jg449

Left US before green card

57 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

There are lots of universities in the US

For the course I am doing I can't get a transfer, and is a post graduate in US. It would be very difficult for me to start all over again.

You can't leave the UK for a few days to return back to the US and show them that you don't want to abandon your status due to studies? Oh gimme a break. Of course you can, it just doesn't sound like it's important enough for you to keep your residency. At least that's how it sounds to me :whistle:

That is not the problem, if I go there I need more than just a few days if you include processing time etc. That's why I want to go after term ends and deal with everything properly. Also I just thought if I keep going in and out it's going to look bad. While if I don't go until July and I say because of school that would be more genuine than coming in during the school year (before stamp expires) staying a week and then coming in again afterwards in summer and saying I had school again? It could raise suspicion. That's how I feel.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

If that is how you feel, fair enough.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Sounds to me like you need to decide which is more important to you--1) the GC and LPR status in the USA or 2) finishing your studies in the UK. I think you have already decided that the studies are more importan. So finish them up AND then worry about how you are going to get back into the USA--if that is what you want to do. As people have pointed out, but you seem to be missing the point, is that there are consequences to staying outside the USA for long periods of time and it sounds like you are approaching the loss of your LPR status--whether you have the GC in your hand or not.

So again you need to determine which is more important to you, make your decision and live with it.

Good luck on the path you choose.

Dave

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

There are lots of universities in the US

Unfortunately they are not free....I am assuming from what all is going on OP applied for GC based on their father or oter family base.

In meanwhile being a UK citizen he is using the free schooling from UK... so he is looking for life in US and free schooling from UK.

Sounds to me like you need to decide which is more important to you--1) the GC and LPR status in the USA or 2) finishing your studies in the UK. I think you have already decided that the studies are more importan. So finish them up AND then worry about how you are going to get back into the USA--if that is what you want to do. As people have pointed out, but you seem to be missing the point, is that there are consequences to staying outside the USA for long periods of time and it sounds like you are approaching the loss of your LPR status--whether you have the GC in your hand or not.

So again you need to determine which is more important to you, make your decision and live with it.

Good luck on the path you choose.

Dave

Yes I agree I am going to have to make a decision and think about it carefully. Thank you for your help

Unfortunately they are not free....I am assuming from what all is going on OP applied for GC based on their father or oter family base.

In meanwhile being a UK citizen he is using the free schooling from UK... so he is looking for life in US and free schooling from UK.

Schooling is not free in the UK, I pay to go to university. Money is not the issue here, if I apply to University in the US I have to restart from scratch, and the chance of getting admission is low, so I may have no career. There are many factors, money is somewhat of the lower. I found that comment quite offensive, please do not judge me.

Edited by jg449

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

what news from the phone call? did you get an ISO, or not?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

I called them yesterday, they asked me my postcode and name etc before even speaking to me so I didn't ask for an ISO (I forgot). However they said that I should receive a letter from USCIS office with information on the status of my card. So for now I'm going to wait and see what that that says.

Timeline

so, you've yet to do anything i've mentioned.

Yer Stuck, unable to get to an ISO.

Get an ISO today.

Thanks in advance !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Any news from that phone call into USCIS, talking with an ISO ?

• 1 year later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.