dave2012

wife filing false vawa please help

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I NEED EVERYONE TO HELP ME PLEASE

TO MAKE THE STORY SHORT

MY WIFE CAME HERE ON A FIANCEE VISA AND WE GOT MARRIED AND FILED FOR HER GREEN CARD I-485. SHE TOOK OFF LIVING WITH SOME OTHER GUYS, SO I WITHDREW MY

AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT. USCIS THEN MAILED A LETTER HOME SAYING SHE NEEDS TO DEPART THE US WITHIN 30 DAYS, OR SHE CAN FILE FOR A MOTION OF APPEAL WITHIN 30 DAYS, IT HAS BEEN OVER 30 DAYS AND NOW SHES HIRING A LAWYER AND FILE FOR HER GREEN CARD THROUGH FALSE VAWA. HER LAWYER TOLD HER TO GET SIGNATURES FROM HER FRIENDS SAYING THAT THEY SAW ME ABUSED HER INSTEAD OF A POLICE REPORT. I THEN CONTACTED ICE AND TOLD THEM ABOUT IT PLUS THE ADDRESS WHERE SHE LIVES AS ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT SINCE SHE IS ILLEGAL IN THE US. ALL THEY DID WAS TAKE MY REPORT,AND IM NOT SURE IF THAT'S GOING TO DO ANYTHING. I AM SO WORRIED IF THE SIGNATURES FROM HER FRIENDS SAYING THEY SAW ME ABUSED HER ( WHICH I DID NOT). I ALSO UNDERSTAND IN ORDER TO GET APPROVED FOR VAWA, YOU NEED SOLID PROOF OF ABUSE AND ABLE TO WORK TO SUPPORT YOURSELF, SHE CANNOT WORK ANYTHING SINCE THAT LETTER FROM THE USCIS TELLING HER TO DEPART THE US AND THAT SHE CANNOT WORK ANYMORE. WILL SHE ABLE TO PULL THIS THROUGH AND GET APPROVED FOR VAWA? PLEASE HELP ME

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Nobody can help you. Please stop writing in all caps. It is considered shouting and will annoy people. You are the only one to help yourself. I understand your stress. Take a deep breath. Settle down and read, read, read all you can on this subject.

Use google primarially to find information to fight the accusations.

Read this entire page and articles like this.

http://antimisandry.com/false-accusation-victims/vawa-fraud-document-link-detailed-account-my-entire-vawa-fraud-story-37317.html#axzz1m2iNudXd

Don't be concerned if you are innocent of these accusations. The truth will usually prevail.

You can withdraw the affidavit of support?

K-1 Journey

03-03-2011 - Mailed I-129F application.

03-06-2011 - Packet received in Texas.

03-23-2011 - NOA1 received in mail, dated 03-09-2011.

05-31-2011 - RFE requested. They want better passport pictures of me.

06-06-2011 - Additional passport pics sent.

06-08-2011 - Evidence received and acknowledged. Whew!

06-16-2011 - NOA2 received!

07-20-2011 - Packet 3 Received!

08-01-2011 - Packet 3 returned to Embassy.

08-22-2011 - Packet 4 Received!

09-19-2011 - Interview...APPROVED!

09-23-2011 - Visa in Hand

09-29-2011 - POE LAX

11-11-2011 - Wedding at 11:11pm GMT time.

AOS Journey

12-02-2011 - Mailed in AOS/EAD/AP paperwork.

12-05-2011 - Delivery confirmation per USPS.

12-27-2011 - (3) NOA I-797C received, dated 12-20-2011. Biometrics appt set.

01-10-2012 - Biometrics.

01-20-2012 - Notified of interview appointment for 2-21-2012.

01-31-2012 - EAD and AP approved.

02-08-2012 - EAD/AP card received.

02-21-2012 - AOS interview approved. EAD/AP card confiscated.

03-01-2012 - Green Card in hand!!!

364 days total time!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sorry for your choices. Good or Bad. I did not mind if your Statement was in CAPS. I would imagine your hurt as well.

You have One Life. Keep Going..

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

If you successfully were able to withdraw the AOS and she is being directed to leave within 30 day. Failure to leave at this point now falls on her and she has to deal with immigrations. I understand being worried about VAWA alligations, get an initial consultation with a lawyer and see if you would like to pay for representation. An attorney can talk to her lawyer to see what she is doing, unless he/she is willing to talk to you. Ultimately if the VAWA sticks then you have to protect yourself, but if immigration buys on the VAWA and let's her adjust on her own accord not sure how that would play out for her. It seems you would not be responsible for her at this time, you could request a divorce and let her move on with her life and let her deal with immigration.

