joenlemy

Wife had interview today

22 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

My wife and I just finished our interview. I was with her. together they asked us a few questions and then the CO asked if I minded if she could interviewe us seperately. I agreed..no problem.. They asked her where I lived, what I liked to do. what my favorite vietnam food was, and if I liked the Coffee, and what type I drank. About 10 minutes later my wife motioned for me to join her and they asked me the same questions. Everything matched and she congradulated us. All together we in the consulate 3 hrs.... It was well worth the effort to make the trip for the interview. :dance: :dance: :dance:

Thanks for the support VJ

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats on the successful interview. Best wishes!!!

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

My wife and I just finished our interview. I was with her. together they asked us a few questions and then the CO asked if I minded if she could interviewe us seperately. I agreed..no problem.. They asked her where I lived, what I liked to do. what my favorite vietnam food was, and if I liked the Coffee, and what type I drank. About 10 minutes later my wife motioned for me to join her and they asked me the same questions. Everything matched and she congradulated us. All together we in the consulate 3 hrs.... It was well worth the effort to make the trip for the interview. :dance: :dance: :dance:

Sounds like the old TV newlywed game-show. Congrats!

Timeline

Congratulations!

They asked her what your favorite food was? Assuming that your favorite food was pasta, and your wife answered rice (and you like rice, too, just that it wasn't her answer).

Then when the CO asked you what your favorite food was, you said "pasta." Which contradicts what your wife answered. Would that make it a fail?

I mean... I love food, all kinds of foods, i.e, pasta, rice, chocolates, chicken, beef, you name it (except your weird stuff)!

And if my wife and I were asked the same questions. My wife would certainly know my favorite food is, but when they ask me that same question, I'd say "What? It's food! I love food. Most of them are my favorites."

I think questions like those make it hard for people like me to answer, because it's not specific! Questions like, "what's your favorite TV show?" or "what's your favorite movie?" or "what type of music do you listen to?" Most people would list more than one answers, and it depends on their mood.

reg.ula.tion.me.ooow.2011 // tomcat.fight

to do list:
file i-130, petition for alien relative
get immigrant visa
get ssn card and green card
get employment authorization - not required
file I-751, petition to remove the conditions of residence (before 2nd year expires upon entry)
become a US citizen

Thank you Visajourney!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congratulations!

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

congats!!

To quotes a movie, “So how does it happen, great love? Nobody knows... but what I can tell you is that it happens in the blink of an eye. One Moment you're enjoying your life, and the next you're wondering how you ever lived without them.” I felt I found something with Kieu that is rare in life... true love.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!

K101/17/2012.....I-129F ..... sent to Dallas, Texas

01/25/2012.....NOA1 (text & email) ..... sent to Vermont Service Center

01/28/2012.....NOA1 Hard Copy in Mail

07/31/2012.....NOA2.. 188 days update@USCIS

08/03/2012.....NOA2.. Hard Copy

09/04/2012.....Sent Email to Caracas Embassy for Interview date.. they had not contacted her

09/05/2012.....Embassy response.. with interview date!!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy... APPROVED!!

12/31/2012.....POE.. Miami, arrived to AUSTIN next day smile.png

02/16/2013.....Married!!

AOS - K1

05/06/2013.....I-465 & I-765 sent USPS priority mail

05/14/2013......Email, Text of Receiving package on 5/11

05/16/2013......Hard Copy of NOA1 received: I-465 and _I-765 Application for employment

05/20/2013...... Bio-metric hard-copy.
05/29/2013...... Biometric scheduled. . Austin office

07/15/2013...... EAD card arrived in mail today smile.png

10/20/2013...... Green Card approved! NOA hardcopy received!

10/31/2013...... Green Card Delivered!!

ROC-I-751
07/21/15 90 day Window Opens

07/24/15 I-751 Mailed to Cali. Service Center
09/03/15 Biometeric scheduled and completed

01/26/16 ROC Letter arrived
01/30/16 10 yr Green Card arrived

Timeline

Congratulations!

They asked her what your favorite food was? Assuming that your favorite food was pasta, and your wife answered rice (and you like rice, too, just that it wasn't her answer).

Then when the CO asked you what your favorite food was, you said "pasta." Which contradicts what your wife answered. Would that make it a fail?

I mean... I love food, all kinds of foods, i.e, pasta, rice, chocolates, chicken, beef, you name it (except your weird stuff)!

And if my wife and I were asked the same questions. My wife would certainly know my favorite food is, but when they ask me that same question, I'd say "What? It's food! I love food. Most of them are my favorites."

I think questions like those make it hard for people like me to answer, because it's not specific! Questions like, "what's your favorite TV show?" or "what's your favorite movie?" or "what type of music do you listen to?" Most people would list more than one answers, and it depends on their mood.

That is why one must be prepared for these questions.

Most awesome of news. Many congrats and God bless you both in the future.kicking.gif

Great News Joe! Soon life will get back to normal and she will be home with you forever!

The Buddha said "The more loving the more suffering"

By birth is not one an outcast,

By birth is not one a noble,but

By action is one an outcast,

By action is one a noble.

Buddha.

Timeline

Congratulation! I am so happy for your guys. Well, your wish is coming true at last.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Why did they interviewed you two together?? i thought they only interview one person. how did you get into the interview?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.