Heracles

$342 million on a Stadium will people still suffering

34 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

And here I thought that it was FEMA that covered 90% of the $185.4 million for it.

Sept 10 I-129F sent to TSC

Interview - February 13th APPROVED! day 152

April 6 - wedding date day 204

Aug 22 - AOS interview date day 101-total days 342

Sept 29 - green card arrives, done until June 2008 day 140-total days 381

June 30 - I-751 mailed total days 1025

March 9 - Removal of Conditions approved! total days 1277

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just realized, I hope Alexandra (Alex+r) doesn't see this post. I was half asleep and used will instead of while :lol: in the heading

And here I thought that it was FEMA that covered 90% of the $185.4 million for it.

So it was USD..

90%!!! ######

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I just realized, I hope Alexandra (Alex+r) doesn't see this post. I was half asleep and used will instead of while :lol: in the heading

I actually opened the topic because I was drawn in by the strange spelling in the heading. :P

Timeline

I don't know much about FEMA, who determines how & where FEMA funds are distributed? Is it FEMA itself or the LA politicians that decided the stadium was worthy of the money rather than roads, houses, etc?

Sept 10 I-129F sent to TSC

Interview - February 13th APPROVED! day 152

April 6 - wedding date day 204

Aug 22 - AOS interview date day 101-total days 342

Sept 29 - green card arrives, done until June 2008 day 140-total days 381

June 30 - I-751 mailed total days 1025

March 9 - Removal of Conditions approved! total days 1277

Most people in the US would want a new stadium than better schools. So sad.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

In canada, they would rebuild the ice rink first!

04/13/06 - I-129F mailed

04/18/06 - NOA1

08/30/06 - NOA2

09/26/06 - received at NVC

09/27/06 - forwarded to consulate

20/11/06 - visa in my pocket!

14/01/07 - POE

13/04/07 - marriage

27/04/07 docs sent in for AOS, EAD, AP

26/06/07 - biometrics appointment

02/17/07 - AP and EAD arrive

03/03/08 - Infopass - where the heck is my AOS interview?? No one knows!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

In other situations where local cities (Seattle, Phx) have gotten the taxpayers to foot the bill for stadiums, I've been adamantly opposed. However, this stadium already existed, housed thousands of people after one of the biggest natural disasters in U.S. history, and condemning it would have cost millions in clean up. I think this was a good decision and when looking at the dollars per person - it's about $387, which is really isn't that much in comparison to the costs needed to rebuild the city.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Is it just the stadium we're talking about here? Seems to me that to "fix" it in such a way that it could once again host major sporting events, its inevitable that the surrounding infrastructure (roads, transport linkages etc) would have to be fixed as well.

But that's just stating the obvious.

Filed: Timeline

I have N.O. friends who were glad to see last night happen.

As one said:

"There are many homes completely repaired in new orleans. and thousands completely ruined. But repairing the superdome brings millions of dollars into new orleans so it is good for everyone that it was fixed early."

and

"The fact that it has returned has really lifted the spirits of many new orleanians - a little piece of "home" is back."

Edited by devilette

In other situations where local cities (Seattle, Phx) have gotten the taxpayers to foot the bill for stadiums, I've been adamantly opposed. However, this stadium already existed, housed thousands of people after one of the biggest natural disasters in U.S. history, and condemning it would have cost millions in clean up. I think this was a good decision and when looking at the dollars per person - it's about $387, which is really isn't that much in comparison to the costs needed to rebuild the city.

In many cities they want a shiny 'new' stadium to replace an older perfectly serviceable one. I have a problem with that.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

it's football baby.....

i guess, they could have given the $$$ to haliburton like before for trailers, not used..

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

In many cities they want a shiny 'new' stadium to replace an older perfectly serviceable one. I have a problem with that.

I do too and when I first saw this posted, my initial reaction was the same. I absolutely hate when teams want cities to pay for stadiums with tax money and threaten to move the team elsewhere if they don't get what they want. In this case, that is not the situation, IMO.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I saw this on ESPN last night I think. I was pretty surprised to see communities that no one could even return to because they were totally destroyed and still are however they were able to build or work on the huge stadium. That's stinky!

Timeline

I do too and when I first saw this posted, my initial reaction was the same. I absolutely hate when teams want cities to pay for stadiums with tax money and threaten to move the team elsewhere if they don't get what they want. In this case, that is not the situation, IMO.

Please also factor the $15 million given from the NFL to speed up the rebuilding of the stadium.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.