hz mz

k3 married fiance visa

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

the processing time is 5 months for this kind of case.its been 5 months did not hear ne thing from uscis wat should i do ?

There's no such thing as a married fiance visa. If married, no longer a fiance. I take it an I-130 was filed. When approved, the foreigner will apply for a CR1 or IR1 visa, not K3.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Country: Ivory Coast
Timeline

Actually, I was told to file the I=130 and then the I-129F so that the spouse can come over while the I-130 is being processed. I assume that is what is meant by the married fiance visa

There's no such thing as a married fiance visa. If married, no longer a fiance. I take it an I-130 was filed. When approved, the foreigner will apply for a CR1 or IR1 visa, not K3.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Actually, I was told to file the I=130 and then the I-129F so that the spouse can come over while the I-130 is being processed. I assume that is what is meant by the married fiance visa

You need to do some research. The I-129F has nothing to do with a spouse being able to visit the USA during the process of I-130.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

:blink: I have never heard of filing both.

It's either file one for a fiance [i-129f] or one for spouse [i-130].

Edited by Sapphire~*~Moon

“The moon is at her full, and riding high, floods the calm fields with light. The airs that hover in the summer sky are all asleep tonight.” ~William C. Bryant

Click HERE for our complete K-1 visa journey timeline.

Happily Married: December 1, 2012

AOS Journey:
Filing Date: 4/15/2013

NOA1: 4/23/2013

Received RFE: 5/13/2013 (We forgot to include proof of citizenship of co-sponsor)

Mailed our response to the RFE: 5/15/2013 (We sent the co-sponsor's U.S. birth certificate)

Biometrics Appointment: 5/20/13

EAD: arrived 6/24/13

AOS: APPROVED! No interview! Approval (NOA-1 letter)Date: 9/24/2013

2 year conditional green card received 09/2013.

10 year permanent residency approved 2016.

<3 Baby girl born February 2015 <3

Timeline

:blink: I have never heard of filing both.

It's either file one for a fiance [i-129f] or one for spouse [i-130].

Welcome to the K-3 forum ! Stop blinking, please - it cuts down on one's ability to read.

'Both' are filed if one is pursuing a K-3 visa.

It's never called a 'k3 married fiance visa', though.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

ok so neone tell me i filed i130 first when i received the noa then i filed i129f k3 visa now its been over 5 months so what should i be doing instead of waiting should i be contacting uscis or whom plz suggest neone i will appreciate that .good day .

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

ok so neone tell me i filed i130 first when i received the noa then i filed i129f k3 visa now its been over 5 months so what should i be doing instead of waiting should i be contacting uscis or whom plz suggest neone i will appreciate that .good day .

Has it been over five months since you filed the I-129F? Filing the I-129F put your I-130 back in the queue where the I-129F came in. Either way, not much to do but wait, except start studying the CR1 visa guide. That's the path you're on. Expect to get busy with more paperwork very soon.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

According to your timeline, it hasn't been 5 months since your NOA1. Once it has, you can give them a call.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

In the same situation here. We applied in August 1st, the I130 and after receive the NOA1, we apply for I129F. USCIS does not know where it came from these comments that the visa K-3 is administratively closed. For you to be aware of what happens with your case I advise you call the USCIS and ask how is your process. I did this last week and they told me that CSC is delayed by 48 days. And if the K-3 would be closed, it was being advised on the website of USCIS.

Immigration Status: K-3 Visa

Place benefits filed at: California Service Center

Local Office: Madrid, Spain

Country of non-US Family Member: Brazil

Our Story:

Jul, 07 2008- Meet online

Feb, 09 2009- Meet in person in Scotland

Jul, 07 2009- Engaged

Sep, 20 2009- My fiancé move to Spain

Aug, 13 2010- Wedding in Spain

May, 15 2011- My hubby go back to US

Aug, 01 2011- I-130

Aug, 04 2011- NOA 1

Aug, 12 2011- I29F

Aug, 16 2011- NOA 1 (I129F)

oc7lgatr4v.png

Our Visa Journey:

USCIS:

08/01/2011 - Mailed I-130

08/04/2011 - Received NOA1

08/12/2011 - Mailed I-129F

08/16/2011 - Received NOA1

01/27/2012 - Received NOA2 I-130 & I-129F

NVC:

01/31/2012 - K-3 changed for IR-1

01/31/2012 - Received NVC case number (MDD)

02/01/2012 - Received IIN (invoice identification number)

02/02/2012 - Received AOS and IV fee bill

02/03/2012 - AOS and IV PAID

02/10/2012 - Mailed IV Package to my husband in US

02/14/2012 - IV package arrive to my husband in US

02/15/2012 - My husband mailed AOS and IV Package to the attorney

02/17/2012 - Attorney get the package

02/21/2012 - Attorney sent the package to NVC

02/24/2012 - RFE: NVC send back a checklist about information missing or incomplete :(

02/27/2012 - Sent the missing information to NVC

03/07/2012 - CASE COMPLETED!!! Yayy finally ;)

04/24/2012 - INTERVIEW!!!!

APPROVED!!!!!!

Timeline

USCIS and NVC are totally different government entities.

K-3 administratively closed - http://www.visajourney.com/news/2010/02/07/department-of-state-to-close-k-3-visas-if-i-129f-and-i-130-petitions-approved-and-received-together/

So, if you wish more clarity from a USCIS staffer, call in again, get an ISO, a Tier 2 Human,

and inquire directly - 'why does NVC administratively close the I-129F for any K-3 visa processing?'

then let us know the answer, here.

TIA !

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

now i just realized i made a mistake filing k3 i should be filing cr1 .so plz ne one suggest what r my choices except waiting can i expedite the process its been over 5 months already plz ne one suggest me something .thannks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.