chantislo

Any successful marriages through this process????

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Are there any 15,20 or 30yr old successful marriages through this process on this site? These relationships started in some type of love and ended in deception or pure disaster. I would love to read stories about thriving marriages(not perfect ones) that still have the same focus which is love and family....

Just curious :blush:

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

In general if you have a 15 year old successful marriage there's not much need to be hanging around visajourney.

Plus, I don't thing the website has been around that long. I doubt there's anybody here now, who completed their immigration before the site was launched.

We are far from a record here though, only a little over six years into the marriage.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If you just want to hear stories about a marriage that lasted 15 years after going through the process, I could help you out, However if you're not into deception and flying rice cookers and lies and jealousy, well never mind.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

my husband and I have been together for about 10 years and we are celebrating our 8 year wedding anniversary next month...

I think Visa Journey has only been around for about 9 years or so...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Last month = 9 years since I first met my wife in Singapore. She moved here almost 5 years ago. We've been married 4 years in the eyes of the civil court, and 3 years in the eyes of God via the Catholic Church.... :star:

Each day with my wife is better than the last day, and the last day was absolutely perfect :yes:

The Bishop has been blessed with a real Angel :yes::innocent:

Blessings - VJB

“Acquire the spirit of peace and a thousand souls around you will be saved.” Saint Seraphim of Sarov

jesus-animated-gif-image-0110.gif

“The love of one’s country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?” Pablo Cassals

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

I met my husband about 10 years ago... and we are coming up on our 8th wedding anniversary this year. He's been here in the U.S. since 2005... and thank God we're done with our immigration process :thumbs:

Edited by wife_of_mahmoud

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Each day with my wife is better than the last day, and the last day was absolutely perfect.

Very well said, Rabbi. :star:

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You have to work at marriage but it doesn't have to be work. Get to know each other well before exchanging rings.

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I wanted to thank you all for your responses...its really nice to read something positive coming from people on visajourney. Wow!! I didnt know this site was less than 10yrs old. I understand that marriage takes work and dedication but,it would really be nice to see those thriving in their marriages through this process visit this site just to encourage those that are still in the process or have been deceived through this process. Life is not easy no matter what we're pursuing but people need people. :thumbs:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Life is not easy no matter what we're pursuing but people need people. :thumbs:

Very true. We need each other to navigate through the abrupt twists and turns of life.

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I do think folks in successful long-term marriages aren't generally on here since they no longer have a need to be. That said, I know someone who was on here 7 or so years ago who is in a happy, loving marriage of 17 years (they lived in Canada for a decade before coming to the states).

My wife and I have been together 8 1/2 years and going stronger than ever. Immigration was a huge stress in our life and the uncertainty made it so hard for us to plan for our future (we knew we'd be together, but didn't know where or how). Now that she's a permanent resident, we were finally able to feel really stable and start our family (we now have a 6 month old daughter). Honestly, I think our marriage is stronger because of having to go through immigration - it kind of weeds out many couples who are less committed to each other or relationships that simply can't withstand some of the bigger stresses of life. We don't take each other for granted because there were so many years where we didn't know if we would be torn apart due to immigration (our story is not typical, but let's just say immigration laws were not in our favor). If you let it, this process can bring you closer together. It's a hardship for sure, but then you start your marriage knowing you can get through tough things together.

AOS (from tourist w/overstay)

1/26/10 - NOA

5/04/10 - interview appt - approved

ROC

2/06/12 - NOA date

7/31/12 - card production ordered

N-400

2/08/13 - NOA date

3/05/13 - biometrics appt

6/18/13 - interview - passed!

7/18/13 - oath ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Are there any 15,20 or 30yr old successful marriages through this process on this site? These relationships started in some type of love and ended in deception or pure disaster. I would love to read stories about thriving marriages(not perfect ones) that still have the same focus which is love and family....

Just curious :blush:

How long has the site been around anyway? My wife was in the Soviet Union 20 years ago and we would not have been doing what we did. Not to mention that many people here met their spous on the internet which was more or less not a factor until late 90's earliest.

But hey. going on 4 years and still OK!

I also know of many marriages between US soldiers and foreign women (which was the main source of foreign marriages until a few years ago) Most of them met in relatively "normal ways" while US soldiers were stationed overseas.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla