Bad_Daddy

Male nurse fired over treating Muslim women

135 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

You're trying unsuccessfully to make this an issue about religion. It's not. Gender preference is a non-issue in healthcare. And, yes, the tax base does have something to say about local healthcare in government funded facilities. If that majority is Muslim or Mormon, they have a say, and that's democracy.

OK - let's try THIS way.. If there area 5 million women in that area of the country that want a woman doctor or nurse and it costs $250 to open THEIR preferred health center, then they need only mail a check for $50 each and problem solved!

See now it is NOT about religion, it's about gender now.

Happy? :innocent:

K-1 JOURNEY

157 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO NOA-2

181 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO INTERVIEW

07/14/2011 - I-129F sent via FedEx to USCIS
07/15/2011 - Arrived at CSC, signed for by E. Jameson
07/15/2011 - NOA-1 (E-Mail)
07/19/2011 - NOA-1 (Hard Copy)
08/01/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - NOA-2 (E-Mail)
12/22/2011 - X-Ray
12/22/2011 - Lab Work
12/23/2011 - NOA-2 (Hard Copy)
12/27/2011 - NVC Received
12/28/2011 - San Jose Embassy Case Number Assigned
12/29/2011 - NVC Sent Petition via DHL to Embassy
12/30/2011 - Embassy Received Petition, signed for by J. Rodriguez
01/04/2011 - Medical
01/09/2011 - Packet 3 Received
01/12/2011 - Embassy Interview - Approved
01/19/2011 - Visa Received
01/21/2012 - POE (Ft. Lauderdale, FL - USA)
01/23/2012 - SSA Issued Fresy's SSN
02/18/2012 - Wedding

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Life is not measured by the breaths you take. Rather, life is measured by the moments that take your breath away!

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

Nope, It doesn't bother ME in the least who MY doctor is. Man, woman, Muslim, Jew - just treat me and make me well. I could care less about their bedside manner, couldn't care less if they like me or if I like them. Just do your job and don't kill me - we'll get along just fine.

Fine for you. Not everyone feels that way.

OK - let's try THIS way.. If there area 5 million women in that area of the country that want a woman doctor or nurse and it costs $250 to open THEIR preferred health center, then they need only mail a check for $50 each and problem solved!

See now it is NOT about religion, it's about gender now.

Happy? :innocent:

I was happy the whole time. Like I said before, this is nothing new for hospitals. Get upset all you want. Life goes on with or without your permission.

How long until Dearborn gets Sharia law...or do they already have that ?

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Timeline

'

Then you are welcome to find and FUND your choice in health care providers. Just don't expect ME or other tax payers to fund health care that doesn't offend you...

You will not win this arguement with me. I respect your religious, cultural and other beliefs and certainly don't begrudge you wanting what makes you comfortable, just do it on your own dime. The basis to this story was a PUBICALLY funded clinic. You want PRIVATE health care, cool - just take out your checkbook and start writing.

K-1 JOURNEY

08/01/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - Touched
12/22/2011 - X-Ray
12/22/2011 - Lab Work
01/04/2011 - Medical
02/18/2012 - Wedding

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Life is not measured by the breaths you take. Rather, life is measured by the moments that take your breath away!

Timeline

I was happy the whole time. Like I said before, this is nothing new for hospitals. Get upset all you want. Life goes on with or without your permission.

I'm not upset at all. The WOMAN in the story was unhappy. My medical care is quite good! Thanks for your concern though...

K-1 JOURNEY

08/01/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - Touched
12/22/2011 - X-Ray
12/22/2011 - Lab Work
01/04/2011 - Medical
02/18/2012 - Wedding

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Sofiyya loses an argument and gets upset. How typical.

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Timeline

How long until Dearborn gets Sharia law...or do they already have that ?

It's not like they have jobs or anything. The supervisor in this case took the choice out of the hands of the patients, she caused the problem. This guy did NOTHING wrong. As for "conservative" male clientele, if these morons don't like it, they can move back to a cave.

Edited by IR5FORMUMSIE

IR5

Timeline

Let's stop the the rhetoric, the religious intolerance, and stereotyping. Some of the discussion is being deliberately misleading as it is introducing information as 'fact' that was not in the original article. These 'introduced facts' are made to encourage religious intolerance and stereotyping and as such are coming across as deliberately provocative. If you are going to argue the facts of the situation, then stick to the real facts rather than creating false arguments and trying to turn the situation into something it is not.

Agreed. This is not a plebiscite about Shari'a law, religious tolerance, worker's rights or anything other than some poor man who was fired for what appears to be nebulous reasoning. The nurse did as he was told and should not have been fired. That's it.

Edited by IR5FORMUMSIE

IR5

Timeline

Let's stop the the rhetoric, the religious intolerance, and stereotyping. Some of the discussion is being deliberately misleading as it is introducing information as 'fact' that was not in the original article. These 'introduced facts' are made to encourage religious intolerance and stereotyping and as such are coming across as deliberately provocative. If you are going to argue the facts of the situation, then stick to the real facts rather than creating false arguments and trying to turn the situation into something it is not.

As usual you are the voice of reason here in the "VJ Zoo". I agree that the facts speak for themselves and if anything I've said violates ANY TOS please advise me. It's not my intent to defame anyone or any group, just to state my position as respectfully as possible.

K-1 JOURNEY

08/01/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - Touched
12/22/2011 - X-Ray
12/22/2011 - Lab Work
01/04/2011 - Medical
02/18/2012 - Wedding

Timeline

As usual you are the voice of reason here in the "VJ Zoo". I agree that the facts speak for themselves and if anything I've said violates ANY TOS please advise me. It's not my intent to defame anyone or any group, just to state my position as respectfully as possible.

In my respectful submission, you are a wuss.tongue.gif You didn't do anything wrong, don't sweat it, unless that pain in your groin returns.good.gifgood.gifgood.gif

IR5

There's actually an upside to this story. Nobody involved in this article to my knowledge was imprisoned, stoned to death, had their heads lopped off, eyes gouged out or were gang raped by their relatives. So we can honestly say that the glass is half full and not half empty. :)

In my respectful submission, you are a wuss.tongue.gif You didn't do anything wrong, don't sweat it, unless that pain in your groin returns.good.gifgood.gifgood.gif

The poster is probably new to P&R. He/she will learn soon enough. And ya, agreed about the ####### kissing.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Timeline

There's actually an upside to this story. Nobody involved in this article to my knowledge was imprisoned, stoned to death, had their heads lopped off, eyes gouged out or were gang raped by their relatives. So we can honestly say that the glass is half full and not half empty. :)

This isn't Detroit, so why are you surprised. whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif BTW, unfortunately, the glass is half full of hemlock, oh well....

Edited by IR5FORMUMSIE

IR5

This isn't Detroit, so why are you surprised. whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif BTW, unfortunately, the glass is half full of hemlock, oh well....

:lol:

sigbet.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

" You got a request from a certain community that can contribute a financial capacity to your institution if and if you make some adjustments to your system without major cost to your institution utilizing your MDS and nurse you alread had".

That is my point... That "certain community" can pool their funds and contribute to a place where their portion of the community can receive medical care consistent with their beliefs. Problem solved!

Already done in Deerborn, Michigan. Except there was some bright-eyed intern that thought to mess about with a nurse.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !