DoneWaiting

I-751 February 2012 Filers

833 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Guys, do you think it's OK to take my 4 years old daughter to the biometric appointment with me?

What does it say on the biometric letter? Does it say that people who aren't having biometrics allow to go with you?

I believe I saw something where it said that due to space available non immigrating people were not allowed in unless for translation.

I'd call or check at your local immigration office you are having your biometrics done at to be sure.

I noticed when I was reminding my husband about his biometric appointment that the date for it is exactly 1 year to the date of his arrival to America. Hmmmm wondered if they planned that?:innocent:

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. " – Herm Albright

POE: JFK New York: 04/18/2010
Receive Green Card in mail: 06/03/2010
Received SSN: 06/17/2010
Received NEW SS CARD: 07/20/2010
(to match GC!)
Got JOB!!: 09/27/2010
Got a better JOB!!: 11/20/2010

ROC Mailed: 02/16/2012
Check cashed: 02/24/2012
NOA received dated for: 02/22/2012
Biometrics dated:
04/18/2012
RFE:
10/23/2012
RFE Response Confirmed: 11/16/2012
Interview at Orlando office: 02/13/2013

2nd RFE!!: 10/03/13

2nd RFE Response: 10/09/2013

Update Biometrics: 10/13/2013 NEVER GOT 10 yr card!

N-400 mailed: 01/21/2014

Biometrics (N-400): 02/21/2014

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

USJANY - The last time we did Bio I went with my husband (I'm the USC). I had to remain seated in the "lobby" when his name was called for the actual biometrics. I couldn't help but giggling at him when he was getting his fingerprints and photo taken.

AOS (from VWP)Application Removal of Conditions Timeline Naturalization Timeline
12/28/2009 Sent I-130,I-485,I-765 02/25/2012 Sent out I-751 via USPS to VSC 01/15/2013 Sent out N-400 via USPS to Dallas, TX
03/24/2010 AOS Interview APPROVED!!! 10/24/2012 RFE 04/03/2013 Naturalization Interview - Passed!
04/05/2010 Greencard arrived!! 01/03/2013 Approved! Card production ordered! 05/15/2013 Oath Ceremony - Kyle is a US Citizen!

***Detailed time line in my About Me page***

What does it say on the biometric letter? Does it say that people who aren't having biometrics allow to go with you?

I believe I saw something where it said that due to space available non immigrating people were not allowed in unless for translation.

I'd call or check at your local immigration office you are having your biometrics done at to be sure.

I noticed when I was reminding my husband about his biometric appointment that the date for it is exactly 1 year to the date of his arrival to America. Hmmmm wondered if they planned that?:innocent:

Yes, you are right.It says on the bottom of the letter that due to limited seating availability in our lobby area, only persons who are necessary to assist you with transportation or completing the biometrics worksheet SHOULD accompany you.

But I have been there before and the lobby is pretty big.I was also wonder if it's different for a kid.The problem is that is over an hour of drive from my town and my husband can't take off from work.in early afternoon. I would have to find someone to watch her for almost 4 hours.

I was just wonder if anybody has any experience with it.WHat are they gonna do?Not let me in,because I have a kid with me?

USJANY - The last time we did Bio I went with my husband (I'm the USC). I had to remain seated in the "lobby" when his name was called for the actual biometrics. I couldn't help but giggling at him when he was getting his fingerprints and photo taken.

It's all little comical ;)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

When I went to my bio appointment, the place was empty.

I live in north Indiana and my bio appointment location was Michigan city. The place is huge and yet both times I have

been there it is empty with 3 members of staff and one of those was the security dude.

Although they say to be prompt we forgot the timezone change so was actually 1.5 hours early ;) when we got in there (wife tagged along too) there was one woman ahead of us, who had a couple of toddlers with her (about the age of your little one ) and the staff let her keep them with her while doing the photo, fingerprinting etc.

No issues. It is a 10 minute In and out..

Point to note I joked with the woman who was processing me and asked "does this place ever get busy"? and she said that because people are in and out so quickly it always appears to be empty. (to be honest I think she was happy to do something).

I don't think there would be a problem. :)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

When I went to my bio appointment, the place was empty.

I live in north Indiana and my bio appointment location was Michigan city. The place is huge and yet both times I have

been there it is empty with 3 members of staff and one of those was the security dude.

Although they say to be prompt we forgot the timezone change so was actually 1.5 hours early ;) when we got in there (wife tagged along too) there was one woman ahead of us, who had a couple of toddlers with her (about the age of your little one ) and the staff let her keep them with her while doing the photo, fingerprinting etc.

No issues. It is a 10 minute In and out..

