firstlove2

Need ADOPTION Attorney in Lagos Nigeria...HELP PLEASE

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Thank you in advance...Husband and I need to now adopt his 2 children after DNA shows that children are not his afterall...Need Adoption Attorney in Lagos NIgeria....preferrably one that is not going to try to rob us of our pennies.

Firstlove2

I129F------April 16, 2010

NOA1------May 11, 2010

I129F RFE----June 25, 2010

I129F RFE returned----June 29, 2010

NOA2 APPROVED----without notification...dated JULY 1, 2010...

NVC received----July 8, 2010

NVC Returns case to USCIS (incomplete)---July 9, 2010

August 9, 2010---Immigration Officer at USCIS stated that case notes read "officer assigned will hear something on or before August 19

CALLED USCIS HEADQUARTERS IN WASHINGTON DC----September 20, 2010

USCIS lost RFE....Resend Part C on September 21, 2010---Thank you God for your angel in DC---Jennifer!

WE ARE MOVING AGAIN!!---September 23, 2010--CSC completed file and sent case to NVC--you ROCK GOD!! Thank you for the angel Jennifer...

NVC received case (again)---October 4, 2010

Case sent to Embassy---October 21, 2010---Thank you dear Lord...all to your glory!!!

Packet 3 sent out from embassy and not received---November 2

Packet 3 sent to embassy on December 28---DOS stated case noted "Qualified"

Medical Exam--January 4

Interview--February 10--received 221g for police certificate--"did you purchase it on the streets???"

VISA APPROVED -- March 14--case sent to Nigeria to process children

Interview-- June 27-- waiting and believing in God's plan and purpose

DNA testing---July 18th

Fiance HOME---July 19th

Married---July 22nd

AOS, EAD, AP---July 26th

Waiting for God's Perfect Time!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Are the parents of the children still alive? If so, it may be more challenging. You may benefit from a conversation with a US based immigration attorney.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

We have already gone through the case assessment stage and are at the place where we need an attorney for the adoption.....father is unknown and mother has abandoned...We are aware of the steps and process now...Just looking for a referral for an ADOPTION ATTORNEY in Lagos Nigeria

Firstlove2

NOA1------May 11, 2010

August 9, 2010---Immigration Officer at USCIS stated that case notes read "officer assigned will hear something on or before August 19

USCIS lost RFE....Resend Part C on September 21, 2010---Thank you God for your angel in DC---Jennifer!

WE ARE MOVING AGAIN!!---September 23, 2010--CSC completed file and sent case to NVC--you ROCK GOD!! Thank you for the angel Jennifer...

Case sent to Embassy---October 21, 2010---Thank you dear Lord...all to your glory!!!

Medical Exam--January 4

Interview--February 10--received 221g for police certificate--"did you purchase it on the streets???"

DNA testing---July 18th

Fiance HOME---July 19th

Married---July 22nd

AOS, EAD, AP---July 26th

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Good to know that you've sussed it out.. That has tripped up a lot of VJ members looking to adopt.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Have you tried asking in the regional section for the country? or maybe searching on google?

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

Yes have googled but obviously don't want someone who I don't know....would rather get a referral from someone here that perhaps has had experience....

Firstlove2

NOA1------May 11, 2010

Medical Exam--January 4

DNA testing---July 18th

Fiance HOME---July 19th

Married---July 22nd

AOS, EAD, AP---July 26th

As, I see your case you will need two different types of lawyers; one who knows the adoptions laws in the home country and another who will guide you thru the immigration laws for adopted children.

You would do best to put this request out to the community forum for his home country.

Timeline

How do I do that??? The US side is handled already....Its that Nigerian side we need help on...

Firstlove2

NOA1------May 11, 2010

Medical Exam--January 4

DNA testing---July 18th

Fiance HOME---July 19th

Married---July 22nd

AOS, EAD, AP---July 26th

Why not look up a Nigeria lawyer, and ask for recommendation. Check with other Nigerians at a church function or University. Local Nigerian s tend to gather together for large functions.

There is a web site for Nigerians away from home aswell.

PS, this could give u a start http://groups.yahoo.com/group/IgboWorldForum/message/80704

Edited by LIFE'SJOURNEY

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Why not ask your Husband or his family?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** Moving from Bringing Family.. to African regional forum as OP is very specifically looking for a lawyer in Nigeria ****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.