ATCSTEVE

Need advise please!!

25 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

So my wife and I have been married for 5 years.She is here illegally. We got the i-130 done,and next was the 601.She has left the country against my advise.She has left me again, for the second time in last year or so.She says she wants to be done with our relationship,but dont want a divorce.Im thinking she is getting a inheritance from Mexico soon and wants to do the paperwork while we are married,behind by back so to speak.Im trying to do the right thing and help her,but dont want to be screwed over either.She leaving the country again, and having to wait months to get home has really hurt our family.Everytime she leaves it hurts all of us.She continues to work illegally,drive on license (that she got back in the day that you still could) is a notary,not having a tax number ect..I want her to stop all those things while the paperwork is getting done,but she wont!Thats part of the split-up problem that we have right now.If I decide to divorce her,can I stop the paperwork?Can I report her?Should I, is my biggest question.Anyways,any help or advise on what to do,would be helpful,thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Sounds like she is 9C so has a minimum 10 year ban anyway.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The Only Paperwork you should be Concentrating on is a Immediate Divorce.

You don't need to turn her in. The divorce proceedings/documents will show Illegal Status.

Edited by Tim/Mav

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

If she was here illegally and left, how is she expecting to return--swim?! I would divorce her NOW and let her figure out how to live in the US. It sounds like she is doing quite well at doing things as she sees fit and not the legal way. That could come back to bit you if you file and paperwork for her. Have you filed the I-130? Is it only the I-130? You can stop the process by not filing the I-485 when asked to do so after the I-130 is approved. I am suprised that she did not have you file the I-130 and I-485 while still in the US so she could get her GC. As she is married to a USC I do not believe you need to file the I-601 and since she was in the US and married to a USC you could have filed the I-130 and I-485 together to get her GC. Now that she has left the US I am not sure what her options are other than the CR-1/IR-1 visa.

Anyway, I would run away from this situation as fast as you can and start your life over,

Good luck to you,

Dave

Edited by Dave&Roza

Sounds messy and shady - Divorce!

Married: 6/17/11

I-130 Sent: 7/9/11

NOA1 : 7/14/11

I-129F Sent: 7/21/11

NOA1: 7/21/11

NOA2: 8/22/11

NVC Received: 8/24/11

NVC Left: 8/26/11

Consulate Received: 9/5/11

Packet 4 Received: 10/4/11

Medical Done: 11/7/11

Interview: 11/23/11

Approved: 11/23/11

Changed to CR1: 12/16/11

Medical Re-Done: 1/5/12

Waiting for Issuance of Visa.........

Timeline

If she was here illegally and left, how is she expecting to return--swim?! I would divorce her NOW and let her figure out how to live in the US. It sounds like she is doing quite well at doing things as she sees fit and not the legal way. That could come back to bit you if you file and paperwork for her. Have you filed the I-130? Is it only the I-130? You can stop the process by not filing the I-485 when asked to do so after the I-130 is approved. I am suprised that she did not have you file the I-130 and I-485 while still in the US so she could get her GC. As she is married to a USC I do not believe you need to file the I-601 and since she was in the US and married to a USC you could have filed the I-130 and I-485 together to get her GC. Now that she has left the US I am not sure what her options are other than the CR-1/IR-1 visa.

Anyway, I would run away from this situation as fast as you can and start your life over,

Good luck to you,

Dave

I don't think the Option of a CR-1/IR-1 Visa is there. Either a 10 year or Life Ban. And you know. I don't think she cares anyway.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY

10/03/14.....Biometrics

Timeline

I don't think the Option of a CR-1/IR-1 Visa is there. Either a 10 year or Life Ban. And you know. I don't think she cares anyway.

But, before we go Crying in Our Own Cherioos here. You knew she was Illegal the whole time. Now, that she has left. You ask for Revenge. SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT! You really should be Banned from Petitioning an Alien in the future yourself.

Again, you don't have to Call Authorities. Just File for Divorce. She will get the proper treatment from the US Goverment she deserves.

Edited by Tim/Mav

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY

10/03/14.....Biometrics

Timeline

The i 130 was approved.She is back here in the US now.Came right back across the border with a DL.I didnt know her whole status till years later.I know it sounds like a revenge thing.I just figured if she wants to continue to not do things right,not stay married then she dosent deserve me to help her.To help her,Id have to stay married and continue the paperwork,and that would be wrong too.Anyways,thanks for the advise.I guess Im just trying to do the right thing here,and dont know what it is !lol

The i 130 was approved.She is back here in the US now.Came right back across the border with a DL.I didnt know her whole status till years later.I know it sounds like a revenge thing.I just figured if she wants to continue to not do things right,not stay married then she dosent deserve me to help her.To help her,Id have to stay married and continue the paperwork,and that would be wrong too.Anyways,thanks for the advise.I guess Im just trying to do the right thing here,and dont know what it is !lol

The right thing is the legal thing, not the loving thing.

Married: 6/17/11

I-130 Sent: 7/9/11

NOA1 : 7/14/11

I-129F Sent: 7/21/11

NOA1: 7/21/11

NOA2: 8/22/11

NVC Received: 8/24/11

NVC Left: 8/26/11

Consulate Received: 9/5/11

Packet 4 Received: 10/4/11

Medical Done: 11/7/11

Interview: 11/23/11

Approved: 11/23/11

Changed to CR1: 12/16/11

Medical Re-Done: 1/5/12

Waiting for Issuance of Visa.........

Timeline

Your Original Post was very honest and your replies as well.

Love will make us do Crazy things sometimes. You been Warned but do what you fell is best.

IT'S YOUR LIFE !

Edited by Tim/Mav

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY

10/03/14.....Biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

So presumably pretended to be a USC.

So no adjustment available anyway.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

ATCSTEVE, I'm trying to understand what you mean when you said your wife "is a notary"?

~ Long version of K-1 timeline in profile "About Me" ~

November 2007 - Met on Tortus server of Rappelz

3 October 2009 - Met IRL

13 November 2010 - POE Lewiston NY

28 November 2010 - Married!

23 December 2010 - Filed for AOS/EAD/AP

31 January 2011 - walk-in Biometrics

04 March 2011 - Green Card Production ordered - no interview

05 December 2012 - Mailed I-751

VJsig.png

Now you are aware that ONCE your wife receives her new Green Card she will be leaving you again. This time it will probably be for good. As long as you understand what the end result will be, the finally decision is up to you.

Also, the 601 wavier you have filed, is no longer any good, because your wife just left the US, and entered the US illegally AGAIN. At the interview all the doting of the iii's and crossing of the tttt's will get done and everything will fall into place. The interview will turn into a living night-mare for her.

Edited by LIFE'SJOURNEY

Timeline

Nobody knows that she left and came back.She took the bus there ,and She walked thru and used her d.l. to get back in the US.No harm no foul to her.We were getting ready to file the next step,I believe the 601? We have not done that yet.As far as the notary thing,she is a notary.

Nobody knows that she left and came back.She took the bus there ,and She walked thru and used her d.l. to get back in the US.No harm no foul to her.We were getting ready to file the next step,I believe the 601? We have not done that yet.As far as the notary thing,she is a notary.

So how does the D.L work, she just flash it and they wavied her thru, or do they scan it thru a bar coder which validates that the Dl is a valid ID. Iff the CBP touches her id (Dl) then they know she left and returned. The USG is not that stupid. They may want you to think they are, but they are not.

Edited by LIFE'SJOURNEY

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.