homesick_american

Shooting at Amish school?!?!

32 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

umm..

Please don't feel I am mocking a tragedy, but it reminded me of the joke

" What goes clip-clop-clip-clop-BANG-clippety-clop-clippety-clop?

An Amish drive-by shooting"

signature here

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
Reports say the gunman, who was 32, called his wife and said he couldn't take it anymore and was getting revenge for something that happened 20 years ago? 20 years ago? When he was 12? What the hell did the Amish do to him 20 years ago that could possibly justify shooting little girls in the head? My God.

They laughed at him when he suggested to play spin the bottle??

other than that.. I got nuthin

Sad indeed. Stupid crazy fackers everywhere these days :(

James & Sara - Aug 12, 05

Humanity... destined to pass the baton shortly.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

This is crazy this world is really wicked...I never imagined there would be a time where it would be unsafe to go to school.

How can these poor children walk out of their doors with the fear that they may be murdered at school.

This madness really needs to come to an end.....enuff already :ranting:

12/03/2005: Married

10/13/2006: Interview Approved

10/26/2006: POE: EWR (ARRIVED) [/size]

182 days from filing to Visa in Hand!!![/color]

AOS/EAD

01/22/2007: Sent to The Lockbox.....let the games begin.....again

02/02/2007: NOA1's for both....the waiting game officially begins

02/15/2007: Biometrics appt.

04/11/2007: EAD APPROVED!! YI-HAW

04/21/2007: Received SSN#

05/23/2007: AOS Interview -------> APPROOOOOOVED!!!!!!

05/29/2007: Received Welcome letter

06/04/2007: Green Card in Hand!!!

122 Days from filing AOS to Green Card in Hand!!!

REMOVING CONDITIONS

05/21/2009: Filed to Remove Conditions

6/18/2009: Biometrics Done

09/14/2009: Approved!!!

Citizenship

2/15/2011: Filed N-400

3/28/2011: Biometrics <-- Done

5/09/2011: Naturalization Interview <--- APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5/09/2011: Swearing in Ceremony (We're Done)

MY HUSBAND IS NOW A US CITIZEN

Proudmomwife.gifI_love_my_baby_boy.gif

3051_1113026182751_1139795553_30500807_687968_s.jpgZackie.jpgthumb_3051_1113025702739_1139795553_30500806_7039703_s.jpg

What seriously causes all of this craziness in the US??

What is it that motivates and gives people the idea, and right in their mind, to go do something like this?

It's pretty rare considering our population. The media tends to make things look worse.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

What an awful day for the Amish communities.

Makes me wonder if the police officers haste (calling his cell phone after he told them to back off) made the situation worse, or saved hours of hell for the survivors.

So f@@cked up :(

10 year Green Card received, Next step is citizenship urgh!

When you meet the one you want to spend the rest of your life with,

you can't wait for the rest of your life to begin

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
What an awful day for the Amish communities.

Makes me wonder if the police officers haste (calling his cell phone after he told them to back off) made the situation worse, or saved hours of hell for the survivors.

So f@@cked up :(

It is reported that he had hundreds of rounds of ammunition with him. The police rushing in probably saved the lives of those who survived. With that much ammunition, he probably intended to kill all of them, then himself.

20 years is a long time to hold a grudge. Some people just never learn to move on, I guess. It is also reported that he was quiet and kept to himself, and it always seems to surprise people when these guys go off on a shooting rampage when that quietness and reclusion is a sign of anti-social tendencies.

unityjourney.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

You know, I've been hearing about this story all day...and for a minute, I'd like to play the devil's advocate...according to the reports, a woman (or girl) did something to him 20 years ago...now let's just for one minute imagine what could be so heinous that he has had to carry this grudge for that long!! Who knows...Working on my master's in therapy and currently doing internship in the area, it really does amaze (and scare) me about some of the things that I hear and see, and what some children have endured...some are resilient, and after time, are somehow able to move on even if they have not completely healed...but for the others, the damage is too great...and their lives are destroyed...they are literally like the walking dead, unable to live or go on with their lives in any normal fashion...what do we do with these people? How can we as a community help--and break the cycle? Before we all rush to condemn and judge, we must first learn what he has gone through that led him to this point....We hear all the time about how former altar boys murder priests who sexually assaulted them, or victims of abuse striking out at their abusers...but what happens if for some reason or other the victim CAN'T get back at the abuser? In his mind, who most embodies the person that they feel has taken away their life? Just something to think about.....

Now, I am in NO WAY shape, form, or fashion, excusing this man for what he has done...I think taking anyone's life is wrong, and especially a child's. To destroy someone's innocence is the worst possible thing that could be done to ANYBODY...those are often the times that people's views of the world and life change--when people have robbed them of that....I have been Pennsylvania Amish country several times, and I just can't imagine why anyone would do such a thing to these people. I mean, they never bother anybody, and are the most simple people that I've ever come into contact with (not saying this in a bad way). This community is the LAST place that I ever envisioned this kind of thing happening, and yet here we are...I don't know what else we can do in our society....people have gotten away from prayer, the church, any kind of belief for that much...people don't want to talk to one another for fear of upsetting or offending, so people just go about their business and pretend as if nothing is happening...and as long as people continue to do this, then we will continue to have problems...

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

(F)

This is getting ridiculous...every other day in the last week or so there's one of these in the news. So sad for the poor kids and their families...

:((F)

ManU2.jpg

10 year green card received

mid March, 2008. Done 'til Naturalization! WOOT! :)

I read about it on the fox news website and it said there that it didn't appear the the man had anything against the Amish community, that "he apparently picked the school because it was close by, there were girls there, and it had little or no security." The article went on to say that he did this after walking his own children to the bus stop. I really couldn't believe someone could do something like this when they have children of their own. :(

3dflagsdotcom_roman_2faws.gifaheart2.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif

Our CR-1 Timeline

Feb 20, 2010 ~ We will file to remove conditions

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Update....

Gunman said he molested girls long ago

QUARRYVILLE, Pa. - The gunman who killed five girls in an Amish schoolroom confided to his wife during the siege that he molested two relatives 20 years ago when he was boy and was tormented by dreams of doing it again, authorities said Tuesday. Investigators also said that Charles Carl Roberts IV, 32, plotted his takeover of the school for at least a week and that the items he brought -- including flexible plastic ties, eyebolts and lubricating jelly -- suggest he may have been planning to sexually assault the Amish girls before police closed in.

http://news.yahoo.com/fc/US/School_Violence

mvSuprise-hug.gif