macdre-209

2.5 months in AR followed by denial

34 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

On Oct 13 Me and My Fiancee received an AR and a request for certificate from the NSO in Manila, She filled out a re certification of no marriage and they forwarded it to US Embassy in Manila and then received it Nov 3rd, We have been waiting patiently always being told that it's 2-3 week and 3-4 weeks well after waiting this long I questioned the lady on the phone who didn't want to tell me but she did, We will be denied because they don't believe our relationship is real since I didn't stay in Manila that long or return there, It was already in denied status since Oct 18 and all the other Documents didn't even matter. I heard I can request a consulate review and I even e-mailed them and I request to talk to the consulate personally. Has anyone been through this and been successful? I just had my fiance buy our wedding rings in the Philippines and she was about to buy her dress last week when we learned about this denial. I had my vacation in the Philippines last year and met my fiance On my last 2 days at her job and fell in love the first time I saw her. We waited for months to get to know each other then after few months I asked her to marry me. I filed the k1 petition 3 months before the first year anniversary of our meeting. I believe we did just fine. I couldn't come back for the last year because I have split custody of my kids and had my kidney surgery 4 months ago. Since the reason for denial is because I only spent 48 hrs with her, can I provide my hospital record and custody papers and our additional proof of genuine relationship? My fiance has our phone text records and snail and emails, wedding ring receipt plus remittances etc, can she hand it personally to the immigration unit who's handling our case?

We still couldn't believe it. My girl is crying every time I call her and tells me she jinxed me, she keeps telling me she has no luck in love, that's why she never had a boyfriend after her kids father. She's been a single parent for almost 9 years.My last plan if they would really deny us, is to return there and marry her there.

Any advice? Thank you

Edited by macdre-209

Timeline

Denied status since NOV 18 and petition is still with Manila consulate, what can we do to have it held at the embassy? Can my fiancee deliver those additional proofs and personally hand it to the immigration staff?

Timeline

Denied status since NOV 18 and petition is still with Manila consulate, what can we do to have it held at the embassy? Can my fiancee deliver those additional proofs and personally hand it to the immigration staff?

I am going to take a wild guess but the issue is the fact you only met her for 48 hours???? Its kind of obvious that that is the sticking point. You may wish to visit again for a longer period of time and re-submit ......

Good Luck

Timeline

best option is to go there get married and file CR1

Earn a $15 Gift Card!http://refer.xoom.com/a/clk/2BjwkwUse ENJOYDEC code to send free :)

Filed: Timeline

I read a story of a couple of the same thing. He had his Congress and Senate involved and a lawyer. After 3weeks of denial notice, the fiance received a call that she will have her second interview. The petitioner flew back to the Philippines to be with her on the second interview, and right there and then, the visa was given. Don't lose hope. They were also in K1. God bless you!

Timeline

9mos of knowing each other when you filed for K-1 and 48 hrs of being each other in person :whistle:

I am not CO but this looks like out of question. This is a high fraud country so you could have done better than this.

Happy New Year!

48 hours met in person? I am not an expert, but if I were the CO, I would questioned why there wasn't an effort to knowing each other more.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Timeline

48 hours met in person? I am not an expert, but if I were the CO, I would questioned why there wasn't an effort to knowing each other more.

macdre-209, I believe that the CO let the "meeting in person" requirement fly, if the situation is permanent e.g disability or cultural practice. You aren't the only applicant who have been through operation and custody battle. As said either fly back in the Philippines, spend longer time with her or file CR-1.

Happy New Year!

macdre-209, I believe that the CO let the "meeting in person" requirement fly, if the situation is permanent e.g disability or cultural practice. You aren't the only applicant who have been through operation and custody battle. As said either fly back in the Philippines, spend longer time with her or file CR-1.

Agreed.good.gif

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Timeline

Sorry to hear about the denial. You can visit again your fiance and spend more time with her. Spending just 48 hours with your fiance is kinda an alarming to the CO. There are even those who spend more than just one visit and were put into AP/AR. If ever everything fall not in favor with you, then you can maybe come and visit your fiance then get married and file for spousal visa. Keep the faith!! :) :)

Picture4.jpg

Picture5.jpg

----------------------------------------

K-1 Journey (I-129F)

09/10/2010 ----- Filing date of I-129 F

09/22/2010 ----- NOA 1

02/22/2011 ----- Case being adjudicated

02/28/2011 ----- RFE, Waiver to file 2nd K-1 petition

03/04/2011 ----- RFE reply sent

03/08/2011 ----- RFE received and being reviewed at USCIS

03/17/2011 ----- NOA2 (I-129F approved)

03/23/2011 ----- NOA2 hard copy received

03/29/2011 ----- NVC received our Case

04/04/2011 ----- NVC letter received and case forwarded to US embassy Manila

04/08/2011 ----- US Embassy Manila received our case (Consulate)

04/15/2011 ----- Paid VISA at BPI

04/16/2011 ----- Received Eligibility Letter from US Embassy Manila dated April 8, 2011

04/25/2011 ----- 1st day of Medical

04/26/2011 ----- 2nd day of Medical (I PASSED!! Thank you Lord!!)

05/13/2011 ----- Interview (221g - Case under Administrative Processing "AP")

08/12/2011 ----- Received an email from the embassy "Case is pending review by a consular officer"

----------------------------------------

My blog: All about my writings and essays

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Go back spend more time together, if it works get married and re apply. Good Luck. 48 hrs does not seem like much time to me.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

Forgetting all the visa requirements for the moment, you only met her for 48 hours? And that is the basis for getting married? In my opinion, any woman willing to leave family, friends and a way of life to be with a man she knows for only this short period of time.....I don't know man. I just don't know.Maybe the CO is doing you a favor?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

You only knew this person for 48 hours, which means that you dont no her at all. So I think you can forget about ever getting that approved and go marry her , and file CR-1. Nothing else will help you not even a lawyer.

Timeline

You only knew this person for 48 hours, which means that you dont no her at all. So I think you can forget about ever getting that approved and go marry her , and file CR-1. Nothing else will help you not even a lawyer.

Actually I met her 3 days before I left the Philippines and We spent 2 of those 3 days together, which the requirement's state, Meet in person within 2 years, pictures, e-mails, facebook screen shots, wedding band receipts submitted. I would agree with You except I didn't come back and file in 1 week or even 1 month more like 10 months later I filed after getting to know her. Relationship as defined is involvement, I'm helping to support her 100% so there's a clear relationship, submitted all receipts, If they would have denied it based on there belief of immigration purpose I would except that more than not having a serious relationship. 2 scenarios #1.I'm handicapped and can't travel but I met My fiancee online I can file a hardship waiver so time spent together is not relevant. #2. I go to the Philippines meet My fiancee there stay for 1 month come back file a K1 visa what is the reason they give You 90 days to marry and see if it's going to work when she gets here? True it may not get approved, but it was a horrible reason and I will return there in March 2012. thank you for you comment

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.