49 posts in this topic

Congratulations

Ange

Here we go again !

Lifting conditions

Oct 14th 08 ..... Mailed the I-751. Back in the system we go

Oct 18th 08 ..... NOA receipt date

Oct 20th 08 ..... Check has been cashed, waiting on the NOA1 and Biometrics appointment now.

Oct 24th 08 ..... NOA arrives in post.

Nov 13th 08 ..... Receive date for Bio-metrics in Atlanta.

Nov 28th 08 ..... Bio-metrics appointment.

Feb 18th 09 ..... Date of decision to remove conditions on permanent residency.

Feb 23rd 09 ..... Received notification on approval ( via snail mail ). Green card on order.

Feb 26th 09 ..... Card production ordered. Pleas wait 30 days ( as per case status on USCIS home page ).

Mar 7th 09 ....... My 10 yr green card arrives.

Apr 22nd 09 ..... Sons 10 yr green card finally arrives( after a nudge at VSC from the USCIS helpline)

Going to take a little break from the immigration stuff.

31e3d60.jpg.png

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many congrats! Over the months I have been trying to keep up with you and how things were going. It's wonderful to know you're approved!

Thank you, I truly appreciate that. It has seemed like forever since I filed the K-1 but actually was only a year ago yesterday, the 22nd, when I put it in the mail. I was really surprised to have the email from the USCIS this afternoon. I was thinking it was going to be a few more months. It has only been a month since the case arrived at CSC so I am thankful for their quick attention.

This place has been home to me for over a year and a half now and I know I could have never accomplished what has occurred without the support of this site and even more importantly, the support of the members here. I remember the early days when I was trying to figure things out and some of the senior members stepped right up and really gave me a hand up. I have tried to do the same in sharing what I have learned. I am sure I have, at times, published incorrect information but never did so intentionally and would hope that I have been able to make others' journey a less stressful one by sharing what I have learned. I sincerely pray that I never offended anyone and please accept my heart-felt apology if I did.

I hope that everyone here will keep the spirit of this site going as was intended by its founder. I must thank Steve for his insight in coming up with visa journey, it has touched and changed my life forever.

God bless and keep each and everyone of you. And that's the way it was!

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Oh yey! That's awesome :star: I'd have more than just one cold one btw ;)

3dflags_fin0001-0001a.gifSanna and Daniel's journey3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

December 13, 2007 - I-751 submitted to NSC (removing of conditions fun begins...)

December 22 - Received a rejection notice because the form was not "properly signed". Package itself was not returned.

January 1, 2008 - Received packet back from CSC. They are requesting we resubmit the packet (which is already organized by CSC) with a properly signed form.

January 2 - Packet resubmitted to California.

January 12 - NOA1 received (dated 01/07/2008)

January 19 - Biometrics appointment notice received (dated 01/15/2008)

February 1 - Biometrics

March 11 - Approved! Card production ordered (notified via e-mail).

March 20, 2008 - New card arrived in the mail :)

Done until 2018 :)

For more details including K1 and AOS journies check out "Our story" in my profile =)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Great post Jim...........Congrats :D

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Congrats to Claudeth and Jim, absolutely wonderful news,...Best wishes to you both! :thumbs:

Jodee

"When a man is educated, an individual is educated; when a woman is educated, a family and a country are educated."

— Mahatma Gandhi

The timeline... (Frankfurt) for the kids visas

10/22/2007 Filed I-130 x 2 in person + paid 710 USD (355 each )

10/22/2007 Filed DS-230 part 1 x 2

10/22/2007 Received the document checklist and FRN (case) numbers

12/18/2007 I-130 petition approved, but I didn't know. I was away at the time, didn't get confirmation letters til I got back from the states.

12/20/2007 Notice of Approval arrives in tha mail. According to the date received stamp on back of envelope at my post box.

Will now wait til hubby is back from Iraq to fax in checklist readiness, even though, I have been ready since day of lodging I-130's. all except medical.

02/18/2008 Faxed the "checklist" back to the consulate.

02/25/2008 Medicals completed.

02/25/2008 Appt letters in mail for appt on March 7th. Cant go due to prior military commitments. Emailed consulate and received an amended appt date of March 12th 2008.

03/12/2008 Visa interview - APPROVED x 2

03/27/2008 Visa's finally generated. I emailed the consulate. they apologised for the delay. They forgot to issue the visas after approval.

