29 posts in this topic

we also got RFE today from CSC. They asked for three things: more details of how we met, final divorce cert (not just final order) and additional primary evidence that we've seen each other in the last two years. We already sent itineraries, pics etc. We have credit card statements of purchases made while visiting each other and letters from family/friends. There are no stamps in our passports. We did not keep boarding passes. Any other ideas for primary evidence? Thanks so much for your help!!

We got an RFE for meeting in person. We had met twice in the previous two years. The boarding passes for both of us together didn't prove it, I've told because there was no date on them. Even though we included itineraries that were dated. The dated hotel statements showing us together didn't appear to help either. I responded to the RFE with it all plus included the stamped pages in the passport and then all was good. Also added some dated photographs to, added the date at the drug store developer because they were digital, although that was supposedly only secondary evidence. It appears what they really really want to see are the stamps in the passport. Which to me means you could have seen anyone in the country, but its what tipped the scales for us on that end I believe. I got some good advice talking to the customer service people at USCIS. Took a couple calls to get a good secondary person, but it was worth it.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Croatia
Timeline

We got an RFE for meeting in person. We had met twice in the previous two years. The boarding passes for both of us together didn't prove it, I've told because there was no date on them. Even though we included itineraries that were dated. The dated hotel statements showing us together didn't appear to help either. I responded to the RFE with it all plus included the stamped pages in the passport and then all was good. Also added some dated photographs to, added the date at the drug store developer because they were digital, although that was supposedly only secondary evidence. It appears what they really really want to see are the stamps in the passport. Which to me means you could have seen anyone in the country, but its what tipped the scales for us on that end I believe. I got some good advice talking to the customer service people at USCIS. Took a couple calls to get a good secondary person, but it was worth it.

The reason why a passport stamp is more important is because it is easy to fake an itinerary printout. Boarding passes often have the month and day, but not the year. It should make sense that a boarding pass, with an itinerary, and a supporting bank/credit card statement *should* be enough. But I suppose, a person could also obtain all of these and then cancel a ticket. The passport affirms physical presence in the visiting country.

Passport stamps have month/day/year, as well as location of entry. Sure a person can see anyone in the country. But, not many people are going to spend 2,000 USD for nothing.

Glad you were able to get is squared away.

And good look to the OP!

"Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity. " ~ Louis Pasteur.

Met Online - 01/2010
Met in Person - 12/21/2010

Engaged - 12/31/2010

File - 07/26/2011

NOA1 - 08/02/2011

NOA2 - 12/22/2011 (e-mail notice)
Visa Approved - 03/13/2012

Married - 03/31/2012 <3

*Started the AOS process a bit late cuse I'm a slacker and suck

But, we've had no issues. It's coming along. Interview should

be shortly coming. Married life is great*

jest.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm sorry, I must be retarded. I see lots of advice but to what. The OP never stated what the RFE was for. ?

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Croatia
Timeline

I'm sorry, I must be retarded. I see lots of advice but to what. The OP never stated what the RFE was for. ?

I think some of the advice given was directed towards other people who received RFEs and commented in this post and asked for advice (i.e. AB2)

In regards to the OP....I forget if someone answered the question. I'm sure someone did. If not. It holds back a few months.

"Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity. " ~ Louis Pasteur.

Met Online - 01/2010
Met in Person - 12/21/2010

Engaged - 12/31/2010

File - 07/26/2011

NOA1 - 08/02/2011

NOA2 - 12/22/2011 (e-mail notice)
Visa Approved - 03/13/2012

Married - 03/31/2012 <3

*Started the AOS process a bit late cuse I'm a slacker and suck

But, we've had no issues. It's coming along. Interview should

be shortly coming. Married life is great*

jest.gif

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

RFE better than a denial. Follow the directions carefully, good luck.,

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hmmm at least they're processing... I was just wondering these days, it seemed that no one's hearing anything from CSC/VSC about NOA2 lately...

We have been waiting for 5 months and 3 weeks. My fiance called yesterday and a very very nice officer told him they're now processing application dated on 17 June 2011.

and now... I have the feeling that we'll recieve the RFE instead of NOA2 :huh:

Edited by Yukah

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

wow.gif. I remember one of VJ members here get an RFE about 3 weeks after sent I-129F-If I did not mistake to recall it-. But, why they sent an RFE AFTER 6 months??? why they're take so long?blink.gif

After three weeks was probably a rejection, not an RFE. Big difference. Check again

They send an RFE after they adjudicate the case, if it takes them 6 months to get to the case, then you wait 6 months for the RFE or the approval. It is not like they look at it several times and then later send the RFE. They look at the case ONCE, and either approve it or send an RFE

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

As far as added delay, from what I can tell looking at other people's timelines, can be anywhere from a couple of weeks to a couple of months. My RFE took about a month (starting when I received email notification of RFE until day of approval/"NOA2"). And I overnighted what they wanted on the next business day after I received the hardcopy RFE. CSC seems to be faster on RFEs than VSC, but that too is subjective I suppose.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

WOW lots of replies! So im assuming i should get the letter on monday, as i recieved the text on the 8th saying they were sending a letter for the RFE, i'll let you all know what it is as soon as i get it! Hopefully it's something simple!

3 Months of Marriage ;D

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

WOW lots of replies! So im assuming i should get the letter on monday, as i recieved the text on the 8th saying they were sending a letter for the RFE, i'll let you all know what it is as soon as i get it! Hopefully it's something simple!

I'm hoping to receive the letter today... if not Monday for sure... Can't wait :dance:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.