jeffreymirasol

My i129F was denied due to a filing issue

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I was denied of my petition just today Feb 15 2012 because the fact that I havent sent the required documents needed but I have only sent the I129F form itself. I should have consulted professional help but this was an honest mistake I made, the status on the website is on decision not "post decision" and the money has already been taken out of my account 3 days after the application was received back in Aug 31 of 2011.Do I on the other hand have time to fix this ASAP to avoid inconvenience ? I have heard of RFE?? by visiting the consul or local office to follow up the papers needed and will take approx 2-3 months? Is it wise to refile or an appeal? This is a Bonafide relationship of almost 1 year when I was in Philippines for vacation and this is only an honest mistake on my part :( I have everything from the checklist now In my possession if ever.PLEASE HELP

would appreciate all the help guys because my heart broke the moment I got the message this morning :crying:

Application Type: I129F , PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Your Case Status: Decision

On February 15, 2012, we mailed you a denial decision notice for this case I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). The notice explains why the denial decision was made and the options that may be available to you. If you have not received this notice within 15 days of February 15, 2012, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for further assistance.

During this step the formal decision (approved/denied) is written and the decision notice is mailed and/or emailed to the applicant/petitioner. You can use our current processing time to gauge when you can expect to receive a final decision.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results

listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current

processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Check Processing Times.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Not reading the Instructions is not a usual mistake!

Missing all the required other documents usually results in the case being sent back at the beginning; if your case made it past the acceptance or NOA1 then something else is causing the denial; you'll have to wait for the paper notice to see what is next.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

There is nothing you can appeal, you did not follow the instructions for submitting the I-129F petition.

Chalk it up as a loss of time, effort and $340.00, but you paid for an education and now you have your head

in the game as a result of this.

Click here for the USCIS website to find the instructions and a downloadable pdf of the I-129F and

read the "Guides" here.

Good luck.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

There is nothing you can appeal, you did not follow the instructions for submitting the I-129F petition.

Chalk it up as a loss of time, effort and $340.00, but you paid for an education and now you have your head

in the game as a result of this.

Click here for the USCIS website to find the instructions and a downloadable pdf of the I-129F and

read the "Guides" here.

Good luck.

well, you messed up.. but follow the links and you will be fine.. you need to read more.. then read more and then read more.

best of luck..

K101/17/2012.....I-129F ..... sent to Dallas, Texas

01/25/2012.....NOA1 (text & email) ..... sent to Vermont Service Center

01/28/2012.....NOA1 Hard Copy in Mail

07/31/2012.....NOA2.. 188 days update@USCIS

08/03/2012.....NOA2.. Hard Copy

09/04/2012.....Sent Email to Caracas Embassy for Interview date.. they had not contacted her

09/05/2012.....Embassy response.. with interview date!!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy... APPROVED!!

12/31/2012.....POE.. Miami, arrived to AUSTIN next day smile.png

02/16/2013.....Married!!

AOS - K1

05/06/2013.....I-465 & I-765 sent USPS priority mail

05/14/2013......Email, Text of Receiving package on 5/11

05/16/2013......Hard Copy of NOA1 received: I-465 and _I-765 Application for employment

05/20/2013...... Bio-metric hard-copy.
05/29/2013...... Biometric scheduled. . Austin office

07/15/2013...... EAD card arrived in mail today smile.png

10/20/2013...... Green Card approved! NOA hardcopy received!

10/31/2013...... Green Card Delivered!!

ROC-I-751
07/21/15 90 day Window Opens

07/24/15 I-751 Mailed to Cali. Service Center
09/03/15 Biometeric scheduled and completed

01/26/16 ROC Letter arrived
01/30/16 10 yr Green Card arrived

Sorry that happened but you learned an important lesson that you must follow the instructions which will benefit you immensely in the long run.

The 129-F petition is just the first baby step, you will need to deal with USCIS and immigration for many years to come.

You will not get an RFE, the decision has already been made, case closed. You may appeal, but it's a waste of money and time. Better just to file a new 129-F.

You don't need professional help, you have come to the right place here at VJ. Read the guides and ask questions in the forum if you are in doubts.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I was denied of my petition just today Feb 15 2012 because the fact that I havent sent the required documents needed but I have only sent the I129F form itself. I should have consulted professional help but this was an honest mistake I made, the status on the website is on decision not "post decision" and the money has already been taken out of my account 3 days after the application was received back in Aug 31 of 2011.Do I on the other hand have time to fix this ASAP to avoid inconvenience ? I have heard of RFE?? by visiting the consul or local office to follow up the papers needed and will take approx 2-3 months? Is it wise to refile or an appeal? This is a Bonafide relationship of almost 1 year when I was in Philippines for vacation and this is only an honest mistake on my part :( I have everything from the checklist now In my possession if ever.PLEASE HELP

would appreciate all the help guys because my heart broke the moment I got the message this morning :crying:

Application Type: I129F , PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Your Case Status: Decision

On February 15, 2012, we mailed you a denial decision notice for this case I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). The notice explains why the denial decision was made and the options that may be available to you. If you have not received this notice within 15 days of February 15, 2012, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for further assistance.

During this step the formal decision (approved/denied) is written and the decision notice is mailed and/or emailed to the applicant/petitioner. You can use our current processing time to gauge when you can expect to receive a final decision.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results

listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current

processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Check Processing Times.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

Read the instructions before you try again. Your case was denied, rather than an RFE, because you failed to present even enough documents to determine a benefit was available

If you have trouble understanding the I-129f instructions then get professional advise.

No reason to cry, you can do it again.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

thank you so much for reply! this has been a lesson to me and my fiance which really disregard the instructions by not reading it carefully.Im still awaiting for the mail letter that goes with the email alert . Should I refile right away or should I wait first on the letter and read whats on it? , and also regarding the biographical info on my fiance that she has to fill up , does she have to have it signed personally and mailed back here to my california address? or her information and online signature should be fine then scanned and emailed to me. Again thank you for all the help

thank you so much for reply! this has been a lesson to me and my fiance which really disregard the instructions by not reading it carefully.Im still awaiting for the mail letter that goes with the email alert . Should I refile right away or should I wait first on the letter and read whats on it? , and also regarding the biographical info on my fiance that she has to fill up , does she have to have it signed personally and mailed back here to my california address? or her information and online signature should be fine then scanned and emailed to me. Again thank you for all the help

Hi

The signature on the I-129F, the G325a and the letter of intent must be original. She has to sign it personally and mail it to you, you cannot scan and email it.

I would also suggest to have it signed in blue ink, so they can clearly see it is original signature.

Best of luck

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Signatures on forms and letters of intent should be original. Read the instructions. Where it says "original" that means original. Where it says COPY that means a COPY is OK.

You will have to wait until 30 days AFTER the date of the denial letter you receive. During that period you can still appeal the decision and the case is not, technically, closed. You cannot have two petitions at one time. The other option is to file right away but send a registered letter to withdraw the first petition and include a copy of the denial letter AND your withdrawl letter with the new petition...BUT

You need to get some more documentation and you need to read and study the guides and forums so you may find 30 days has passed before you are ready to file again anyway.

You can do a forum search and lots of members post what they have included in their petitions and ask other members to read it and make suggestions. Try doing a forum search for members asking for a review of their package, you will see what others are including. Read, study, check, double check, put it all away and look at it again every day for three days...THEN send it.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

My best advice....

1. Slow down, take a breath ... Being in love is emotional, but rushing this process results in mistakes and further delays.

2. Wait for the USCIS letter and read it carefully, maybe draw out some clues on your goofs. (if re-filing after 30 days proceed to #3)

3. Carefully and slowly read all K1 guides on VJ

4. Carefully read all the K1 (129F,G325, etc.) form instructions on the USCIS website

5. Make a check list of everything you will need in the package (there is an example on this website)

6. Fill out a set of practice forms. Double check every block with the instructions. If any doubts about a particular form or item- Come back and post the exact question and quote the form/item#s

7. Fill in the final forms and sign where appropriate, same for your fiancée

8. Go through the checklist, assemble everything, triple check, mail the package with payment

7. Take another breath, and wait for the NOA1 ... Good Job !

8. Start preparing for the next steps down the road, do your research now!

Edited by brian_n_phuong

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

yes. breath...

and when your not breathing.. READ THE instructions.. THEN look at the forms.. Repeat.. several times :)

the forms are overwhelming.. but the every time you look at them you understand it alittle bit more clear AND you start to see the problems people keep posting about in the threads and you understand why :luv:

Edited by skiptex

K101/17/2012.....I-129F ..... sent to Dallas, Texas

01/25/2012.....NOA1 (text & email) ..... sent to Vermont Service Center

01/28/2012.....NOA1 Hard Copy in Mail

07/31/2012.....NOA2.. 188 days update@USCIS

08/03/2012.....NOA2.. Hard Copy

09/04/2012.....Sent Email to Caracas Embassy for Interview date.. they had not contacted her

09/05/2012.....Embassy response.. with interview date!!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy... APPROVED!!

12/31/2012.....POE.. Miami, arrived to AUSTIN next day smile.png

02/16/2013.....Married!!

AOS - K1

05/06/2013.....I-465 & I-765 sent USPS priority mail

05/14/2013......Email, Text of Receiving package on 5/11

05/16/2013......Hard Copy of NOA1 received: I-465 and _I-765 Application for employment

05/20/2013...... Bio-metric hard-copy.
05/29/2013...... Biometric scheduled. . Austin office

07/15/2013...... EAD card arrived in mail today smile.png

10/20/2013...... Green Card approved! NOA hardcopy received!

10/31/2013...... Green Card Delivered!!

ROC-I-751
07/21/15 90 day Window Opens

07/24/15 I-751 Mailed to Cali. Service Center
09/03/15 Biometeric scheduled and completed

01/26/16 ROC Letter arrived
01/30/16 10 yr Green Card arrived

yes. breath...

READ THE instructions.. .. Repeat.. several times :)

Ya, but dont use my step numbering, I repeated the number 7 & 8 and its now too late to edit :crying: Now you know why I suggested practice forms!! Personal experience !!

Edited by brian_n_phuong

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.