60 posts in this topic

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bahamas
Timeline
Maggots....just the looking at the word makes me heave..... :dead: you can imagine my horror when I discovered my son had put a tub of them in my fridge for a fishing trip and didn't secure the lid!!! I found them everywhere and in the milk.............<shudder>

omigosh my skin is crawling just thinking about it.... i would probably shove the fridge outside and burn it! ewwwwwwwww

i hate maggots, roaches, mice, roadkill... bees & wasps just because i hate being stung...

and bones... if someone is talking about breaking bones or something like that, it makes me really uncomfortable. like my own bones start to ache.

and puke... if i hear or see it, i will be sick too.

worst of all is public bathrooms... unless the place is clean, dry and odor-free, i will probably be sick. i usually avoid them like the plague (except for ikea, their bathrooms are always nice). :blush:

Adjustment of Status

July 1 2006 - Sent EAD & AOS packet

Sept 19 2006 - EAD APPROVED

Sept 22 2006 - AOS APPROVED

Sept 23 2006 - EAD card arrived

Sept 29 2006 - GC arrived!!!

Removal of Conditions

Jul 9 2008 - Filed @ VSC

Feb 25 2009 - Transferred to CSC

June 20 2009 - Card production ordered

NATURALIZATION

Aug 24 2009 - Mailed N-400 priority mail

Aug 26 2009 - rec'd at TX Lockbox

Aug 27 2009 - NOA1 (rec'd 8/31)

Aug 28 2009 - check cashed

Sept 4 2009 - biometrics notice [rec'd Sept 9]

Sept 25 2009 - Biometrics

Oct 17 2009 - Email about file transfer for interview

Oct 21 2009 - Interview Letter Rec'd

Dec 8 2009 - Interview - PASSED!!!!!!

Dec 19 2009 - Oath Letter rec'd

Jan 14 2010 - OATH CEREMONY!!!!

Jan 15 2010 - Passport app.

Jan 21 2010 - Nat. cert. returned

Jan 22 2010 - Passport rec'd

Roaches freak me out, too.

I just had this conversation with my daughter yesterday. I think compared to other things, the fear of roaches is an irrational fear. So we tried to figure out why we were so scared of roaches. Her first answer was what many of you said: they're fast. Upon further discussion she said that the big cockroaches "have a darkness in them" (and she put her fingers on her head like antennae) , they sense the fear, and fly right at you. From my experience, it seems so true. uuuggghhhh.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
cockroaches/palmetto bugs freak me out. And in Florida we have plenty of them.

We also have a lot of lizards and spiders, but both do not bother me as much as seeing a gross roach. Lizards are cute. :P And they EAT roaches. So do spiders. :thumbs:

Lizards eat roaches? :o They are my new best friends...I'm going to let them roam in my house as long as they want. :D

I just had this conversation with my daughter yesterday. I think compared to other things, the fear of roaches is an irrational fear. So we tried to figure out why we were so scared of roaches. Her first answer was what many of you said: they're fast. Upon further discussion she said that the big cockroaches "have a darkness in them" (and she put her fingers on her head like antennae) , they sense the fear, and fly right at you. From my experience, it seems so true. uuuggghhhh.

:o f#ckin little chopf#cks! .....grrrrrrrrrr

When I was young, I shared a big room with 2 of my older brothers who said they watched a roach crawl in and out of my open mouth while I slept. And I know on more than one occasion of yawning and then hearing the crunching sound of something the was on my back molars. It was a great motivator to get me to brush my teeth thoroughly before bedtime...althought those little f#ckers will even be attracted to the scent of toothpaste.

We also have a lot of lizards and spiders, but both do not bother me as much as seeing a gross roach. Lizards are cute. :P And they EAT roaches. So do spiders. :thumbs:

Lizards eat roaches? :o They are my new best friends...I'm going to let them roam in my house as long as they want. :D

When I was young, I shared a big room with 2 of my older brothers who said they watched a roach crawl in and out of my open mouth while I slept. And I know on more than one occasion of yawning and then hearing the crunching sound of something the was on my back molars. It was a great motivator to get me to brush my teeth thoroughly before bedtime...althought those little f#ckers will even be attracted to the scent of toothpaste.

