will utuilize the labor of the exact same population they are trying to keep from entering illegally.

Mexico & other south American countries need to be accountable for thier own peoples suffering, by building this wall and enfrocing the border immigration laws the change will be posiitve it will ofrce the Govt. of these nations to fix the very problems of their countries, Mexico doesn't want to have to be resonsible for their peoples suffering It's time the US steps up and forces the issue so those people of South America can have a brighter future.

Those who enter illegally are criminals and intentionally willfully break federal immigration laws,

Stealing govt. and local aide by taking advantage of education and medical care while bringing down the quality in both those areas. Taking away from those who need it, work hard for it and deserve it

Defrauding the IRS & Govt.s NOT paying Income tax, and sending Money BACK into mexico back into the USA economy.Working illegally usually using stolen or fraudulent ID's to Ilegally obtain employment, Federal criminal crime!

Criminals should be kept out and made to follow the rules every immigrant has to abide by.

Enforcing immigration laws and protecting the border is what secures the freedom, and prosperity of Our nation.

It's about time for a fence now enforcement should follow, starting with employers of illegal immigrants & those who empower the illegally entry and support or advocate the criminal acts.

gewelcome-vi.gif

3dflagsdotcom_japan_2faws-vi.gif

IMPORTANT NOTICE:Like you all, I am not an attorney ; I am a layperson (I have laid a lot of persons ) My advice is based on Experience obtained by filing ourselves

AOS met in Japan 1994 married 10/2004

DO:Los Angeles,Ca.

6/17/06 Forms Sent (I-130, I-485, and I-765)

6/19/06 RD I-130,I-485, I-765

6/26/06 NOA rcvd

7/15/06 Biometrics complete Day 22

8/4/06 Interview Notice Rcvd Day 42

9/9/06 EAD Card Received :)Day 78

9/13/06 SS Card Received :)Day 82

9/27/06 AOS Interview Los Angeles APPROVED LPR Day 96

12/04/06 Welcome To the United States Letter received

12/08/06 Green Card Received- expires 12/2016

Timeline

Why shouldn't America protect it's borders??

Their arguments:

* It's not fair (Yes it is)

* It's racist (No it isn't)

* People just want to work (So do the rest of us)

* They're not taking jobs away from Americans (Yes they are)

* They're not hurting anyone (The hell they're not)

Etc., etc., etc.

* It's not fair (Yes it is) Who says it's not fair?

* It's racist (No it isn't) The fence isn't. But the sentiment of keeping the brown folks is.

* People just want to work (So do the rest of us) Except for the welfare lifers.

* They're not taking jobs away from Americans (Yes they are) Unemployment is at all time lows. Farmers are complaining of not having enough workers on hand. Remind me, whose jobs are they taking again?

* They're not hurting anyone (The hell they're not) I suppose the bad apples in the group have murdered/raped/mugged/stole/etc.. but the rest of them do their best not to harm any one. None of the 9/11 terrorist crossed that border.

Daniel

:energetic:

Who says it's not fair?

EVERYONE WHO Goes through the process legally, everyone who works hard for their family & pays income taxes, puts money into USA enconomy, everyone who follwos the immigration laws in this forum! Thats WHO

I suppose the bad apples in the group have murdered/raped/mugged/stole/etc.. but the rest of them do their best not to harm any one. None of the 9/11 terrorist crossed that border

It has not been proven that terrorist cell that have been discovered in USA did NOT cross the border in fact the possability exist that those who helped plan 9/11 could have entered through the southern border illegally,

I don't think they are taking jobs from Americans However they are stealing federal aide and Defrauding the IRS and legal residnets of Income tax, in addition they send Majority their Illeaglly earned $ OUT of USA

I suppose the bad apples in the group have murdered/raped/mugged/stole/etc.. but the rest of them do their best not to harm any one. None of the 9/11 terrorist crossed that border

Do their Best? yes to take adavantage and steal, they do their best to sneak around and commit federal crimes, they do everything in their power to TAKE ADANTAGE AND DISOBEY FEDERAL IMMIGRATION, STATE LAWS.

They are BAD APPLES the moment they cross the border illegally their FIRST ACT ON USA SOIL IS THAT OF CRIMINAL WILLFULL DEFIANCE, their intnetions are to commit a crime regardless of who they harm or who suffers.

THEY ARE HARMING A LOT OF PEOPLE, Hospitals all around are forced to close because they can not support the capacity of illegal aliens taking adavantge of aide obtained be fraud, as a result legal residents/ immigrants suffer and do not have access to that medical care. They are taking seats in public schools that LEGAL residents ' taxes pay for to fund, yet thye do not PUT 1 red penny into that system, who suffers the Children do because these illegals not only want to take advantage of something they steal or did not earn they want to be accomodated and have testing and education standards lowered to their abilities.

