Waves

January I-129F filers

5,858 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Yeah.....that January 12th petition? That was us:(

Guys...why!? Why would we be denied?? What reasons could you be? We have no criminal records, nothing. The journey is over for us now. I cannot wait any longer. We must be together. I am gonna get everything in order to move to him and marry him there. Does anybody have any advice? I'm in shock. Complete shock. 6.5 months and a denial. I don't understand!

If I live with him there, can I apply for a marriage visa for the U.S. in like a year? I am certain I am going there. That's the only way. I pray no one else gets denied. What an unbelievable, horrible nightmare this year has been.

I am so sorry. Did your fiance ever over-stay a visa here? I would move too! That is freakin crazy. The people who decide these things surely have never been apart from the one they love. I could just cry for you. So so sorry.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Guys...why!? Why would we be denied?? What reasons could you be? We have no criminal records, nothing. The journey is over for us now. I cannot wait any longer. We must be together. I am gonna get everything in order to move to him and marry him there. Does anybody have any advice? I'm in shock. Complete shock. 6.5 months and a denial. I don't understand!

If I live with him there, can I apply for a marriage visa for the U.S. in like a year? I am certain I am going there. That's the only way. I pray no one else gets denied. What an unbelievable, horrible nightmare this year has been.

I am so sorry to hear that! I know you will work it somehow, that's what you have each other for, hang in there!!!

01/23/2012 - delivered to Lewisville
01/26/2012 - NOA1 text & email
08/07/2012 - NOA2 text & email (the happiest day of my life!)
08/11/2012 - NOA2 hard copy
08/16/2012 - received at NVC
08/20/2012 - left NVC
08/23/2012 - received at the US Embassy in Moscow
08/30/2012 - received a letter with instructions
10/30/2012 - interview - APPROVED!
02/20/2013 - POE Washington DC - planned but not done

08/28/2013 - visa renewed

10/27/2013 - POE NYC

12/06/2013 - married!

12/24/2013 - filed for AOS

Omg I am SO SO SORRY :(

K1 PROCESS
1/14/12 - I-129f sent to Dallas, TX, 1/18/12 - received by VSC
1/20/12 - NOA 1
7/19/12 - NOA 2 - YES AFTER 183 DAYS!!!
7/27/12 - NVC received
8/02/12 - Consulate received
8/23/12 - Medical exam appt
9/06/12 - Interview @ 9am - Approved! smile.png
9/28/12 - POE - Vienna - London - Philly

Wedding - 10/6/12 @ 1:30pm ET

AOS
10/20/12 - AOS sent to Chicago lockbox
10/26/12 - NOA1s for all 3 forms
11/28/12 - Biometrics appointment
12/29/12 - EAD & AP approved
01/08/13 - EAD combo card received

06/28/13 - AOS approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hey there, well i got my first response the day after I emailed the office and was in communication with his personal assistant since that, sometimes she replies right away, sometimes takes longer, the last time I asked she didnt get back with me for 5 days, so i wrote a very long letter let me quote it: "...I just don't understand how this could be happening at USCIS that they are taking over 6 months with the petition that should receive some action within 5 months. I paid for their service and don't receive any, I'm a regular tax payer also, but still my government does not want to return a favor..." and thats just a part of it!

She got back with me within an hour with the earlier mentioned reply...

Having seen two denials I dont even know what to think of right now...

Me either...I'm very worried. This past month has been a nightmare. I guess I'll just get my affairs in order so that no matter what happens the separation will be over for me. I just don't know what to expect anymore. If they're issuing arbitrary denials now then god help us all...I wonder how much is background checks and how much is slowness. I guess at least they are still reporting January 16th as the processing date so technically there's some kind of backlog..But this turn of events really bothers me...and it will be even harder to sleep at night now....

1/13/12 - I-129F Petition Submitted to Dallas Lockbox

1/18/12 - Received at Vermont Service Center

1/20/12 - NOA1

1/24/12 - Touched

2/09/12 - Touched

8/02/12 - NOA2 (197 Days After Received at VSC)

8/14/12 - Received at NVC (Assigned Case Number)

8/16/12 - Departed from NVC

8/20/12 - Arrived in US Embassy Kiev

8/28/12 - Information Received from Embassy via mail

9/12/12 - Interview (Approved)

9/19/12 - Visa Received via Elin Ltd. (FedEx)

10/05/12 - POE

Timeline

He never over stayed, no. Every reason I can think of for a denial, we don't have or didn't do! I don't know what it could be! I never got an RFE, but we were expecting one, because I never found this site til May, so I didn't realize a couple of the papers I should have sent. I knew they'd ask for those. But that wouldn't be a reason to be denied, I know this because as soon as I realized I forgot those things, I called USCIS and was ASSURED they we wouldn't be denied for that, just RFE'd.

