aidan80

Local USCIS Office Want More Documents...

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I got some mail today from USCIS Sub Office that’s processing my I-485. I had already received an appointment notice in August advising me of my AOS appointment in late October.

Basically the letter, which appears to be a very plane standard printout with tick boxes, is asking that I bring the following instructions.

Furnish the birth certificate of petitioner.

We already sent them a copy of the birth certificate along with a copy of my wife’s US passport, but a reasonable enough request I’d imagine.

Furnish Police clearance letters for all residences lived at while in the United States.

I wasn’t aware this was a requirement for AOS? If it isn’t a requirement I assume it’s because I had juvenile convictions back home. :unsure:

Furnish copies of all arrest reports, certified copies of court dispositions and evidence of compliance with all the judge’s orders (i.e., completion of probation, community service, etc.) for all charges.

We had included copies of my New Scotland Yard Police report as requested for the K-1 Visa & certificates of conviction. I assume they want to see the originals? :blink:

Furnish complete Biographic Information Form, G-325 for the petitioner.

I’m 99% sure we sent them this with the AOS packet? We did two.. one for me and one for my wife. I assume it’s always possible we forgot to include one of the forms or one has been lost while being processed. :hehe:

I was just thinking has anyone else had a similar experience with their USCIS Office. This isn’t a bad sign for my AOS is it :o ? Anyone know how long it takes to get “Police Clearance” here in Florida, is there a time limit on it and/or a fee?

Any help/advise is most welcome. :)

Filed N400 11/7/16

Check (CC) Cashed 11/10/16

Text/Email NOA 11/16/16

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'd say it might be because they're trying to clear any name hits you might've had. You can easily re-send most if not all of what they want and phone the local police station at the places you've lived in the USA for the remaining document.

Sept 10 I-129F sent to TSC

Interview - February 13th APPROVED! day 152

April 6 - wedding date day 204

Aug 22 - AOS interview date day 101-total days 342

Sept 29 - green card arrives, done until June 2008 day 140-total days 381

June 30 - I-751 mailed total days 1025

March 9 - Removal of Conditions approved! total days 1277

Timeline
I'd say it might be because they're trying to clear any name hits you might've had. You can easily re-send most if not all of what they want and phone the local police station at the places you've lived in the USA for the remaining document.

Thanks for the response!

The letter is asking that we bring all the information requested to the interview so we luckily don’t have to send it in. I intend to contact the local police here in the US about getting clearance. Luckily I’ve only lived in at one address since I arrived here, unless the first 6 days in a hotel count? I hope police clearance here in the US isn’t like it was at home. Under the Data Protection Act (UK) the police have (if I remember correctly) 40 days to make the information available. I currently wouldn’t have 40 days till my AOS interview, I’d be cutting it close at 30 days. :huh:

Filed N400 11/7/16

Text/Email NOA 11/16/16

Timeline

There's no guarantee the name checks will be cleared by the time of your interview, sadly it's a delay many are going through and a delay I just finished. Hopefully it'll all work out for you, good luck! :thumbs:

Timeline

I wasn’t aware of this before, if I had been aware I’d have had requested police clearance last month. What I don’t understand is, if they want police clearance.. what is the story with the FBI name check? I'm getting lost again.. :)

Edited by aidan80

Filed N400 11/7/16

Text/Email NOA 11/16/16

We got this letter too and didn't think twice about it -- I thought it was standard and they just wanted to make sure we had everything and had originals of documention.

Did other people get this letter besides Aidan?

Our mysterious AOS interview, the subsequent letter we received saying AOS was pending "to determine eligibility" and the fact we are still waiting for FBI checks is making me wonder.

90day.jpg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

My wife received a letter requesting she bring her birth certificate, because it was not in the file.

At the interview, the lady never asked for it. But while she was flipping through the file, I saw her birth certificate.

So I wouldn't worry too much about receiving the letter.

Removal of Conditions (I-751)

August 16/08: VSC received I-751

August 22/08: check cashed (certainly did not waste any time)

September 11/08: Received NOA 1

September 15/08: Rec'd Biometrics Appointment Letter

October 02/08: Biometrics Completed

March 04/09: File transferred to CSC

June 01/09: Letter stating Petition Approved and Card Production ordered

July 12/09: Card Production ordered e-mail

July 13/09: Received card in the mail

AOS

March 27/06: Sent I-485

March 31/06: NOA 1

April 4/06: Rec'd NOA 1

April 5&6/06: Touched

May 4/06: Rec'd Biometrics Appointment Letter

May 23/06: Biometrics Appointment

May 26/06: Touched

July 22/06: Rec'd Appointment for Interview

Sept 12/06: Interview

Sept 18/06: Rec'd Welcome to USA letter

Sept 26/06: Rec'd Green Card

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

its s standard letter. We got the same thing. We just took the documents that applied to our case. We were fine.

Traveled to Morocco on Aug 3rd, 2005

Got Engaged on Aug 16th, 2005

Left Morocco on Aug 19th, 2005

08-29-05 Filed I129F

01-09-06 Interview Date (9am) We were not approved today, I guess we got a 221g of the damn S. Korea Police Certificate that Casablanca said we didn't need.

03/03/06 Turn in Passport at 9am

03/15/06 Visa Issued

03/31/06 Enter USA via JFK

05/15/06 Wedding for Visa

06/10/06 Mailed AOS papers

07/06/06 Biometerics Apt

07/15/06 My offical wedding day....I know .....:-)

07/10/06 Touched

08/25/06 EAD Approvel

09/01/06 EAD in Hand

09/26/06 AOS Interview (Recommend for Approval)

10-05-06 Received Welcome Letter

10-10-06 Green Card Arrived.

We are now one9d63d28.jpg.png

Timeline

Yes, there is a standard letter that accompanies the interview notice. I don't think what aiden80 received is that letter but a different one since it was directly from his local office, seperate from his interview notice, and asks for specific things.

Edited by Canuck Carrie

Timeline

You are correct Canuck Carrie, this is a separate letter sent directly from our local USCIS office.

I just called the deputy dog hotline (City Police) and enquired about obtaining “Police Clearance” at which point the very enthusiastic and not too well directed woman on the phone attempted to transfer me to human resources.

10 minutes of explaining what I mean by Police Clearance and why I need it and not a job (I had to read out the letter from USCIS), she tells me to fax or mail in a request for a “records search”. I’m almost as confused as the woman on the phone now.. She said that a records search can be carried out right away, no fee and the results can be mailed or faxed back to me. I’m very unsure if this is information is correct as it appears all too easy. I was at the least expecting to wait 90 days pay a fee and get an 800 number to call if everything go’s wrong?

Anyone else had any experience in this area?

Edited by aidan80

Filed N400 11/7/16

Text/Email NOA 11/16/16

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I took a friend of ours to the court house to get a records check and they just took her ID and did a search on the computer and then gave her a piece of paper that said no record with an offical sea, done in just a few minutes. She had her AOS interview with no problem.

Timeline
I took a friend of ours to the court house to get a records check and they just took her ID and did a search on the computer and then gave her a piece of paper that said no record with an offical sea, done in just a few minutes. She had her AOS interview with no problem.

Excellent, I feel a lot better now! I intend to have a letter drawn up requesting the search and have it signed. I think we might go the police station and make the request in person and save the mailing/faxing part. :D

Filed N400 11/7/16

Text/Email NOA 11/16/16

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.