They steal Id's Commit fraud , drive illegally w/out insurance what happens if you get in a wreck cause dby one of these unisured Illegal drivers who has no documents and say you get paralyzed who will pay for that not the illegall imigrant he/she will just sneak back into the tunnel they crawled out of and ten you will now be reliant on the Govt. your family will suffer.

gewelcome-vi.gif

IMPORTANT NOTICE:Like you all, I am not an attorney ; I am a layperson (I have laid a lot of persons ) My advice is based on Experience obtained by filing ourselves

6/26/06 NOA rcvd

Timeline
The fence, if it is built, will be mostly a symbolic gesture. "See? We are doing something concrete(har, har) about illegal immigration!" Yet, what of the smuggler's tunnels? What of the parts of the border with no wall? As usual, politicians come up with a half-baked, ineffective 'solution' to a problem just to keep people quiet.

I say we let hungry pitbulls loose in those DRUG tunnels.

And thoe only benefit made available to those who entered without inspection is a ONE WAY BUS TICKET back to where they came from.

gewelcome-vi.gif

6/26/06 NOA rcvd

Filed: Timeline

Sadly even the media refuses to differentiate between legal and illegal immigration. Until they do, then most of America won't understand there IS a difference!

Here in Tucson, it's always "immigration" and "immigrant", not illegal immigration and illegal immigrant.

I have to agree with Gupt, the PoEs are still open, still there for the people who do things the right way!

Remember Ellis Island, that was the "holding" area of the immigrants from Europe. These people came through, were INSPECTED and some (about 2% according to the Ellis Island wiki entry) were refused.

So to compare the "immigrants" from Europe then and those coming from Mexico now is not a very good comparison... entry with inspection vs. without.

My great grandfather came through Ellis Island, an ethnic Pole on Russian papers since at the time, there was no such country as 'Poland'. His blustering about the hard time he was given is legendary in my family.

Oh, they also gave him a new name. Didn't ask him if he wanted one...GAVE him a new name. They were like "Oh, this is too hard to spell. Your new name is blah diddy blah." :lol:

Yeah, Europeans had it so easy.

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

lol, your new Delta Name is Flounder.. rotflol.

In theory, If it costs too much to pick oranges in Florida, then the oranges will get grown in Mexico instead. At least thats what happens to everything else made in America. So, Im not buying the Farmer argument either way. I mean, If you were going to keep jobs in America. What would be better. Potato picking or Car Manufacturing?

I know some feel there is a strategic advantage to growing our own food. But discounting that, it makes no sence to grow food in the US when you can grow it someplace else cheaper.

IR1

April 14, 2004 I-130 NOA1

April 25, 2005 IR1 Received

April 26, 2005 POE Dorval Airport

May 13, 2005 Welcome to America Letters Received

May 21, 2005 PR Card in Mail

May 26, 2005 Applied for SSN at local office

June 06, 2005 SSN Received

June 11, 2005 Driver Licence Issued!

June 20, 2005 Deb gets a Check Card! Just like Donald Trump's!

Citizenship

Jan 30, 2008 N400 Mailed off to the VSC!

Feb 2, 2008 N400 Received at VSC

Feb 6, 2008 Check Cashed!

Feb 13, 2008 NOA1 Received

Feb 15, 2008 Fingerprint letter received. (Feb 26th scheduled)

Feb 18, 2008 Mailed out the old Please Reschedule us for Biometics <sigh>...

Feb 27, 2008 Received the new scheduled biometrics.

Mar 15, 2008 Biometrics Rescheduled.

Sep 18, 2008 Interview Letter Recieved.

Nov 11, 2008 Interview Passed :-).

Nov 14, 2008 Oath Cerimony.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

LOL!

those who say they would pay one more dollar for juice.. YEAH RIGHT!! dude.. customers complaint for 10 cent increases.. har har har, best joke of the day..

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
LOL!

those who say they would pay one more dollar for juice.. YEAH RIGHT!! dude.. customers complaint for 10 cent increases.. har har har, best joke of the day..

I dont know... ppl complained about gas being $3 gl or more.... but were happy to fork over $4-$5 for that starbucks frothy lenti italia mochachino with half vanilla and half cinnamon sprinkly stuff

James & Sara - Aug 12, 05

Humanity... destined to pass the baton shortly.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

The official mexican hand book on how to get here! I still say mine the border and be done with the problem.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1316169/posts

coracao.gif

CAROL & MARC

MY HONEY'S PROFILE

Remove Conditions

08-28-08 - Mailed I-751

08-30-08 - Delivered

09-01-08 - Touched

09-03-08 - Check cleared

09-06-08 - NOA1 in the mail (dated 08/29???)

10-09-08 - Biometrics (Touched)

12-16-08 - Email "Card production ordered"

12-24-08 - Santa came and brought my present (Greencard in the mail!)

kitazura.gifkpuppy1.gif

BICHON FRISE LOVER!!!

There are a lot of crazy, scary dudes on this forum. No suprises there mind you.

Edited by Purple_Hibiscus

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .