CarolineM

Strange Names...

87 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Anyone hear what Scott Mills is doing on Radio 1? It's hilarious....he's going thru an American phone book or summat & picking out names that sound funny & calling the people to hear them say it.

One was taken off the air and not repeated....it was Harry Minge :lol: no shiznit :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Netherlands
Timeline
the shitthead one is an urban legend :) being a teacher I've heard them all.

Eheh, my bad then. I'm one of those people that general believes things they are told by their teachers unless the teacher prooves to be an untrustworthy source. Oh well, chalk one up to teachers lying to students.

My fiancee's name is pretty bad. Especially the way his dad says it's supposed to be pronounced. Of course, this means nothing if you don't speak english but... his name is said like this: 'Hairy Cordweiner' spelled differently of course.

Our K-1 Visa/AOS/RoC timeline can be found here.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

http://www.notwithoutmyhandbag.com/babynames/index.html

She does a hilarious skewering of insane people on a baby name board who want to come up with original names for their kids. My favorite was "Scatman".

Edited by hockeygal

04/13/06 - I-129F mailed

04/18/06 - NOA1

08/30/06 - NOA2

09/26/06 - received at NVC

09/27/06 - forwarded to consulate

20/11/06 - visa in my pocket!

14/01/07 - POE

13/04/07 - marriage

27/04/07 docs sent in for AOS, EAD, AP

26/06/07 - biometrics appointment

02/17/07 - AP and EAD arrive

03/03/08 - Infopass - where the heck is my AOS interview?? No one knows!

Filed: Timeline

I have a colleague who used to work for the company that scored the college entrance tests some years back. My gosh, some of the names were hysterical. I can't remember them all, but I distinctly remember one applicant's first name was Enema, and then another was Queen Victoria, and then of course there were always a few named after historical figues, like George Washington.

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Let's see off the top of my head...

####### Tips (he's a well-known high-society type in my city)

Nakul Bol (sounds like "knuckle ball")

Tina Fortuna (made me think of "tea for two")

Velma Mogul (just makes me laugh)

and... an Arab computer geek actually named Dweeb al-Dweeb :lol:

I know there's some more... thinking....

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

HEHE this is fun..

Daughters good friend .. Autum Leibes

Girl in daughters class in Hawaii .. ABCDE pronounced.. AB sa dee

Friend from my high school Karen "D" Best

keep em comminggggg :dance::dance:

Love isn't love unless it is expressed;

caring isn't caring unless the other person knows;

sharing isn't sharing unless the other person is included

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

I volunteered for a local campaign and addressed an envelope to Fannie Moon.

I went to high school with a Christopher Christopher.

These names, however, aren't nearly as funny as some others posted on this thread!

ONE DAY AT A TIME....

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

12/30/2008: Overnighted I-751 package to VSC

01/06/2009: Check cashed

01/06/2009: NOA (arrived 01/09/09)

01/23/2009: Biometrics appt letter received

01/31/2009: Biometrics scheduled

05/20/2009: APPROVED

06/23/2009: 10 Year Green Card arrived