12 posts in this topic

HEY WE GOT IT TODAY(NOA 2 ).Now what is the next step helppppppppppppppp!

:guides:

Scroll down to read What to send to your fiance(e) once the I-129F is approved (Receive NOA2).

Part One: The K-1 Visa Journey:

USCIS Receipt of I-129F: January 24, 2012 | Petition Approval: June 15, 2012 (No RFEs)
Interview: October 24, 2012 - Review | Visa Delivered: October 31, 2012

Part Two: Entry and Adjusting Status:

POE: November 18, 2012 (at SFO) - Review
Wedding: December 1, 2012 | Social Security: New cards received on December 7, 2012.
AOS Package (I-485/I-765/I-131) NOA1: February 19, 2013 | Biometrics Appt.: March 18, 2013
AP/EAD Approved: April 29, 2013 | Card Received: May 6, 2013 | AOS Interview Appt.: May 16, 2013 - Approved Review Card Received: May 24, 2013

Part Three: Removal of Conditions:

Coming Soon...

"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." – George Carlin

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

:wow:Congrats!~

Vdr5m8.png

August, 2001 - we first met in QD, China

April 14, 2003 - established relationship

August 19, 2003 - he went to AU for studying

Dec 27, 2003~Jan 10, 2004 - met in SH, China

Aug 14~21, 2004 - He visited me in QD, China

Jan~Feb, 2005 - met in QD, China

May 10, 2005 - I moved to the US

Apl 1~21, 2006 - He visited me in LA, US

Dec 14, 2007~ Feb 18, 2008 - I visited him in Mel, AU

Dec 31, 2008~Feb 21, 2009 - we met in QD, China

Jul 30~Oct 24, 2009 - met in QD, China

Jul 15~Oct 15, 2010 - met in QD, China

Jan 17~Feb 14, 2012 - met in QD, China

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Congratulations!!! :thumbs:

Met online : 2009
Married : 07/28/2010

USCIS
Send I-130 : 06/08/2011
Touched : 06/13/2011
got a NOA1 by e-mail and SMS : 06/15/2011
got "I-797C" hard copy of NOA1 : 06/20/2011
got RFE "I-797E" : 10/15/2011
RFE Reply : 12/15/2011
Touched : 12/16/2011
I-130 Approved : 12/20/2011
got "I-797" hard copy of NOA2 : 12/24/2011
Your I-130 was approved in 183 days from your NOA1 date.

NVC
NVC Case Number : 01/13/2012
Pay "$88" AOS Bill and e-mailed DS-3032 : 02/08/2012
Email from NVC, DS-3032 Accepted : 02/09/2012
AOS Fee Shows PAID : 02/09/2012
IV fee invoiced "$404" : 02/10/2012
IV fee invoiced "$230" : 04/18/2012
Pay "$230" IV Bill : 04/30/2012
IV Fee Shows PAID : 05/02/2012
Send AOS and IV packet : 06/09/2012
AOS and IV packet Received : 06/22/2012
Case completed at NVC : 06/29/2012

Interview Date : 08/28/2012 "Denied"

Case Reaffirmed : 07/16/2013

Second interview - Approved : 10/24/2013

Visa Issued : 10/29/2013

Visa in hand : 10/31/2013

For more details please visit my timeline

485.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

YEY Congratulations!!! When did you filed?

EVERYTHING IS WITH THE HELP OF GOD. HE NEVER LET US DOWN. HAVE FAITH IN YOUR GOD!!!! I LOVE YOU BABY FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART!!!

“Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.” - Corinthians

-October 12,2011 Petition sent to CSC
-October 19,2011 NOA1
-Feb.27,2012 NOA2 approval (131 days from NOA1)
-March 7,2012 The Petition Forwarded to Consulates:)
-March 23,2012 Packet 3 and 4 Received.
-April 3,2012 Visa Approved
-April 20,2012 VISA in my Hand.Yey. smile.pngsmile.png
-April 25,2012 My Flight and My POE is JFK
-August 03,2012 AOS filed
-August 28,2012 RFE
-September 05,2012 RFE sent and They received it on Sept.13th
-October 10,2012 EAD approved
-October 18,2012 EAD card in the mail.Yey

-September 6,2013 Green card APPROVED!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I wrote this to another member--maybe it will help?? :)