I have a great job here, a leased car....he is just getting started back home after working here last year, so we won't have much there. But it's a hell of a lot easier to get into Ireland than it is the U.S. I can't believe that's what has to happen now....but I'd do anything to be with him. No question.

Timeline

He never over stayed, no. Every reason I can think of for a denial, we don't have or didn't do! I don't know what it could be! I never got an RFE, but we were expecting one, because I never found this site til May, so I didn't realize a couple of the papers I should have sent. I knew they'd ask for those. But that wouldn't be a reason to be denied, I know this because as soon as I realized I forgot those things, I called USCIS and was ASSURED they we wouldn't be denied for that, just RFE'd.

I have a great job here, a leased car....he is just getting started back home after working here last year, so we won't have much there. But it's a hell of a lot easier to get into Ireland than it is the U.S. I can't believe that's what has to happen now....but I'd do anything to be with him. No question.

:( :( If it's not too personal, what things were you missing exactly? I honestly want to ask the attorney I used about what they've seen the past 25 years doing this...it just seems so arbitrary and cruel...It would be interesting to see if they've ever heard of such a thing...

Edited by Paul86

1/20/12 - NOA1

1/24/12 - Touched

2/09/12 - Touched

10/05/12 - POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

It's bad news especially after waiting all that time. I would think of it as a change in direction, not a loss.

Just life. Maybe you will really enjoy life living with him. Who knows you might not come back to USA.

I have been preparing myself from day 1 to go live with my Fiancee if this K1 stuff doesn't work out.

I call it my ultimate Plan B. Its pretty detailed and made me feel great knowing that no matter what we would be together.

You can do a K3. But wait until you find out why it was denied first...

1/20/2012 - NOA1

7/20/2012 - NOA2 @ 6:50PM EST + 182 Days

7/27/2012 - NVC sent to Embassy

7/30/2013 - NVC Called (603) 334-0700 - Case number received & date sent to embassy received.

7/30/2012 - DHL Waybill Located - Description: US DIPLOMATIC PAPERS

---------------- DHL Arrived at Sort Facility HONG KONG - HONG KONG

7/31/2012 - DHL Delivered US DIPLOMATIC PAPERS to Thailand

Timeline

Yes you are so right. I had it in my head too as a Plan B, but really didn't expect it to happen! It is just a change of course for our lives, unexpected, but that's life right?! I'm feeling a lot of things, shocked is still the most prevalent feeling. Literally have researched and read moving there is as easy as we get married, present our passports and marriage license at the immigration office, and i walk out with a residency permit and the freedom to work, no work permit needed. WTH!!!! Why is that so easy!! And look at all of us over here....slowly dying just to be reunited with our partners in the U.S..... ridiculous.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Omg, I am so sorry :crying: We were also a January 12 petition :(

o2Ljp2.png

11 Jan 2012 ... I-129F sent

12 Jan 2012 ... Received at USCIS

13 Jan 2012 ... NOA1

17 Jan 2012 ... Touched

20 Jan 2012 ... NOA1 Hardcopy

26 Jun 2012 ... NOA2 [165 Days]

29 Jun 2012 ... NOA2 Hardcopy

05 Jul 2012 ... Forwarded to Frankfurt

10 Jul 2012 ... Medical

18 Jul 2012 ... Pack 3 received & sent back to Frankfurt

25 Jul 2012 ... Pack 4

16 Aug 2012 ... Interview | Approved :)

23 Aug 2012 ... Visa in Mail

14 Sep 2012 ... POE Newark

Timeline

It's bad news especially after waiting all that time. I would think of it as a change in direction, not a loss.

Just life. Maybe you will really enjoy life living with him. Who knows you might not come back to USA.

I have been preparing myself from day 1 to go live with my Fiancee if this K1 stuff doesn't work out.

I call it my ultimate Plan B. Its pretty detailed and made me feel great knowing that no matter what we would be together.

You can do a K3. But wait until you find out why it was denied first...

