LvivLovers

5th anniversary

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Well, today is our 5th anniversary and everything is still going smooth as silk. The baby is crawling everyplace and will be walking soon. The wife's petition for her mother got approved about a week ago so we're nearing the end of that whole process too. What's new around the RUB? Any stand out flame wars I should go look up? Been too busy to check last couple weeks.

As far as guns go...finally got out and shot my AR-15....oh man what a blast. Less kick than the Glock and so much more accurate. Don't think I ever missed my target by more than an inch or so with the target as far out as it could go (it's indoor though so it's not that far). Field stripped it for fun and cleaned/lubricated it. Really loving it!

Wife's visa journey:

03/19/07: Initial mailing of I-129F.

07/07/11: U.S. Citizenship approved and Oath Ceremony!

MIL's visa journey:

07/26/11: Initial mailing of I-130.

05/22/12: Interview passed!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congratulations on the 5th anniversary!

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Timeline

Well, today is our 5th anniversary and everything is still going smooth as silk. The baby is crawling everyplace and will be walking soon. The wife's petition for her mother got approved about a week ago so we're nearing the end of that whole process too. What's new around the RUB? Any stand out flame wars I should go look up? Been too busy to check last couple weeks.

As far as guns go...finally got out and shot my AR-15....oh man what a blast. Less kick than the Glock and so much more accurate. Don't think I ever missed my target by more than an inch or so with the target as far out as it could go (it's indoor though so it's not that far). Field stripped it for fun and cleaned/lubricated it. Really loving it!

Congratulations on your family (and shooting!)

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Congrats on both the 5th and the baby! No unusually hot flame wars to speak of, just the regular posters at the regular level of snarkiness. One big happy family :lol:

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Timeline

Congrats!!! ;)

I-129F Sent : 2010-01-16
Visa Approved!!: 2010-04-20
Visa Received: 2010-04-28
POE Chicago: 2010-05-01
Married: 2010-06-30
AOS filed: 2011-01-25
AOS Approved: 2011-03-25

ROC Approved 06-2013

Citizen 09-14

Congratulations on all of your family's accomplishments and changes. It sounds like your life is going great.

How about some pictures of the baby? :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

one post removed, post requoted below without the off topic personal ruminations directed at another member.

Time flies when you're filling out forms! Congrats on 5 years...same number that cancer survivors look to achieve. Guess there's something magical about the number "5." As for the MIL deal, I'll refrain from expressing my feelings. Good luck with that.

Enjoy the baby while you still have a margin of control. When they start walking it's all downhill. I'm sure you'll be a great dad.

As to shooting, you realize part of your fatherly duties is to teach your kids to shoot safely. Which means you need to teach yourself first. So keep up the training...and have fun.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

thread closed pending review.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Additional post has been removed.

Personal attacks are a violation of TOS. The comments contained within the removed posts even though the poster tries to justifiy them as allowable because it is his opinion are still personal attacks. If you have problems with a moderator then you bring your concerns to the attention of administration; you don't take side-swipes at them in the forums.

It is also a false assumption to assume that because a comment isn't actioned that it is condoned by the moderation team. It is far more likely that it has not reached the attention of the moderation team because no one reported it. That still does not make it acceptable.

Further comments of this nature will result in a thread-ban.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Another inappropriate comment has been removed. If you have concerns about a moderator's actions, then don't derail someone else's thread. If you feel it needs discussion, then open up a new topic in the Site Discussion forum. If you have complaints about a moderator then direct them to Administration or request another moderator to review the decision or action.

Any repeat of this discussion in this thread will result in a thread ban.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

Congratulations on all of your family's accomplishments and changes. It sounds like your life is going great.

How about some pictures of the baby? :thumbs:

post-29969-0-92580600-1329633554_thumb.jpg

post-29969-0-50491600-1329633572_thumb.jpg

Congrats on both the 5th and the baby! No unusually hot flame wars to speak of, just the regular posters at the regular level of snarkiness. One big happy family :lol:

Drat! Was hoping for something epic like mcat or one of those UK raids. In any case, I missed that snarkiness! ;)

Wife's visa journey:

MIL's visa journey:

Timeline

Time flies when you're filling out forms! Congrats on 5 years...same number that cancer survivors look to achieve. Guess there's something magical about the number "5." As for the MIL deal, I'll refrain from expressing my feelings. Good luck with that.<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(243, 249, 246); "><br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(243, 249, 246); ">Enjoy the baby while you still have a margin of control. When they start walking it's all downhill. I'm sure you'll be a great dad. <br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(243, 249, 246); "><br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(243, 249, 246); ">As to shooting, you realize part of your fatherly duties is to teach your kids to shoot safely. Which means you need to teach yourself first. So keep up the training...and have fun.

Yeah...should be interesting! =)

As for baby....he's already so independent. I can imagine it's going to be a challenge if he turns out anything like how I was. I was into everything I wasn't supposed to be into.

Definitely will emphasize the safety....just hope the world is still fairly intact by the time he's of age.

Thanks everyone else for all the congrats/good wishes!

Wife's visa journey:

MIL's visa journey:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.