YozhikandBulochka

Questions about POE based on Entrance.

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

So my fiance and son are entering the country on march 30th (yes Im excited ^_^) but im buying them a connecting flight 1 hour later from JFK to BWI (I live close to the BWI area). Now the question is when they enter at JFK does she go through immigration there or she waits for the connecting flight and go through immigration at BWI? Im unaware of the answer cause ive never done this before O_O. Thanks

3/20/2011: Preparing Documents for I-129f Forms

4/15/2011: Received Signed Cover Letter & G325A Form

From the Misses

5/11/2011: I-129f forms mailed to USCIS lockbox (^_^)b

5/13/2011: Documents delivered to USCIS lockbox via USPS (^_^)

5/17/2011: NOA1 supposed email/text but forgot to include G 1145 Form =(

5/18/2011: Check Cashed by USCIS (YAY!!!)

5/18/2011: USCIS mails NOA1

5/23/2011: Received HARD COPY OF NOA1 d(^_^)b

********The Long wait begins*********

9/11/2011: 120 Day marker

9/13/2011 @ 11:30am GMT+3: Our Son is born. (^_^)

10/18/2011: 157 days later Receive Confirmation Email that we received NOA2 (^_^)b

10/27/2011: NVC Sent Case to US embassy in Moscow.

11/02/2011: NVC Received case in US Embassy in Moscow.

11/5/2011: Received NOA2 Hard Copy from VSC

11/11/2011: Our son receives his first Passport (Russian)

12/28/2011: CRBA Interview in Moscow @ 2pm (***APPROVED***)

12/29/2011: K-1 Interview in Moscow @ 8am (***APPROVED***)

1/13/2011: Sasha receives his CRBA Certificate and US Passport and is now a Dual Citizen (WAY TO GO SON!!!)

1/23/2011: Visa is Officially in Hand. Let the preparations begin.

3/30/2012: POE John F. Kennedy Airport New York (I CANT WAIT!!!!)

6/1/2012: Proposed and She said yes!!!

6/7/2012: Finally Married in Annapolis - Mr & Mrs. Temidayo (^_^)b

**********AOS PREPARATIONS***************************

ticker.png

ticker.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

1 hour can be risky. Since it would be their POE, and first time, then process may take the time. Of course, JFK is known as a quick POE, but sometimes people have to wait longer 1 hour to 2 hour.

First she has to go thru immigration department, then after that, she can only catch her connection flight for final destination. Did you make sure, her connection flight is from JFK but not any other airport in NYC?

XrVRp5.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Ours took 3 hours+ LAX, get a later flight. You have interview, luggage change of terminal, better to have too much time then miss a flight and start over. Or meet her there!!!

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

ahh so she will go through immigration at JFK before going to her connecting flight. Maybe Ill meet her there. We will see.

3/20/2011: Preparing Documents for I-129f Forms

4/15/2011: Received Signed Cover Letter & G325A Form

From the Misses

5/11/2011: I-129f forms mailed to USCIS lockbox (^_^)b

5/13/2011: Documents delivered to USCIS lockbox via USPS (^_^)

5/17/2011: NOA1 supposed email/text but forgot to include G 1145 Form =(

5/18/2011: Check Cashed by USCIS (YAY!!!)

5/18/2011: USCIS mails NOA1

5/23/2011: Received HARD COPY OF NOA1 d(^_^)b

********The Long wait begins*********

9/11/2011: 120 Day marker

9/13/2011 @ 11:30am GMT+3: Our Son is born. (^_^)

10/18/2011: 157 days later Receive Confirmation Email that we received NOA2 (^_^)b

10/27/2011: NVC Sent Case to US embassy in Moscow.

11/02/2011: NVC Received case in US Embassy in Moscow.

11/5/2011: Received NOA2 Hard Copy from VSC

11/11/2011: Our son receives his first Passport (Russian)

12/28/2011: CRBA Interview in Moscow @ 2pm (***APPROVED***)

12/29/2011: K-1 Interview in Moscow @ 8am (***APPROVED***)

1/13/2011: Sasha receives his CRBA Certificate and US Passport and is now a Dual Citizen (WAY TO GO SON!!!)

1/23/2011: Visa is Officially in Hand. Let the preparations begin.

3/30/2012: POE John F. Kennedy Airport New York (I CANT WAIT!!!!)

6/1/2012: Proposed and She said yes!!!

6/7/2012: Finally Married in Annapolis - Mr & Mrs. Temidayo (^_^)b

**********AOS PREPARATIONS***************************

ticker.png

ticker.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Yeah, it's not only about the waiting in lines but getting from one gate to another (domestic/international), luggage handling and how long before you have to be there.

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

So my fiance and son are entering the country on march 30th (yes Im excited ^_^) but im buying them a connecting flight 1 hour later from JFK to BWI (I live close to the BWI area). Now the question is when they enter at JFK does she go through immigration there or she waits for the connecting flight and go through immigration at BWI? Im unaware of the answer cause ive never done this before O_O. Thanks

1 hour for sure is a recipe for missing the connecting flight. If you can be there, do so for sure! :thumbs:

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

JFK is a nightmare for these kinds of flights! Definitely change the connecting flight. Allow her 3 hours between them, AT LEAST. Your being or not being there will not make a difference if you have only 1 hour to catch the next flight. She'll wait in a line for 30 minutes to 1 hour BEFORE even getting to the passport check (unless she's lucky and not a lot of flights arrive at the same time). Then it's another 15-20 minutes to check all her immigration docs. Then it's finger printing (5-10 minutes, if there are people in front of her also immigrating). Then she HAS to pick up her luggage and leave the international arrivals area - add another 10-15 minutes. Add more if she's picked for random screening. Then she needs to get to the domestic terminal (have you been to JFK?) and check her luggage again, get through the security and to the gate.

Look for an option with a 3 hour layover. Even 2 hours would be stressful.

Why won't you have her fly in directly to IAD? If you have a car, you could pick her up. Yes, it'll take some time, but no hassle with catching connecting flights, and it would still take less time and trouble than your traveling to JFK and back.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

JFK is SO big... even if she didn't have to be processed by the Immigration Officers, 1 hour layover, for any individual, going through that airport, is too little time.

Hell! I was there in July with a 7 hour layover, going to VA; they not only cancelled my original flight, they had me transfer from JFK to La Guardia (out of my ow pocket, of course).

offtopic45vn.gif I must have been pissed by an elephant that night, though... all the flights from La Guardia got cancelled too and I had to spend the night in NY... out of my own pocket as well......

God willing and with visa in hand, I'll be flying to BWI too.. awesome airport and close to home!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.