I would say focus your effort on not being held responsible for her and protecting yourself on the VAWA charge. Let her worry about the immigration peice.

Good luck,

Timeline

I NEED EVERYONE TO HELP ME PLEASE

TO MAKE THE STORY SHORT

MY WIFE CAME HERE ON A FIANCEE VISA AND WE GOT MARRIED AND FILED FOR HER GREEN CARD I-485. SHE TOOK OFF LIVING WITH SOME OTHER GUYS, SO I WITHDREW MY

AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT. USCIS THEN MAILED A LETTER HOME SAYING SHE NEEDS TO DEPART THE US WITHIN 30 DAYS, OR SHE CAN FILE FOR A MOTION OF APPEAL WITHIN 30 DAYS, IT HAS BEEN OVER 30 DAYS AND NOW SHES HIRING A LAWYER AND FILE FOR HER GREEN CARD THROUGH FALSE VAWA. HER LAWYER TOLD HER TO GET SIGNATURES FROM HER FRIENDS SAYING THAT THEY SAW ME ABUSED HER INSTEAD OF A POLICE REPORT. I THEN CONTACTED ICE AND TOLD THEM ABOUT IT PLUS THE ADDRESS WHERE SHE LIVES AS ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT SINCE SHE IS ILLEGAL IN THE US. ALL THEY DID WAS TAKE MY REPORT,AND IM NOT SURE IF THAT'S GOING TO DO ANYTHING. I AM SO WORRIED IF THE SIGNATURES FROM HER FRIENDS SAYING THEY SAW ME ABUSED HER ( WHICH I DID NOT). I ALSO UNDERSTAND IN ORDER TO GET APPROVED FOR VAWA, YOU NEED SOLID PROOF OF ABUSE AND ABLE TO WORK TO SUPPORT YOURSELF, SHE CANNOT WORK ANYTHING SINCE THAT LETTER FROM THE USCIS TELLING HER TO DEPART THE US AND THAT SHE CANNOT WORK ANYMORE. WILL SHE ABLE TO PULL THIS THROUGH AND GET APPROVED FOR VAWA? PLEASE HELP ME

I am sorry for what you are going through.

After reading all the information, it seems to me that its exactly what my ex wife was doing to me.

The only thing that saved me was going to Iraq. Because I was in Iraq, she couldn't accuse me anymore therefore had no choice but to file a divorce.

She slapped two domestic violence against me with the military police and very insistent on getting her green card. Just before I left for Iraq.

Another thing that saved me was she was on a SOFA stamp and only traveled to Germany. She never touched foot in USA.

Wow... reading all that stuff just hit me hard.

USCIS

28 JUL 11 SENT I129F PACKAGE

04 AUG 11 NOA 1 RECEIVED

05 AUG 11 NOA 1 NOTICE DATE

07 AUG 11 CHECK CASHED $340 *OUCH*

14 AUG 11 RECEIVED RETURN RECEIPT FROM USPS

09 DEC 11 RECEIVED NOA 2

19 DEC 11 LETTER FROM NVC STATING THE PETITION WILL BE FORWARDED TO MANILA

127 DAYS BETWEEN NOA 1 & NOA 2.

MANILA EMBASSY

13 JAN 12 RECEIVED PACKET 3 SINGLE LETTER (QUENNY)

27 JAN 12 RECEIVED PACKET 3 COPY TO ME HERE IN STATES

29 JAN 12 SENT MONEY $350 FOR VISA APPLICATION

30 JAN 12 MADE VISA APPOINTMENT

06 FEB 12 SENT PAPERS FOR VISA INTERVIEW (4.2lbs Through DHL, $140)

09 FEB 12 SENT MONEY FOR INTERVIEW & SEMINAR

13 FEB 12 MEDICAL PROCESS DAY 1

14 FEB 12 MEDICAL PROCESS DAY 2

05 MAR 12 VISA INTERVIEW AT MANILA, PHILIPPINES

Filed: Timeline

If you successfully were able to withdraw the AOS and she is being directed to leave within 30 day. Failure to leave at this point now falls on her and she has to deal with immigrations. I understand being worried about VAWA alligations, get an initial consultation with a lawyer and see if you would like to pay for representation. An attorney can talk to her lawyer to see what she is doing, unless he/she is willing to talk to you. Ultimately if the VAWA sticks then you have to protect yourself, but if immigration buys on the VAWA and let's her adjust on her own accord not sure how that would play out for her. It seems you would not be responsible for her at this time, you could request a divorce and let her move on with her life and let her deal with immigration.

