Sayha or bust.

Odd things your spouse does.

389 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Pitcairn Islands
Timeline

I could put a hitch on it and tow it behind my truck...

It was a beast, to be sure. The funny thing was I dragged the stupid thing with me back to the US, used it for a month, and then my daughter decided she didn't like it anymore. She wanted to walk everywhere. :wacko: We ended up giving it to one of my husband's classmate's who was having a baby.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline
1360198070[/url]' post='5964490']

It was a beast, to be sure. The funny thing was I dragged the stupid thing with me back to the US, used it for a month, and then my daughter decided she didn't like it anymore. She wanted to walk everywhere. :wacko: We ended up giving it to one of my husband's classmate's who was having a baby.

And now it serves as a yard wagon...Powered by a sears Riding lawn mower

Edited by SteveAndTiff

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline

Aaaah, I am jealous of that stroller!

I hated the stroller we bought here in the US. We actually bought two of them; first a flimsy plastic bullshit thing that the infant seat was supposed to sit in. I. HATED. it! What baby wants to spend hours every day in a car seat? Not good for their backs, either! So we ended up buying an Uppababy Vista, which is as close to Scandinavian strollers as I could find here. It was better, but I still don't like it. He outgrew the bassinet before he was even five months old! And it's still not very smooth to push.

Next child, I'm seriously flying home just to buy a stroller from Scandinavia!

On the "odd things" card, I'd like to raise my hand and say everyone thinks I'm crazy for thinking it's perfectly okay for babies to sleep outdoors in their strollers... year 'round. I don't do it here, because I'm scared some busybody will call CPS on me, but jeez. Everyone does it back home. It's not a big deal. They're warm and snug, and get fresh air.

Married since 03/02/2011, AOS from F-1 visa, green card granted 05/24/2011.
Blessed with a healthy baby boy, 08/19/2011! We get to keep our family together! Thank you! smile.png

--

ROC

02/27/2013 - I-751 packet sent
03/04/2013 - NOA1
04/01/2013 - Biometrics

08/19/2013 - I-751 Approved

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Aaaah, I am jealous of that stroller!

I hated the stroller we bought here in the US. We actually bought two of them; first a flimsy plastic bullshit thing that the infant seat was supposed to sit in. I. HATED. it! What baby wants to spend hours every day in a car seat? Not good for their backs, either! So we ended up buying an Uppababy Vista, which is as close to Scandinavian strollers as I could find here. It was better, but I still don't like it. He outgrew the bassinet before he was even five months old! And it's still not very smooth to push.

Next child, I'm seriously flying home just to buy a stroller from Scandinavia!

On the "odd things" card, I'd like to raise my hand and say everyone thinks I'm crazy for thinking it's perfectly okay for babies to sleep outdoors in their strollers... year 'round. I don't do it here, because I'm scared some busybody will call CPS on me, but jeez. Everyone does it back home. It's not a big deal. They're warm and snug, and get fresh air.

They are really big though... a little too big. For those who haven't seen them before http://www.babysam.dk/barnevogne/babysam-barnevogne

I had one of the Chicco strollers http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2633095&searchURL=false, but a lot of the mothers where I lived used an infant carrier and then the stroller/push chair part for when the child was a little too heavy to carry all the time and they needed to shop or walk long distances.

I've seen people here with trailer hitches just so they can bring their pram places!

I think I've seen one person ever the entire time I've been in Denmark leave a child in a pram outside. My mother, when she was a child in America, was left outside in her crib, but those were different times. Frankly, I'd be too worried and for the first 6 months I baby wore. She would have screamed bloody murder if she was put down or put outside! Maybe she was a weird baby, but laying flat or on her back was definitely not in the game plan even for diaper changes.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Timeline

They are really big though... a little too big. For those who haven't seen them before http://www.babysam.dk/barnevogne/babysam-barnevogne

I had one of the Chicco strollers http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2633095&searchURL=false, but a lot of the mothers where I lived used an infant carrier and then the stroller/push chair part for when the child was a little too heavy to carry all the time and they needed to shop or walk long distances.

I've seen people here with trailer hitches just so they can bring their pram places!

I think I've seen one person ever the entire time I've been in Denmark leave a child in a pram outside. My mother, when she was a child in America, was left outside in her crib, but those were different times. Frankly, I'd be too worried and for the first 6 months I baby wore. She would have screamed bloody murder if she was put down or put outside! Maybe she was a weird baby, but laying flat or on her back was definitely not in the game plan even for diaper changes.

I don't think they're too big. I like their size. My son feels cramped in his Vista at only 18 months, and the stroller bag won't even fit in it! It's awfully tiny. Plus, like I said, he outgrew the bassinet by the time he was even five months! I was appalled!

That Chicco stroller is the exact one we had at first. WORST. EVER. Flimsy, wobbly, and pushing my son in it I felt like I was giving him shaken baby syndrome. With the car seat on top, the whole thing was extremely top heavy, and the sorry excuse for a screen gave absolutely no protection against the elements. The only thing it worked for was pushing him around our livingroom floor. I guess whoever made it was thinking a consumer will use it mostly for pushing it around malls or whatever. That seems to be the only place I see people with strollers here, anyway. I never see them at the park, never EVER meet anyone just taking walks. Urgh, no. I really LOATHE these American "travel system." They're only made with the convenience of the parent in mind, not the comfort of the baby. I hardly ever got to take walks for the first period of his life, and I'm still sad/angry about that! Once we got the Vista, we took daily hour+ walks, but it's still not a fantastic stroller.

