jo&john

What makes you FREAK-OUT?

60 posts in this topic

Lizards!

- Just the sight of them makes me so nervous...even with small lizards...i don't want the cold skin and sticky body touch me....one lizard falling from the ceiling, will send me scampering...I have requested from John not to have lizards in our home when I get there... he has to ensure that the whole place is free of lizards...i hope it will be a lizard-free home :whistle:

Jo :D

04/22/06:I-129F -TSC
04/25/06:I-129F -CSC;NOA1(Rcvd Date)
05/01/06:NOA1(Notice Date)
06/23/06:Email fr CSC-IMBRA RFE
06/30/06:IMBRA RFE mail)
07/05/06:I-RFE reply
07/17/06:USCIS rcvd I-RFE reply
08/30/06:NOA2 Approved!
09/05/06:NOA2(mail)
09/26/06:Email fr NVC-to Emb;case #:MNL2006764XXX
10/06/06:VISA APPT:*ANY WORKDAY 0700AM*daughter age-ing out
10/16-17:St. Luke's Medical Ext Clinic
10/18/06:Emb Intrvw APPROVED!
10/25/06:VISAS(K1&K2s)delivered;CFO for stickers
11/08/06:To the U.S.!
11/14/06:WEDDING!
11/22/06:Applied SSN(married name)
11/15/06:INFOPASS appt (for 3):AOS-DORA
11/27/06:Applied AOS w/ 2daughters;got accepted;interviewed same day(D1)
12/09/06:Received by mail 3 NOA1s
12/15/06:SSN print-out picked up
12/18/06:SS card&Biometrics appt notices in mail(D22)
12/26/06:Biometrics at ASC,USCIS Dallas-North(D30)
01/26/07:Email:Notice mailed 1/25 welcoming the new PR(K1&K2-9y/o)(D61)
01/31/07:Welcome letters(mail)(D66)
02/01/07:Card production ordered 1/30(D67)
02/05/07:Email:Approval notice sent 2/04(D71)
02/06/07:GC's in the mail! (D72)
12/11/08:Sent application for removal of conditions (I-751)
12/19/08:Received by mail receipt notice
12/30/08:Received by mail biometrics appointment for Jo and receipt notice for daughter
01/05/09:Received by mail biometrics appointment of daughter
01/13/09:Biometrics appointment of Jo and daughter
06/17/09:Email:Card production ordered
06/30/09:Email:Approval notice sent
07/06/09:Ten-year GC's in the mail!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I can't stand roaches....rrrrrrrrrrr....the way they dart about really fast, sometimes right towards me! ARRRRRRRR...they're dirty, nasty, disgusting critters. :(

Maggots....just the looking at the word makes me heave..... :dead: you can imagine my horror when I discovered my son had put a tub of them in my fridge for a fishing trip and didn't secure the lid!!! I found them everywhere and in the milk.............<shudder>

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
I can't stand roaches....rrrrrrrrrrr....the way they dart about really fast, sometimes right towards me! ARRRRRRRR...they're dirty, nasty, disgusting critters. :(

I am with you... I see one and I get paralized...really really freaks me out

brazilCq14.gifLiszy & Kenny usaCa.gif

----~~~-----

12/26/06 Sent AOS to Chicago

04/16/07 Green Card approved w/o interview !! YYYAAAYY

----~~~-----

03/16/2009 - I-751 sent to VSC

03/17/2009 - VSC received

03/18/2009 - NOA 1

03/20/2009 - Check cashed

03/23/2009 - NOA 1 in mail

04/01/2009 - Biometrics letter

04/14/2009 - Biometrics

04/15/2009 - Touched

04/16/2009 - I guess I can lay down and sleep now ?

07/16/2009 - 3 months later...... nothing... oh well

07/21/2009 - Card production ordered w/o interview again :) !! woohooo

07/22/2009 - Touched

07/30/2009 - Card is here !

----~~~-----

01/23/2019 - I-90 sent online

01/28/2019 - Notice of receipt in the mail

02/01/2019 - Biometrics notice in the mail

02/15/2019 - Biometrics

02/21/2019 - Card being produced

02/23/2019 - Card received!!

Timeline
Maggots....just the looking at the word makes me heave..... :dead: you can imagine my horror when I discovered my son had put a tub of them in my fridge for a fishing trip and didn't secure the lid!!! I found them everywhere and in the milk.............<shudder>

They are disgusting...but I know they are used medically... I found this story... hopefully this will never happen to you. :P

Pam Mitchell knew the maggots were working when her foot started bleeding.

Four years ago, a small cut on Mitchell's left heel turned into an diabetes-related infection two inches wide and down to the bone. Another wound developed in her right foot, owing to dry, cracked skin. Doctors tried everything—creams, antibiotics—but nothing worked.

"My doctor told me to give it up, see a psychologist, and have my foot amputated," she recalls.