My biggest suggestion, is do not just wait until you receive notices from them after you receive the NOA2 it will add about 2 to 3 weeks to your waiting, prepare for it now. If you look at my time line, it went quick after the NOA2

After receiving the NOA2, the actual Petition goes to the National Visa Center---and after 14 days, you can call them to confirm they received it (I got my written notice in the mail a week after I called them).When you call you will be able to know when they received it and if it has been sent to the embassy in Kiev. The MOST important thing to get from them is the KEV case number. Once you have the KEV number you can send your fiancée to get her medical (all instructions are on the website). I had all the required documents ready for some time anticipating the interview, so I moved quickly. If you have not, go to the embassy’s web site and it is step by step of what you need and how to precede, http://ukraine.usembassy.gov/fiancee.html. I found out that the petition is actually electronically sent to the embassy in Kiev from the NVC. Once received in Kiev they make a hard copy and send it to the Conuslar’s Section which could take 4 or 5 days, in my case 2. You can send an email request to check the status of the case on their website, http://ukraine.usemb...iv-status.html, after you know it has been sent to Kiev. Once the Conuslar’s Section receives the hard copy you can call and make the interview appointment, which when we did it, it was averaging about 5 days to get the interview appointment. Alla got her notification to go to the embassy’s website and complete the requested forms 10 days after we had made the interview appointment.

You will need to call and get a “PIN Number” using your credit card to make an interview appointment.

If you have not, go to this page of the site, http://ukraine.usemb...visa-forms.html, to make sure you have all of the documents and other things you will need. The Kiev instructions are the best and have a check list, along with the KEV-1 form (both check lists of the forms and requirents). Read all of the tabs on the left side of the page Medical Examination, Scheduling, Photo Requirements, Case Status, Frequently Asked Questions.

Also I have found that the Consuslar’s Section is very helpful and returns emails in 24 hours if you have questions, kyiviv@state.gov ,and they actually give you an answer to questions, but really read everything on the website, it is very good, except that I did find out that the I-135 does NOT have to be notarized as it states on the website.

The only thing I know that is a bit of a controversy from reading the posts on VJ is something about a stamp on their passport that shows a divorce was final, but all Alla took was her divorce decrees and it was accepted.

In our case they did not look at my tax returns or any other financial documents, but more is always better in case they do ask. The proof of the ongoing relationship they also hardly looked at, but again send her with all you have, skype logs & screen shots, phone bills and any other documentation you have. They also looked at some photos we took with her entire family and wanted to know who everyone in the photo was.

I took a printer with me on my last visit, so there would not be a problem with getting her things through the mail, but try to get everything they require and mail it to her, well before the interview date, if she does not have access to a printer. To send something Fed Ex in three days there cost about $65.00. Trust me when it all starts to really happen things are going to get hectic making sure you have everything--- have your ducks in a row WAY ahead of time!!

If this did not answer your questions and after reading the information on the embassy’s site, I will help you as much as I can, let me know.

Phil

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congrats!! :dance: :dance:

For the NVC:

Give them 7 - 10 days before calling.

K1's are not tracked through the AVR, ever. They are processed like an immigrant visa, but they are NOT immigrant visas, so they fall into a completely different class of their own. Therefore you need an operator. To get there:

1-603-334-0700

Press 1 for English

Press 5 for an operator

NVC CONTACT INFORMATION:

E-mail: NVCInquiry@state.gov

REQUIRED SECURITY INFORMATION:

You are required to provide the following security information with each inquiry to receive a case specific response:

* NVC Case Number or USCIS Receipt Number (Place in the subject line of the e-mail).

* Petitioner's name and date of birth.

( NOTE: If the visa petition is employment-based, include the employer's company/organization name instead of the petitioner's name and date of birth. )

* Principal Applicant's name and date of birth.

* If you are an attorney, include your name and the name and address of your law office.

is there a site I can read just what an NOA2 reads and are they any different in each country?

The NOA2 (I-797 Notice of Action form) looks just like the NOA1 with a slight difference - the word APPROVED.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

WOOHOOO!!! congrats!!! GO CSC!! :dance:

28 Dec '11 - I-129F package sent

30 Dec '11 - NOA 1

24 May '12 - NOA 2

27 Jun '12 - NVC Received

29 Jun '12 - NVC left

08 Aug '12 - Interview

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congratulations!

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.