jpidgley

AOS Interview Rescheduleing

25 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Hi All,

I was supposed to have my interview today at 9am, but for the last few days ive been getting sicker and sicker, i left off calling to reschedule hoping i would get well enough.

As of this morning i'm still really Ill. i called the number on the appointment notice (before the interview) and one of the handlers put in a request for interview reschedule due to sickness.

After doing that i have now read that this can most of the time lead to denile.

I'm now feeling really frustrated.

What happens if my AOS is denied?

Thanks

Josh.

K1 Visa - 2011

AP & EAD - 2012

Adjustment of Status - 2012

Removal of Conditions - 2014

Naturalization - Pending

1. It won't be denied.

2. To make you feel better, if it is denied, it would be denied without prejudice for failure to show up to appointment. You could refile. You'd lose money, but you wouldn't be deported or something.

3. It won't be denied.

Your wife could go over there and talk to the person doing the appointment if you want. Maybe talking in person would make you feel better and give your IO information. EIther way, you put in a notice for reschedule. It will be fine. Best of luck and feel better!

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

If it is denied you will need to refile. It won't be held against you.

1. It won't be denied.

2. To make you feel better, if it is denied, it would be denied without prejudice for failure to show up to appointment. You could refile. You'd lose money, but you wouldn't be deported or something.

3. It won't be denied.

Your wife could go over there and talk to the person doing the appointment if you want. Maybe talking in person would make you feel better and give your IO information. EIther way, you put in a notice for reschedule. It will be fine. Best of luck and feel better!

It's good to be positive but the OP is right that often they are denied for failure to show up to interview. Hopefully it will be fine but it's always best not to postpone these things when humanly possible.

It's good to be positive but the OP is right that often they are denied for failure to show up to interview. Hopefully it will be fine but it's always best not to postpone these things when humanly possible.

Again, as I said before in another thread... There is a period of time before it is denied, to give the applicants a chance to communicate (months). The OP called to reschedule on the day of his appointment. That event will be noted in his file. Before a decision to deny is made, the person making that decision will look at the file and see that the applicant made an effort to communicate. It won't be denied. There is a system in place for rescheduling appointments, and this system is fair and works.

AOS for my husband

ROC:

Timeline

Again, as I said before in another thread... There is a period of time before it is denied, to give the applicants a chance to communicate (months). The OP called to reschedule on the day of his appointment. That event will be noted in his file. Before a decision to deny is made, the person making that decision will look at the file and see that the applicant made an effort to communicate. It won't be denied. There is a system in place for rescheduling appointments, and this system is fair and works.

If you want to believe that it's fine, but the fact is there are many many examples of this NOT being the case and it's dangerous for you to go around saying it will all be hunky dory.

Here's the deal. They reschedule and don't attend the first interview. They wait for the reschedule notice to come and instead of a reschedule it's a denial for not attending the first interview. There have been cases where USCIS has themselves cancelled appointments and issued a new notice. People ignore the first one to attend the second and they get a denial. This is from the experiences here on VJ which is why we always say:

1. Moving during the process is risky

2. Rescheduling biometrics OR interview is risky

3. If USCIS reschedules, attend the first interview anyway.

In the 3rd case people who've attended the first interview anyway, based on the advice here, the vast majority have arrived and the local office had no idea of the reschedule and they were processed as normal.

I've made my position known. You are entitled to your opinion.

AOS for my husband

ROC:

Timeline

Ok. so if i'm denied. what does that mean?

I'm deported?

K1 Visa - 2011

AP & EAD - 2012

Naturalization - Pending

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm deported?

No it means you have to refile, pay the fees again, get all your papers again and send them off, then wait again!

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

I'm deported?

No you won't be deported. You'll just refile. Honestly you'll probably be fine but there is a risk and that's why I'm making sure you're aware the risk is there, so you're not surprised.

What I would do is continue to follow up the reschedule so they have on file that you've called multiple times looking for the new interview notice. I would call in a week or so just to follow up. The new interview probably won't be for a couple of months... that's another reason people don't reschedule, waiting sucks!

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Timeline

Ok so refiling is a pain, but its 1000X better than having to leave the country to restart. if i have to restart, do you know if my current EAD&AP card is still usable?

Josh

K1 Visa - 2011

AP & EAD - 2012

Naturalization - Pending

Timeline

Ok so refiling is a pain, but its 1000X better than having to leave the country to restart. if i have to restart, do you know if my current EAD&AP card is still usable?

Josh

If your AOS is denied (and again I reiterate it might NOT be but this is just so you're fully informed) then your EAD/AP is void. If you are working you will need to stop working.

Timeline

Ok and what about my social security number and Gov Id and anything else i have only been able to get since the EAD. do they get voided too?

Josh

K1 Visa - 2011

AP & EAD - 2012

Naturalization - Pending

Timeline

Ok and what about my social security number and Gov Id and anything else i have only been able to get since the EAD. do they get voided too?

Josh

Your SSN and ID are still fine. You're just without legal presence.

Timeline

which is what i am now too though right?

K1 Visa - 2011

AP & EAD - 2012

Naturalization - Pending

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Josh,

It appears that you are very sick. Get a doctor's note. That's proof that your claim is true. You have been given the worst case scenario. If anything negative happens, a call to your congressman will fix it. You have proof. Don't go to the doctor after the fact. Ensure that you go before or on the day of the interview.

STANLEY & KAREN
01/15/2009 - Fedex I-130, I-485, I-693, I-864, I-765, G-325A
01/20/2009 - Received in mail-room and signed for by J CHYBA
01/28/2009 - Checks cashed by Homeland Security
02/02/2009 - Received in mail 3 pcs of NOA1 one each for I-485, I-130, I-765 dated 01/28/2009
02/03/2009 - Received email RFE. What did I not send now, whew!
02/09/2009 - Received mails for initial evidence and Biometric appointment (02/19/2009); mailed evidence
02/19/2009 - biometrics done - in a out in 45 minutes
03/14/2009 - Receive NOA2 dated 03/10/2009. AOS interview April 29, 2009
03/18/2009 - Touched. EAD Card production ordered
03/25/2009 - Touched. EAD approval sent
03/27/2009 - EAD card received in the mail; applied for SS# immediately (office is across the street from my home)
04/02/2009 - Received SS# in the mail
04/29/2009 - Interviewed. I- 130 approved, I-485 pending IO's review
05/05/2009 - Received NOA2. Welcome letter for Permanent Residency. I-130 and I-485 approved 04/30/2009
05/08/2009 - Touched. I-485 approval letter sent
05/11/2009 - GC received in the mail. Expires 2019
05/11/2009 - Applied to remove restrictions on my SS Card
05/18/2009 - Received unrestricted SS card

10/13/2009 - My darling husband of 2 yrs 5 months 3 weeks 3 days passed away :(

Naturalization Process (5 Yrs Later) :goofy:

Mar 28, 2014 - Mailed N-400
Apr 08, 2014 - Check cashed
Apr 09, 2014 - Receive Notice letter Priority date April 3, 2014
Apr 11, 2014 - Touched - Email - Biometrics letter mailed
May 08, 2014 - Biometrics done
May 12, 2014 - Touched - Email - In line for interview scheduling
July 12, 2014 - Pre-interview letter (Yellow letter) received in mail
Aug 20, 2014 - Touched - Email - Interview scheduled
Aug 25, 2014 - Interview scheduled for Sept. 24, 2014
Sept 24, 2014 - Passed interview
Oct 06, 2014 - Touched - Email - In oath scheduling que
Oct 08, 2014 - Touched - Text - Oath ceremony scheduled
Oct 14, 2014 - Received letter - Oath ceremony Oct 28, 2014
Oct 28, 2014 - I AM A US CITIZEN! :joy: :joy: :joy:
Nov 12, 2014 - Updated my status from permanent resident to citizen at Social Security
Nov 14, 2014 - Applied for US passport
Nov 29, 2014 - Received US passport book
Dec 01, 2014 - Received Passport card
Dec 04, 2014 - Received Naturalization Certificate

--------------------
KayCee

Ccut.jpg.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.