I've never seen trailer hitches for strollers, but in Scandinavia I'd believe it, as they are awfully fond of tiny compact cars there. My parents have a really big car, and when we're visiting my husband always complains how all the roads and parking spaces feels so cramped, whereas our car here (same size as my parents') "fits." However, I've heard of multiple people buying new cars to fit their stroller, and moving away from compact cars, to full sized sedans with hatchbacks. Either way, I'm not worried about it, due to the size of our car. I'm getting an Emmaljunga for sure for next child.

Maybe people don't do it in Denmark anymore? It's still extremely common in Norway, trust me on that one.

Blessed with a healthy baby boy, 08/19/2011! We get to keep our family together! Thank you! smile.png

--

ROC

03/04/2013 - NOA1
04/01/2013 - Biometrics

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I think it is because I live in a city Llama....my husband told me that maybe people in the countryside do it.

My chicco stroller was amazing! Unpaved roads, 3+ miles of walking a day! I still have it and we used it up until this summer for the little one. I'm keeping for the next one, it is built like a rock. I think they might have changed the wheels on them since I bought mine in 2008 and mine has separate handles. I've thrown it so many times in my truck bed and left it out in the rain and it is still built like a tank! Perhaps they have changed.

Perhaps it is different where I lived in CT because it was fairly flat and an oceanside community, but I think I walked way more there and rode the bicycle more. There were always so many people out walking that it was difficult to drive. I always saw mothers out walking with their kids. Not so much fathers (which I see soo often in DK).

I only say the Scandi ones are so big because it seems like when 2 of them try to get on the bus, there is just no room and they are hard to carry up stairs and things. The parents who have them in our building have to leave them chained up with the bikes in the dusty kind of gross bike room. I don't know...

The rain covers they have for the strollers in Scandinavia are better because Americans don't tend to take their kids out when it is raining. They do sell ones you can put over the stroller in America, but I haven't seen them too much.

Different strokes for different folks, I suspect.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Timeline

Maybe your Chicco has different wheels. Mine were tiny, and plastic. RATTLE RATTLE RATTLE RATTLE when walking on anything but indoor flooring. We bought an umbrella stroller last time we flew to Norway, and the wheels on the umbrella stroller were bigger than the Chicco ones!! That's also why I want a Scandinavian stroller for next time. Air tires! Big, smooth air tires!

I lived in a tiny town in PA, and now Pittsburgh, and I've never ever seen people out taking walks in either place. It's HORRIBLE. And quite lonely. Even my sister in law, who has a child the same age as mine, never wanted to take walks with me. She didn't understand the point. She also complained about her stroller (it was the same type as the Chicco, just different brand), but she didn't buy a different one; she just opted not to go out.

Outdoor sleeping is still extremely common even in the city in Norway (I'm from Oslo).

I did get a rain cover here, which worked out well enough, but I'm talking about the built-in screen. When it was windy out, forget it - all sorts of debris would hit my son in the face. It would also only protect from the sun from a certain angle.

--

ROC

03/04/2013 - NOA1
04/01/2013 - Biometrics

Filed: Country: Pitcairn Islands
Timeline

Well, it was actually a discontinued line of strollers from Hauck. The model was Asahi Typhoon. My daughter was born in early 2006 and they had stopped making them even before that. Mr. W bought it used off of eBay. I dunno if anything comparable is still sold. It was really tata. The frame was solid and welded. We took it on some heavy offroading on hiking trails. Good if you can get one! I don't think they were ever sold in North America.

I have zero opinion about the infants outdoors thing. I never thought about it, but I do know that babies are more durable than people tend to give them credit for. I lucked out and got the E-Z model though. It is part of the reason I don't want more kids. I don't want to push my luck. :rofl:

Edited by Wacken

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

I bought my stroller in Sweden, now I need a double stroller and I will get thst in Sweden too, the quality it sooo much better!!

I have my kid taking her naps in the stroller all year around, we live so the neighbours can't see all we do...Had we not I'd have the same fear ad you LlamaInvasion!

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

NVC case numbers March 22nd
My sons AOS and IV bill paid March 23rd (status in progress)
My sons AOS and IV bill shows as paid March 26
My IV bill paid March 26
Both packages sent on March 26
My IV bill shows as paid on March 27th
CC on both cases March 30

Current record holder of fastest through the NVC :D

Medical exam in Stockholm April 13th
Interview on May 16th !!!

POE Anchorage July 12th!! 2012

July 2015 n-400 in the mail

September 2015, interview

October 23rd 2015, Oath ceremony!!!!!​​

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

She cuts my fingernails and toe nails every week even thought they are short.

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

She cuts my fingernails and toe nails every week even thought they are short.

My nails have never looked so good since my wife got here. I think its one of the ways Filipinas learn to use to mark their territory. She will make sure mine are done, before she worries about her own. My toenails are not quite so often during the winter, since its rare they're exposed outside of socks here in Minnesota. When we were together in the Philippines though, the toes also always were done weekly.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.