Mitchell, now 52, had to make a decision soon because the powerful antibiotic that doctors prescribed for her infection was also wreaking havoc on her bones. Mitchell was preparing to undergo a dangerous bone marrow transplant when a friend remembered watching a TV show about European doctors using maggots to treat wounds like Mitchell's. With nothing to lose, she tried it.

Mitchell found a dermatologist willing to perform the procedure, and soon had 600 live maggots wriggling inside the wound on her left foot, 400 in her right, where they were sealed in gauze and left for two days.

Grudging acceptance

When it came time to remove the maggots, Mitchell's doctor was more than a little repulsed. "He had never dealt with them before and he said it was like watching a Wes Craven movie," Mitchell remembers. He was also impressed, because the maggot treatment seemed to be working.

Over the course of 10 such treatments, wounds that months of expensive procedures could not mend began to heal.

Today, Mitchell walks normally and both wounds are completely healed. She is now a member of the board for the Biotherapeutics Education and Research Foundation, a non-profit organization that promotes the medical use of maggots.

"They didn't just save my feet, they saved my life," Mitchell told LiveScience. "They're better than anything man can come up with because I've tried everything."

A growing number of doctors are starting to agree. Maggots are useful because they help remove dead tissue and expose healthy tissue, a process called debridement. Maggot debridement therapy was popular in the early part of the last century but went out of vogue when antibiotic use became widespread.

But maggots are now making a comeback, and they are increasingly being used to treat ulcers, gangrene, skin cancer, and burns. Research also suggests maggots may help decrease the risks of infections after surgery.

http://www.livescience.com/humanbiology/050419_maggots.html

Edited by Steven_and_Jinky

yeh....that is too gross...I spoke to a lady who actually had that treatment last year on a leg ulcer.....yuk!!! :lol:

Timeline
yeh....that is too gross...I spoke to a lady who actually had that treatment last year on a leg ulcer.....yuk!!! :lol:

I think I'd do it if it meant saving my foot or leg, but just like with needles, I'd turn and look the other way. :P

None of the above...

but wind spooks me.

Woke in the middle of the night to a threat of a tornado inthe area about 9 years ago. My ex and I had a plan... we knew who was responsible for which child. I went to grab my daughter from her bed, bed clothes and all, when a tree landed outside on the porch roof which was right outside her window. Scraped the window and crashed just as I was picking her up. It was the scariest moment of my life and I've never liked wind since.

With all of the creatures mentioned so far, you have some degree of 'control'. You are at the mercy of the wind and whatever it brings during a storm.

Jen

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

i freak out when my children are sick the slightest illness and i panic and i dont know why but i deal with it.

I129

june 26 NOA 1

july 6 touched

july 11 touched

august 4 back to brazil

august 12 home again

august 28 wondering if this will ever end

sep. 12 touch

sep.13 touched again (RFE Coming IMBRA)

sep. 14 touch

sep. 19 got rfe

sep.25 CSC recieves rfe

sep 28 touch

oct 2 touched again come on baby give it to me!!!!!

oct 3 NOA 2 MAILED 10/2

oct.6 recieved noa 2 by mail

oct.16 nvc recieved

nov.15 nvc mails to rio

dec.5 rio finally gets our papers

dec.5 sent package sedex

dec.6 consulate signs for package

interview 1/11/07 woohoo!!!!!!

1/18/07 got the visa woooooooooooooooo hoooooooooooooooooooooo

US entry 1/22/07

Filed: Other Timeline

jelly fish :P and squids :P I can't even look at them on television. A woman at work has a jelly fish picture on her desktop, I don't even like that! They're yucky and creepy and freaky. I've had panic attacks when we go to the beach if I see a jelly fish. One time the entire beach was covered in them. I thought I would die.

Squid is very tasty tho breaded and deep fried ;) I can eat it if it no longer looks like a squid, but one time I had a squid lookin' calamari on my plate, and I nearly barfed. bleah.

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

In order . . . heights, needles, the dentist, my x.

October 1, 2005 . . . . Evelyn and I met online

March 8, 2006 . . . . Traveled to Phils for first face-2-face . . . Oh, my god! . . . Wow!!!

March 21, 2006 . . . . I-129F Packet Sent

March 30, 2006 . . . . NOA1 Received

May 25, 2006 . . . . Traveled to Phils for Evelyn's June 1st Bday

June 1, 2006 . . . . Application transferred from Lincoln, NE to California

July 5, 2006 . . . . IMBRA-RFE Request Received

July 6, 2006 . . . . IMBRA-RFE Information Sent

July 13, 2006 . . . . IMBRA-RFE Information Received Ack from USCIS

September 11, 2006 . . . . Email from USCIS - CASE APPROVED !!!!!!

September 15, 2006 . . . . Third trip to Phils . . . dragged kicking and screaming to my flight home

September 16, 2006 . . . . NOA2 Received !!!

October 16 . . . . NVC received packet

October 17 . . . NVC forwards packet to Manila

October 23 . . . Manila receives Visa packet