Point to note I joked with the woman who was processing me and asked "does this place ever get busy"? and she said that because people are in and out so quickly it always appears to be empty. (to be honest I think she was happy to do something).

I don't think there would be a problem. :)

My wife's AOS biometrics were basically the same story, only in the Washington DC office (which is actually located in Virginia). I think there was one other person in the office. This is noteworthy because, I assume unlike Indiana, Washington DC actually has a huge immigrant population: over 10% of the people living here are immigrants. Yet it was still a big empty space. They let me come with my wife and watch her go through the whole process. I'm sure they wouldn't have booted her if she had to bring her kid. That being said, of course, I have no way of telling you what will happen to you.

My wife's AOS biometrics were basically the same story, only in the Washington DC office (which is actually located in Virginia). I think there was one other person in the office. This is noteworthy because, I assume unlike Indiana, Washington DC actually has a huge immigrant population: over 10% of the people living here are immigrants. Yet it was still a big empty space. They let me come with my wife and watch her go through the whole process. I'm sure they wouldn't have booted her if she had to bring her kid. That being said, of course, I have no way of telling you what will happen to you.

Thanks everybody.

I am leaning towards taking her with me.But I might try to call there first

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi everyone:

I am new here to visa journey websit. However, I feel it really nice web forum to share everyone's experience and learn about each others mistakes.

I married to my wife in 2010 we knew each other back home and we went to high school togather. She is a USC who laws born and raised in the same country as mine.

I came here to the US on a student visa but we both started talking again and she came here and we got married. Everything between us was great and same till now. I love her and she loves me I am sure. We both filed for the AOS and the I-130 and everything went by very nice and smooth including our AOS interview.

This year I filed for my ROC on February 4th of 2012. However, a small incident had occurred on February 6th. We got into an argument and we went to a coffee house to talk it out. She was really upset and left the coffee house that we were in. A few bourse later two cops came to our apartment saying that my wife said that I pushed her twice. I really havenot done that. But she said that because she wanted me to say away for a bit but she did not know that they will instantly arrest me. N I am saying this because it is such a huge pain on my chest that I have not thought that I will be put in such a situation that has never ever happened to me. Any way I stayed there overnight and was able to get out on a bail. After that my wife came to me and she apologized for what she did and she got me a lawyer that said since I have no prior record and my wife has no intension of pressing charging against me I will get the court to dismiss the case and the record will be expunged.

The thing is I still love my wife so much and she does too. I am sure she did not mean anything to harm its just her mom affect and she got me a regular criminal lawyer. Hate to say that. But this is the fact.

Now when I sent my I-751 I had lots and lots of evidence ( health insurance, auto, joint car, joint lease, bank statements, credit cards, alot). Without even knowing that all that would happen.

I will have my court date at the end of August. But I know that California service center has quite faster processing timeline. And we are also going to vacation in July.

So thinking with me guys what do u think I might do??!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

I guess the waiting game just started for us huh? She did her fingerprint on 4/2, nothing since, no touch, nothing. USCIS still showing last activity on 2/24, when the NOA1 was issued. Is VSC that slow now?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

CSC is the same for me, nothing since the NOA date. I'm sure we will get there eventually. I was looking at the January group, a couple look like they have already had interviews, but they were saying that they expect it to take another 4 months for VSC and 7 for CSC before they start hearing things, which would put us at 5 months and 3 months respectively until we might hear something if the times are the same.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

CSC is the same for me, nothing since the NOA date. I'm sure we will get there eventually. I was looking at the January group, a couple look like they have already had interviews, but they were saying that they expect it to take another 4 months for VSC and 7 for CSC before they start hearing things, which would put us at 5 months and 3 months respectively until we might hear something if the times are the same.

At this rate I think she will get her citizenship and a green card at the same time...

I was looking back too and saw it took 4-6 months to get their green card since the NOA date.

I am going back home in 2 months ( for 3 moths) I know I can use the NOA letter and the old Green card,but still- would have been nice to have it.I know now that won't happen.

I just hope there will be no interview.I will be out of the country :unsure:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

We are one of the couples that had an interview, but we were given no indication of whether or not we were approved. After nearly 5 weeks, we have received no updates.

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

hi :)

sorry for late

i think i'm the last one :) so, can you add me here :) please

VJName.............Date of I-751.....NOA1 Date......Biometrics......Approved...

w&s----------------2012-02-27------- 2012-02-29---- 2012-04-04-----......

thank's :) and good luck for every one

California service center

Edited by w&s

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We are one of the couples that had an interview, but we were given no indication of whether or not we were approved. After nearly 5 weeks, we have received no updates.

Oh I remember you from AOS :D That sucks that you've still not heard anything back, I hope it doesnt take too long of you guys being in limbo (though 5 weeks would feels like eternity to me!)

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.