jenkatx

The Do Not Open Packet

19 posts in this topic

As I posted before my Honeys house burnt down and we lost all of our paperwork. He got the visa and packet today (THANK GOD), but I want to make sure everything he needs to enter is in the packet. I am particularly worried about the medical and police report. He is going to get a new medical in the am, which will not include all of his shots as some were done in another state. He will re-take those before we file AOS. Do we need the police report to file AOS? Also, do they return the packet after they review it at POE? Thanks as always!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Everything that is needed is inside the sealed envelope.

He should not need to get the police certificate or the medical done again. All the information is in the sealed envelope that is handed over at POE.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Ok good deal. BUT are you sure they will give him all the information back at POE? I am fairly sure we will need that to file the AOS? Thanks :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

The package is his file. Do not let him open it , he will get turned back and need to get it resealed at the embassy. They will keep it all the POE ( except that fool xray. There must be 1000's in closests in the US )

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline

Ok good deal. BUT are you sure they will give him all the information back at POE? I am fairly sure we will need that to file the AOS? Thanks :)

No, I think you are missing the point.... They don't give him anything back its all meant for USCIS only. He gives it all to the POE and they send it to USCIS. Thats the end of it.

Then you marry in the US and file AOS with gathering new things. You don't need a new medical or police record to do this. You need his birth certificate and your marriage certificate. - Please see the AOS guides.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

I have told him a million times DO NOT OPEN, lol. Poor guy. I just read the instructions for the I-485 again and from my understanding we will not need the police certificate again, but he will need a copy of his medicals to submit. Is that correct? Since we aren't a special class and he has no criminal history. He just has 1 ay to replace his birth certificate and medicals, so we want to make sure we are in the clear and he doesn't need to get a new police certificate as well.

Timeline

I have told him a million times DO NOT OPEN, lol. Poor guy. I just read the instructions for the I-485 again and from my understanding we will not need the police certificate again, but he will need a copy of his medicals to submit. Is that correct? Since we aren't a special class and he has no criminal history. He just has 1 ay to replace his birth certificate and medicals, so we want to make sure we are in the clear and he doesn't need to get a new police certificate as well.

No he needs a copy of the vaccination sheet. The medical is inside the big package that gets sent to USCIS and they will have it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

For Adjustment of Status, you do not need to have another physical if you have had one within the past year. All K-1 applicants get a physical prior to the interview so most do not need to get another physical. However, you must still see a Civil Surgeon to transcribe the vaccinations you've had onto the I-693 form that is needed for Adjustment of Status. The catch is that many will not do a transcription only and will only complete the form if another physical is done. I printed out a list of approved Civil Surgeon's in my area and must have contacted about 15. I wasn't able to find one that didn't require us to get a physical again so we paid for another one and they completed the form.

K-1 Visa
04-29-2011: I-129F Sent
05-05-2011: I-129F NOA1
07-18-2011: I-129F NOA2
08-08-2011: NVC Received
08-09-2011: NVC Left
08-10-2011: Consulate Received
08-26-2011: Consulate mailed Packet 3 (invitation letter)
09-01-2011: Packet 3 (invitation letter) Received in US
09-10-2011: Packet 3 (invitation letter) Received in Mexico
09-22-2011: Interview: APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
10-04-2011: DHL Waybill number appears in the afternoon
10-05-2011: Picked up visa from DHL office
11-08-2011: POE Houston, Texas
11-19-2011: Married!

AOS
12-06-2011: Applied for Social Security Number
12-08-2011: AOS package sent (I-485, I-765, I-131, and supporting docs)
12-12-2011: Received Social Security Number and card in the mail
12-20-2011: Received NOA1 for I-485, I-765, and I-131
01-06-2012: Completed ASC appointment
02-02-2012: Received appointment notice for AOS interview on March 1, 2012
03-01-2012: Green card interview: APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
03-10-2012: Green card received

ROC

12-27-2013: I-751 Sent

01-02-2014: Received NOA1 for I-751

01-24-2014: Completed ASC appointment

04-01-2014: APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (no interview)

CITIZENSHIP

11-14-2016: N-400 Sent

05-19-2017: Naturalization interview:  APPROVED!!!!!!!

06-28-2017: Citizenship ceremony

Thank you all for the info. I am to the point that if he has to have another physical, so be it. All of this running around and going state to state to get verification for verification is getting tiresome. I am just ready to be done and have him here!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

he does not need another physical as stated before the sealed envelope has everything he needs...now let the man get on the plane and come abeg o! lol good luck to you guys :thumbs:

November 5, 2010 Interview 7am APPROVED!!!!!! (6months 4weeks 1day) THANK YOU LORD!!!!!

(look at my about me page in my profile if you want to see my entire k1 journey)

AOS Journey:

Feb.4, 2011 Mailed AOS packet

Feb. 7, 2011 Pkt delivered in Chicago

Feb. 10, 2011 Received txt and email of NOA for AOS, EAD, and AP

Feb. 11, 2011 Check cashed for AOS

Feb. 12, 2011 Touched

Feb. 14, 2011 received hard copy of NOA for AOS, EAD& AP

Feb. 18, 2011 received appt letter for biometrics

Feb. 28, 2011 biometrics appt @10am

Feb. 28, 2011 received txt/email AOS case transferred to csc

Mar 1, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 3, 2011 received hard copy of AOS transfer to csc

Mar 4, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 28, 2011 Received txt/email saying card production has been ordered. (1month 3eeks 3days)

Mar 28, 2011 Received 2nd txt/email saying we have registered this customer permanent residence status

Mar 29, 2011 Received 3rd txt/email says card production has been ordered.

April 1, 2011 greencard and welcome letter in hand!!

April 5, 2011 received txt/email EAD card production ordered

Will Start Removing Conditions Dec 2012!!!!

Dec. 26, 2012 mailed ROC paperwork

Dec. 28, 2012 NOA for ROC paperwork

Jan. 7, 2013 received bio appt letter

Jan. 24, 2013 bio appt.

June 22, 2013 10yr green card received

68z00wwuiyl.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

If there is a question about the vaccinations when you get to the civil surgeon, they should be able to do a blood test that shows which vaccines he has had. We were told that it can be dangerous to repeat vaccines if you have had them recently. I´m sure this depends on the type of vaccine and number of doses, but look into the blood test.

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

Do not open the envelope.

Do not get another exam.

Do not get another police report.

Just get on the plane.

when he arrives at the POE, hand them the envelope and passport which has his visa inside. That is it.

Get married.

When it is time for his AOS he must include a form that shows he has been vaccinated. That comes from the civil surgeon.

If he has a record of all vaccinations, they should just sign off.

If he lost his records, there is a test they can perform that shows that he did have them before.

Please do not make this any more difficult. OK?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.