CarolineM

Strange Names...

87 posts in this topic

Quentin Cumberpatch......a guy at school :lol:

21/12/2005 arrive in time for Christmas with my baby !!

18/02/2006 We are married in Coeur D'Alene !!

16/05/2006 AOS and EAD sent off to the windy city. ( day 1)

27/05/2006 NOA's received...woo hoo !! ( day 12 )

09/06/2006 Appointment letter for biometrics arrives ( day 25 )

30/06/2006 Biometrics 11am at Spokane ( day 46 )

22/07/2006 Appointment letter for AOS interview arrives (day 68 )

04/08/2006 Without any warning.....EAD card arrives in the post !! ( day 81 )

24/08/2006 AOS interview at 7.30 am ( day 101 )

24/08/2006 APPROVED !!!

28/08/2006 Welcome to America letter arrives...gee thanks guys !! ( day 105 )

02/09/2006 Green card arrives ...woo hoo !! ( day 110 ) We can relax until 2008 :)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I had a friend in high school whose Mom was a hippie and named her kids accordingly. They were a great family, just had names to become accustomed to...

The girls:

Daleth (pronounced dal-eh-th)

Tzaddi (pronounced zah-dee)

Allehyria (prnounced al-ear-ee-ah)

The boy:

Brenden

I think by the time the boy was born (youngest), they either ran out of weird or decided not to make him a target at school...

:lol:

Electricity is really just organized lightning.

Filed: Timeline

It's not so much the name is odd, but at work I run across people from India and they only have one name.

I find it a bit odd to go through life with only one name. It's not like the person is famous like Prince or Oprah that everyone would know who you were talking about if the name is used.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

King Phuoc, he was a new kid at school from Vietnam.

Sept 10 I-129F sent to TSC

Interview - February 13th APPROVED! day 152

April 6 - wedding date day 204

Aug 22 - AOS interview date day 101-total days 342

Sept 29 - green card arrives, done until June 2008 day 140-total days 381

June 30 - I-751 mailed total days 1025

March 9 - Removal of Conditions approved! total days 1277

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Oh, and I worked in the Dean's Office in college, so I know for certain that we had a student named Scotty Scott. And two John Johnsons.

A friend of mine's grandfather was named Richard Richardson.

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

When I worked for MCI Worldcom Long Distance customer service I was working the Escalation Gate, meaning when you ask for a supervisor you just get transfered to reps that have been there longer and are allowed to argue with the customers. anyway... I get a call and the rep transfering the call tells me that the lady was so angry that she immediatley wanted to speak with a superviser, she wouldn't give a phone number or anything, just wanted a superviser. So I take the call, and usually the reps stay on the line on mute and listen in on the call, they weren't suposed to but hey, what can you do.

So I talk with the customer and she tells me that she hasn't been in this country very long and she wanted to know why is it that every time she called here people laughed at her, and that it hurt her feelings that maybe people were laughing at her accent. I get her to calm down and give me her number and to verify her name and address...

(xxx)xxx-xxxx

Phat Ho :blink:

address, city zip...

I had my self on mute and I giggled a little and I heard the rep from somewhere on the call floor laughing her ### off. :lol:

oh man that day was great. :thumbs:

I remember reading the comments on her account and other's talking about "Opened call 3 times and released as there was no Phat Ho on my line."

Edited by kisschick1976

Life long Texan, living in Hull, UK. How did this happen?

11 January - We met online and became friends

4 February - Became a couple

17 March - I went to Hull to meet the guy

20 March - First "I love you"

25 March - I go home :(

16 November - He comes to visit me in Texas

25 November - he leaves back home :(

14 December - ENGAGED! <3

1 March- I fly off to see my babe in Hull

4 April - I go home :(

9 October - He comes back to Texas!!!!

13 October - WEDDING!!!

22 October - He goes back to England and I continue to wait for my settlement visa.

13 December 2007 - Move to England

Now the wait begins, I will become a citizen then we will DFC back to the US.

the-british-are-comming-small.jpg965-smaller.jpg

Our slide show .......... Our page on TheKnot.com

.png

Filed: Timeline
When I worked for MCI Worldcom Long Distance customer service I was working the Escalation Gate, meaning when you ask for a supervisor you just get transfered to reps that have been there longer and are allowed to argue with the customers. anyway...

I wonder if that happens everywhere. When I worked a government agency 800# we would put people on hold and ask who wants to be the supervisor when someone demanded to talk to the supervisor.

I served in the Navy with a Seaman Comsflying!!! :lol::lol::lol: When roll call went you can imagine the giggles as the person calling it got farther into the c's.

OMG!!!!! You have to be joking right??!! I think this is my fav so far!!! :lol::lol::lol:

What WERE the parents thinking?????

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
I used to bowl with a guy called Mike Hunt....looks ok 'til you say it fast :wacko:

That reminds me...was it the movie Animal House? When the guys called the girl that worked as a bartender and asks if Mike Hunt is there...she yells MIKE HUNT...HAS ANYBODY SEEN MIKE HUNT. Of course, much raucous laughter ensues. :lol:

When I was working, a customer used to come into the office all the time and her name used to crack me up...Queenella Screws. :unsure:

When David was working at Lowe's there was a delivery for Bonnie Shagg. :P I may not have gotten the joke had I not been around an Englishman for a while. :D

1-21-09 Getting Naturalization documents together.

smiley-995.pngsmiley-996.png

Disclaimer: i dunno nuthin bout birthin no babys, or bout imugrayshun.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

When I worked for MCI Worldcom Long Distance customer service I was working the Escalation Gate, meaning when you ask for a supervisor you just get transfered to reps that have been there longer and are allowed to argue with the customers. anyway...

I wonder if that happens everywhere. When I worked a government agency 800# we would put people on hold and ask who wants to be the supervisor when someone demanded to talk to the supervisor.

before we had e-gate we did that too. "Who wants to take a sup call?!?" :lol:

where were the supervisors? in the lounge playing cards, out to lunch or in meetings.

Life long Texan, living in Hull, UK. How did this happen?

11 January - We met online and became friends

4 February - Became a couple

17 March - I went to Hull to meet the guy

20 March - First "I love you"

25 March - I go home :(

16 November - He comes to visit me in Texas

25 November - he leaves back home :(

14 December - ENGAGED! <3

1 March- I fly off to see my babe in Hull

4 April - I go home :(

9 October - He comes back to Texas!!!!

13 October - WEDDING!!!

22 October - He goes back to England and I continue to wait for my settlement visa.

13 December 2007 - Move to England

Now the wait begins, I will become a citizen then we will DFC back to the US.

the-british-are-comming-small.jpg965-smaller.jpg

Our slide show .......... Our page on TheKnot.com

.png

A friend told me one of her students was called "Usnaví" cuz of US navy lol, and one of my students is called "Maybe", sometimes i call her Perhaps :lol:

July 06/06.............. Thanks God everything is ready and my baby finally mailed I-129f

July 17/06.............. Check was cashed

July 18/06.............. Thx God we got our NOA1 from CSC

Sep 20/06............... Thx God! NOA2 date

Sep 21/06............... touched; got 5 approval emails! thank you Lord!

Sep 26/06............... mon amour got NOA2

Oct 18/06............... My baby got the letter from NVC

Oct 24/06............... Oh, Lord, You are so great! got our packet 3 today!!! yupi!!! early bday present!!!

Oct 30/06............... Mailing away my DS-156, thank you for your blessings, God

Nov 01/06............... Medical @ 8am

Dec 14/06............... My baby got packet 4

Jan 06/07............... We requested our Interview to be scheduled for January 22nd! my baby's bday! and he will be allowed 2b inside with me!! wow!

Jan 22/07............... VISA APPROVED!!! THANK YOU LORD!!!

Jan 29/07............... Went to cargo expresso to get my passport, which means: VISA RECEIVED!!!

Apr 27/07............... Married my one and only at 10;30am

Jul 06/07............... Finally mailed away AOS

Jul 19/07............... Check was cashed

Jul 21/07............... Thanks God we received NOA1

Jul 24/07............... Thanks God we received Biometrics letter

Ag 17/07............... Biometrics @ 12

dev242bf___.png

"Trust the past to God's mercy, the present to God's love and the future to God's providence..."