I would say focus your effort on not being held responsible for her and protecting yourself on the VAWA charge. Let her worry about the immigration peice.

Good luck,

what do you mean by protecting myself on the vawa charge? if she gets approved for vawa, then i get a vawa charge? i dont get it, can you please explain? a person can still file for vawa even after after that letter the USCIS sent requesting her to depart the US?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

USCIS and Consulates are trained to look for this. But a few leak through the cracks.

When they do, this is what happens.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Yes, they can still file for VAWA. There is no VAWA charge that you will be charged with. VAWA is with USCIS, if she wants you charged with abuse she would have to call the police. Where it might affect you is if you wanted to petition someone else down the line.

You did all you can do. USCIS won't keep you informed about her case. Avoid speaking to her at alone at all costs so she cant spin anything. And then try to move on, because now that you have reported her to USCIS it is up to them to determine if they think her claim has merit and to decide whether or not to issue a green card.

OUR TIMELINE

I am the USC, husband is adjusting from B2.

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS

08.06.2010 - Sent off I-485
08.25.2010 - NOA hard copies received (x4), case status available online: 765, 131, 130.
10.15.2010 - RFE received: need 2 additional photos for AP.
10.18.2010 - RFE response sent certified mail
10.21.2010 - Service request placed for biometrics
10.25.2010 - RFE received per USCIS
10.26.2010 - Text/email received - AP approved!
10.28.2010 - Biometrics appointment received, dated 10/22 - set for 11/19 @ 3:00 PM
11.01.2010 - Successful biometrics walk-in @ 9:45 AM; EAD card sent for production text/email @ 2:47 PM! I-485 case status now available online.
11.04.2010 - Text/Email (2nd) - EAD card sent for production
11.08.2010 - Text/Email (3rd) - EAD approved
11.10.2010 - EAD received
12.11.2010 - Interview letter received - 01.13.11
01.13.2011 - Interview - no decision on the spot
01.24.2011 - Approved! Card production ordered!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

11.02.2012 - Mailed I-751 packet to VSC
11.08.2012 - Checks cashed
11.10.2012 - NOA1 received, dated 11.06.2012
11.17.2012 - Biometrics letter received for 12.05.2012
11.23.2012 - Successful early biometrics walk-in

05.03.2013 - Approved! Card production ordered!

CITIZENSHIP

Filing in November 2013

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Look into getting the marriage annulled ( then there is no marriage effectively ) It gives her less power than a divorce. Get a restraining order based an her actions and theaten to charge her and her friends with slander or whatever the legal term is in your state. Never met her alone or with only her friends and have all communication be made through your lawyer or a third party.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline

Yes, they can still file for VAWA. There is no VAWA charge that you will be charged with. VAWA is with USCIS, if she wants you charged with abuse she would have to call the police. Where it might affect you is if you wanted to petition someone else down the line.

You did all you can do. USCIS won't keep you informed about her case. Avoid speaking to her at alone at all costs so she cant spin anything. And then try to move on, because now that you have reported her to USCIS it is up to them to determine if they think her claim has merit and to decide whether or not to issue a green card.

She can have friends write what they want. You can have your friends write what they want. The fact is there has to be factual evidence of abuse,i.e, police reports, medical evidence, talking to counselors, etc.... Hearsay is never admissable. Below is a link that may ease your mind. Anyone can file things against you. THe questions is do they have real evidence to back it up. Don't worry about her anymore. Move on with your life. Let USCIS deal with her and deport her. ake care.

http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/requirements-checklist-for-vawa-self-petitions

Edited by RickJovi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

You yanked your affidavit of support in time, and you have her on record with USCIS. You're in pretty good shape.

Her friends risk 5 years' imprisonment and a fine of a quarter-million dollars if they lie to the Feds.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Good luck,

No Police report, no medical report, no problem. Anyone would see through this self serving motive. Get a lawyer and move to have the marriage annulled based on fraud.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

what do you mean by protecting myself on the vawa charge? if she gets approved for vawa, then i get a vawa charge? i dont get it, can you please explain? a person can still file for vawa even after after that letter the USCIS sent requesting her to depart the US?

You said she filled a VAWA case which means she is stating you abused her, anyone who has charges or allegations against them protects themselves either through an attorney or by getting supporting documents proving the contrary. I am not sure what that means as far as charges against you hence the advice consult a lawyer. As far as her getting a visa on the VAWA case who knows who will lend an ear to her case but if she does you cannot control that result. The only things you can and should be concerned with is making sure you are not responsible for her and getting past the VAWA allegations.

God bless you, I know you are in a hard situation

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.