Oh sweet Jesus! :o

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Oh sweet Jesus! :o

Yeah...I felt violated by a roach.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

No laughing now but Kiwi Fruit.....Aarrrggghhh even the thought of one makes me shudder! I have to give them a wide berth in supermarkets 4_6_100.gif

.png

Our Second Anniversary

I want to succeed in America where, unlike Britain, they do not regard ambition as being the same as eating babies.

The National Rifle Association says that, "Guns don't kill people, people do," but I think the gun helps, you know? I just think just standing there going, "Bang!" That's not going to kill too many people, is it? You'd have to have a really dodgy heart to have that happen.

There's a huge hole in the whole Flood drama, because anything that could float or swim got away scot-free, and it was the idea to wipe out everything, He didn't say, "I will kill everything, except the floating ones and the swimming ones, who will get out due to a loophole."

Eddie Izzard

eddieizzard.jpgizzard.jpgizz.jpg115422114991504.gif

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
No laughing now but Kiwi Fruit.....Aarrrggghhh even the thought of one makes me shudder! I have to give them a wide berth in supermarkets 4_6_100.gif

So that guy who was afraid of peaches on the Maury Povich show wasn't acting after all...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

2 phobias - spiders; I used to go paralyzed and shake and literally be unable tomove seeing one although I have considerably improved. And the thought of accidental fire. I have to double check all of the eletrical connections, computer boxes, burners on the stove, and the lights whenever I leave the house or before going to sleep because I have this irrational fear that a fire is going to start from something I could have prevented. I have actually turned around and driven back to the house to double check again because I just couldn't remember securely enough that I had checked something or not. Interestingly enough, though, I have no actual fear of fire itself.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

June Bugs because they fly all slow and I had one hit me in the head once

and POTATO bugs, ACK!! I found one in my closet, it was huge and it completely creeped me out. I shiver just thinking about them....

Married 12-30-05

Started our visa journey Jan 06.

01-06 - I-130, K3 shortly after

04-06 - switched to Canada Immigration

07-06 - Moved to Canada (PR almost complete)

07-06 - Changed again, back to US imm.

09-06 - Landed as Canadian PR

10-06 - DCF Toronto, Approved in 1.5 hrs!

11-06 - Interview Montreal (success!)

I-130

10-05-06 DCF in Toronto - Approved

10-19-06 Packet 3 received & sent back

10-20-06 Montreal receives P3

11-03-06 Packet 4 received

11-06-06 Medical

11-22-06 Interview / Visa approved

11-26-06 heading home, 6 day drive, my oh my

HOME SWEET HOME

10.24.08 - Mailed I-751 to CSC

Delivered at 9:03 AM on October 25, 2008

10.29.08 NOA1

10.30.08 Check cashed

12.06.08 Biometrics Appt.

12.19.08 Received new Drivers License extended to 2011

03.12.09 Received CONGRATULATIONS letter - Card on the way!!

03.20.09 Received his SHINY new card. WOO HOOOOOOO

YAY!! We can take a break from this madness until Citizenship.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

All kinds of insects, especially roaches ! I couldn't stand butterflies and moths too (when they fly towards me !).

Me- Indonesia & hubby - US

married in Vancouver, Canada

USCIS-free for 10 years !

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

SNAKES!!!!!!! Especially when I see them moving. *shudders* Joel will tell you how terrified I am. It's a phobia I know, and I'm sure some will say it's ridiculous but I just can't help it. My heart races and I shake all over. If I see one move I am literally terrified to the point where I cry. *sigh* I do wish I could do something about it too, it's rather embarrasing at times. :blush:

Edited by KarenCee

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Drunk Drivers

K-1 Adventure

9/04 - 2/06

Met in Peru, Engaged, Successful I-129F, K-1 interview and Married

AOS / EAD / AP and Remove Condition

3/06/06 - AOS/EAD/AP process begins

3/31/06 - AOS/EAD/AP package Fed Ex'd to Chicago

4/03/06 - AOS/EAD/AP package signed & received

4/10/06 - NOA1's received for AOS, EAD and AP via U.S. Mail

4/11/06 - All 3 checks cashed / $745.00 poorer but worth every penny

4/27/06 - Receive Biometrics appointment letter scheduled for 5/11/06

5/11/06 - Biometrics completed

6/02/06 - Receive notice that AOS only has been transferred to California to speed things along

6/07/06 - E-mail that AOS received in California

6/13/06 - Welcome letter mailed by California... yeah baby

6/17/06 - Official welcome letter received and card will arrive within 3 weeks

6/19/06 - Card arrived in the mail.......

