brandonbeth

120 posts in this topic

my fiance dont want his family and church to know about our relationship. he said that he want everyone's respect. do u think this is reasonable? we are already married in our marriage tradition in the philippines.

Your husband does not sound like he is treating you with the respect you deserve.

In answer to your question, no, it is not reasonable for him to expect you to hide your relationship.

I know you had your traditional wedding already so is there a way to have that marriage solemnized?

Many people have one cermony in thier homeland and another in the US. If you agree to do this as a compromise he should still be proud to acknowledge you have already declared yourselves as husband and wife.

I worry that you will not be treated well after you get here if this is how he is treating you already.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Some people just enjoy water cooler gossip and dissecting other people's lives for their own entertainment. With the exception of a few sensible people that advised her (and her significant other) to communicate with each other and resolve the problem, most on here just want to fan the flames, chew ther popcorn, and enjoy the sideshow as these poor folk's relationship falls apart. It's really sad and pathetic.

:o I just ran out of butter!!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sorry your fragile feelings were hurt.

My post was directed at Dan & Judy.

As for the OP... they went away in case no one noticed.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

On the serious side, the crime here was not lack of communication but a deplorable lack of discretion. Both his parents have talked to her and the lady from the church he calls his spiritual mother.

Then he goes and tells her that he is keeping her a secrete from the family and the church. He had no need to tell her that. Of course that would freak a girl out, especially since in her eyes

they are already married. She wasn't making up the words, that's what he told her.

I think Brandon has an acceptable reason for not making a public announcement before Beth gets here but not a great one.

He said "but if I tell people now they will judge her by my x"

The truth is he is afraid of them judging HIM to be an idiot for making the same mistake again.

His plan is to wait for her to get here so they can see that she is different.

The plan would work fine without mentioning to Beth that she was being kept a secret.

It just caused her needless anxiety.

Beth, as he said, he is ashamed of himself for letting himself be used by the first wife. He is not ashamed of you. In fact he is looking for you to be his redemption.

On the serious side

:blink: (all this time) You've been holding out. :blink:

OP;

It's all starting to make sense now. :whistle:

Edited by Crashed~N2~Me

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Humor doesn't compensate for a total lack of class.

no but it does stop you from going crazy... well that is my excuse anyway :yes:

I-129F SENT............................................08/15/2011

NOA1 TEXT/EMAIL...................................08/22/2011

NOA2 TEXT/EMAIL. NO RFE.....................01/05/2012

NVC RECEIVED......................................01/21/2012

NVC LEFT...............................................01/24/2012

PACKET 3 RECEIVED..............................02/01/2012

PACKET 3 RETURNED.............................02/04/2012

MEDICAL................................................02/17/2012

DS-2001 MAILED.....................................02/23/2012

PACKET 4 RECEIVED..............................03/02/2012

INTERVIEW............................................03/14/2012 APPROVED

POE ATLANTA.........................................04/03/2012

AOS approved 3/29/13 after almost 10 months of waiting. No RFE's and no interview.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

u made a summary lol :thumbs:

Congratulations on the move to Taiwan!! How you liking the food?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Congratulations on the move to Taiwan!! How you liking the food?

I noticed the change in country too. I suppose they don't appreciate PI hospitality. :whistle:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.