Same thing with me O&M. I have always had Plan B ready too. I couldn't let so much power remain in the hands of people who do not know or care about me..Just a number and a file...I'm certainly moving the idea from the theoretical to a very possible option now...there have been quite a few more denials than usual lately...And this most recent situation proves that you have absolutely no guarantee that something like this won't happen.

1/20/12 - NOA1

1/24/12 - Touched

2/09/12 - Touched

10/05/12 - POE

Timeline

Me either...I'm very worried. This past month has been a nightmare. I guess I'll just get my affairs in order so that no matter what happens the separation will be over for me. I just don't know what to expect anymore. If they're issuing arbitrary denials now then god help us all...I wonder how much is background checks and how much is slowness. I guess at least they are still reporting January 16th as the processing date so technically there's some kind of backlog..But this turn of events really bothers me...and it will be even harder to sleep at night now....

So if the K1 doesnt work out you're moving to Ukraine? Ive been thinking the same thing, out country is ridiculous for all that is happening to us all who is stuck right now!

Well I got the first response about the background checks on June 29, and it seems like it's been there for a while...

Neither of us has any criminal past! So idk what they've been checking for so long!

The only thing I can think of is that my fiancée tried to apply for a tourist visa with an invitation from my family last summer but was too scared to mention that we had a relationship and she got denied. But they couldnt be checking that for months...

08/20/2012 - left NVC

10/27/2013 - POE NYC

12/06/2013 - married!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kuwait
Timeline

I'm very sorry to hear this. My heart goes out to you. (L)

K-1 to Citizenship - 6 year immigration journey: January 2012 to January 2018

Timeline

So if the K1 doesnt work out you're moving to Ukraine? Ive been thinking the same thing, out country is ridiculous for all that is happening to us all who is stuck right now!

Well I got the first response about the background checks on June 29, and it seems like it's been there for a while...

Neither of us has any criminal past! So idk what they've been checking for so long!

The only thing I can think of is that my fiancée tried to apply for a tourist visa with an invitation from my family last summer but was too scared to mention that we had a relationship and she got denied. But they couldnt be checking that for months...

Yes. I could do some work remotely (medical writing). and maybe even pick up a job teaching English (I speak some Russian). Who knows? Maybe I'd never come back ha...If I will marry her there, they wouldn't make me leave. Yes. that has been a very long time for a background check (and the check is mainly on the petitioner at this point) The consulates handle the beneficiary....I think maybe it was a stalling mechanism to just get the office of their backs as they were beginning the big slow down. This denial has really put things in perspective. And I feel very bad for RachAl. We're all like a family here and everyone is in shock..After almost 7 months, she's denied...for no reason at all!

1/20/12 - NOA1

1/24/12 - Touched

2/09/12 - Touched

10/05/12 - POE

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

i see a void for jan 19 petitions and im like #######, whats really happening. and if you take a good look at the stats, its barely half that has been approved. the other half is either untouched or RFE pending USCIS action...................so i would want to find out, whats going on??? am i not gonna be with my fiancee before the year end???

AOS

10/16/2012 Mailed I-485, I-765, I-131
10/19/2012 NOA1
11/09/2012 Biometrics Apt @ 3pm
12/25/2012 EAD/AP Approval
01/05/2013 Received EAD/AP in mail

06/20/2013 AOS APPROVED!!!!!

LIFTING OF CONDITIONS

3/23/15 Mailed I-751

3/25/15 NOA1

3/28/15 NOA1 Received in the Mail

4/28/15 Biometrics Apt.

11/13/15 ROC Approved

11/18/15 Approval Letter Received

Timeline

Yes. I could do some work remotely (medical writing). and maybe even pick up a job teaching English (I speak some Russian). Who knows? Maybe I'd never come back ha...If I will marry her there, they wouldn't make me leave. Yes. that has been a very long time for a background check (and the check is mainly on the petitioner at this point) The consulates handle the beneficiary....I think maybe it was a stalling mechanism to just get the office of their backs as they were beginning the big slow down. This denial has really put things in perspective. And I feel very bad for RachAl. We're all like a family here and everyone is in shock..After almost 7 months, she's denied...for no reason at all!

The same thing, plan B becomes more and more real

I feel so freaking bad for RachAl!!! I do not understand how this could possibly happen... So unbelievable

There is only hope and faith left for us at the point, and I want to say THANK YOU to the big VJ family we have here, without you guys I would have already lost my mind!!!

08/20/2012 - left NVC

10/27/2013 - POE NYC

12/06/2013 - married!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.