3/08/07 - Trip back to Peru for 10 days and our Religous Wedding

3/2007 - We're Pregnant

12/19/07 - Sebastien Joshua born 8:29am 7lbs 2oz 19.5"

3/14/08 - I-751 Removing Condition is in the mail

3/20/08 - Checked cashed

3/17/08 - I-751 Package signed and received

3/24/08 - Case moved to Vermont

4/17/08 - Biometrics completed

4/21/08 - Touched...........

6/16/08 - Touched once again........

11/3/08 - Touched again.. this is begining to feel good

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

This reminded me of when my young son's two Ball Pythons got loose in the house. I have a very old house (1912) and when the weather turns cold, the mice move inside where it's warm. They've been doing this longer than I've been alive, and you're aren't going to stop them now! But, during the 8 months the pythons were loose in the house (yes, it took us 8 months to find them . . . it's a big house!), there was not a single mouse to be seen or heard . . .

October 1, 2005 . . . . Evelyn and I met online

March 8, 2006 . . . . Traveled to Phils for first face-2-face . . . Oh, my god! . . . Wow!!!

March 21, 2006 . . . . I-129F Packet Sent

March 30, 2006 . . . . NOA1 Received

May 25, 2006 . . . . Traveled to Phils for Evelyn's June 1st Bday

June 1, 2006 . . . . Application transferred from Lincoln, NE to California

July 5, 2006 . . . . IMBRA-RFE Request Received

July 6, 2006 . . . . IMBRA-RFE Information Sent

July 13, 2006 . . . . IMBRA-RFE Information Received Ack from USCIS

September 11, 2006 . . . . Email from USCIS - CASE APPROVED !!!!!!

September 15, 2006 . . . . Third trip to Phils . . . dragged kicking and screaming to my flight home

September 16, 2006 . . . . NOA2 Received !!!

October 16 . . . . NVC received packet

October 17 . . . NVC forwards packet to Manila

October 23 . . . Manila receives Visa packet

SNAKES!!!!!!! Especially when I see them moving. *shudders* Joel will tell you how terrified I am. It's a phobia I know, and I'm sure some will say it's ridiculous but I just can't help it. My heart races and I shake all over. If I see one move I am literally terrified to the point where I cry. *sigh* I do wish I could do something about it too, it's rather embarrasing at times. :blush:

So I assume you didn't want to see Snakes on a Plane?

(did anyone?)

:P

Married 12-30-05

Started our visa journey Jan 06.

01-06 - I-130, K3 shortly after

04-06 - switched to Canada Immigration

07-06 - Moved to Canada (PR almost complete)

07-06 - Changed again, back to US imm.

09-06 - Landed as Canadian PR

10-06 - DCF Toronto, Approved in 1.5 hrs!

11-06 - Interview Montreal (success!)

I-130

10-05-06 DCF in Toronto - Approved

10-19-06 Packet 3 received & sent back

10-20-06 Montreal receives P3

11-03-06 Packet 4 received

11-06-06 Medical

11-22-06 Interview / Visa approved

11-26-06 heading home, 6 day drive, my oh my

HOME SWEET HOME

10.24.08 - Mailed I-751 to CSC

Delivered at 9:03 AM on October 25, 2008

10.29.08 NOA1

10.30.08 Check cashed

12.06.08 Biometrics Appt.

12.19.08 Received new Drivers License extended to 2011

03.12.09 Received CONGRATULATIONS letter - Card on the way!!

03.20.09 Received his SHINY new card. WOO HOOOOOOO

YAY!! We can take a break from this madness until Citizenship.