03/31/2008 Received visas

04/26/2008 Flying out of Frankfurt to next duty station on orders.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

congrats jim, so lucky no interview!!!

Chrissy UK (Yorkshire) John USA (Minnesota)

20/July/05 Married in Las Vegas!!

AOS approved April 12th 2006!!

4/01/08 mailed I-751 to Nebraska

4/3/08 package arrives at Nebraska

4/11/08 check cashed

4/14/08 recieved NOA extension letter

4/26/08 recieved biometrics appointment letter plus it looks like our case has been forwarded to California!

5/02/08 Biometrics scheduled

5/02/08 Biometrics completed in 10 mins!

Woo Hoo....8/28/08 Recieved 10yr Greencard in mail, no approved email!! We are done!!!

.png

.png

That was fast! Congrats to you and Claudeth--she must be so excited. :)

Abby (U.S.) and Ewen (Scotland): We laughed. We cried. Our witness didn't speak English. Happily married (finally), 27 December 2006.

Latest news: Green card received 16 April 2007. USCIS-free until 3 January 2009! Eligible to naturalize 3 April 2010.

Click on the "timeline" link at the left to view our timeline. And don't forget to update yours!

The London Interviews Thread: Wait times, interview dates, and chitchat for all visa types

The London Waivers Thread: For I-601 or I-212 applicants in London (UK, Ireland, and Scandinavia)

The London Graduates Thread: Moving stateside, AOS, and OT for London applicants and petitioners

all the mud in this town, all the dirt in this world

none of it sticks on you, you shake it off

'cause you're better than that, and you don't need it

there's nothing wrong with you

--Neil Finn

On second thought, let us not go to Camelot. 'Tis a silly place.

--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

WOW!!

Good on you!

Kind Regards,

Liam and Lynn

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"The Future is no place to place your better days" Matthews

Liam and Lynn's timeline:

Met September 4, 2001.

Mailed I 129F to CIS Texas Service Center on 8 Feb.

February 11, 05 Received by TSC.

February 22, 05 Forwarded to CSC.

March 7 Received notification of approval via email!

6 May 05-interview date of 15 June in London.

17 August 2005, Liam arrived in Florida.

1 NOVEMBER 2005-WEDDING!!!!!!

SEE OUR TIMELINE FOR THE REMAINING INFORMATION!!!!!

Great news!

Annie UK

2004 Awaiting my divorce

Decree nisi 29th July YAYYYYYYYYYY

15th Dec DIVORCED AT LAST!!!!

Dec 23 decree arrives, I-129F sent to Nebraska!!!

Dec 27 NOA1

Feb 16 2005 NOA2 (51 days)

May 17 INTERVIEW 9am!!!! (day 141) Approved

May 30 Arrived POE Chicago (flight delayed!!)

June 13 applied for SSN

June 30 Wedding on beach at sunset awwwww

AOS 2005

July 11 Sent off AOS/AP/EAD to Chicago

Sep 1 I485 transferred to CSC

Sep 15 EAD and AP approved (59 days)

Nov 25 Green card and Welcome letter arrive in mail (no interview) 130 days

Removing Conditions 2007

Aug 15 I-751 sent to Nebraska

Sep 14 NOA1 rec'd, transferred to CSC again

Sep 21 rec'd bios appt for 9/28/07

Jan 26 2008 Approved. 10 Yr card received 1/28/08.

Naturalization 2008

Sep 8 N-400 sent to Nebraska

Sep 11 Priority date

Oct 7 Biometrics

July 10 2009 - Interview, approved!

Aug 20 Oath ceremony

:dance: Congratulations! :dance: And thank you for all of the advice and support you've provided here on the boards. Now you can relax for while!!! Until the lifting of conditional status.... *sigh* they can't make it easy for us, can they? Edited by CarpetFuzz

11/11/2005 -- Chris Arrived in US on K-1 Visa

11/21/2005 -- Married in Vegas!

12/05/2005 -- Mailed AOS/EAD

04/05/2006 -- AOS Interview and Bio (issued at the interview)

06/10/2006 -- Welcome letter arrives

06/23/2006 -- Green Card Arrives

Lifting Conditions

03/10/2008 -- Mailed I-751 Packet to USCIS

03/14/2008 -- NOA Arrives!! (also check is cashed)

04/07/2008 -- Bio Appt Letter Arrives!

04/17/2008 -- Bio Appt

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.