mosha1972

RFE for evidence already sent with 1-130 form

16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I'm at my wits end, I filed in May this year and had not heard anything so, on the week of the 6th month I called USCIS and asked for an inquiry,That was on Monday the 14th.on Tuesday the 15th not even 24hrs after I placed the call I received a notice of RFE.I finally received the letter in the mail yesterday and I was shocked to see a 3 page RFE, and all of the evidence that they are requesting is what I had already included in my 1-130 packet. I have been married for 3 yrs now and haved lived in Egypt with my husband for the first 2 yrs. I had also had my daughter living abroad with us as well and going to school there. I sent everything atleast a hundred pics, emails, government documents showing my husband on my Insurance ( while I was still working before I left for Egypt) my IRA and life insurance as well as copies of both my daughters and my passports showing residency in Egypt. I had notorized staements from friends and family, telephone records and tickets for each of the 3 trips we made to Egypt. ( showing that we came home for a few months and then went back.) I'm a little confused as how they need all of these documents again and terrified because much of what I sent were origional copies and I can't obtain them again.I Is this common for them to do this to people? and if so do we have any rights? I honestly feel as though the fact that I made an inquiry made someone mad so they just sent it out to shut me up.If anyone has any suggestions on what I should do I would greatly appreciate it....Thanks!

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Sorry to hear about your situation, but it is not really common to happen like this. I will suggest you to call and speak to their executive and tell them about your situation, doc that you have sent. Because sometimes may be, they can send alot of common copy-paste response. In RFE thread, I saw someone to upload all those 3 pages RFE, I was shocked.

But will suggest you to speak with them.

During I-130 process, you are not required to send the original doc. When your case is forwarded to NVC, then beneficially would need to send original documents as they require - like marriage certificate, birth certificate, PCC, divorce decree, etc etc based on the situation.

So go ahead and call them.

Hope it helps.

XrVRp5.png

Timeline

I'm at my wits end, I filed in May this year and had not heard anything so, on the week of the 6th month I called USCIS and asked for an inquiry,That was on Monday the 14th.on Tuesday the 15th not even 24hrs after I placed the call I received a notice of RFE.I finally received the letter in the mail yesterday and I was shocked to see a 3 page RFE, and all of the evidence that they are requesting is what I had already included in my 1-130 packet. I have been married for 3 yrs now and haved lived in Egypt with my husband for the first 2 yrs. I had also had my daughter living abroad with us as well and going to school there. I sent everything atleast a hundred pics, emails, government documents showing my husband on my Insurance ( while I was still working before I left for Egypt) my IRA and life insurance as well as copies of both my daughters and my passports showing residency in Egypt. I had notorized staements from friends and family, telephone records and tickets for each of the 3 trips we made to Egypt. ( showing that we came home for a few months and then went back.) I'm a little confused as how they need all of these documents again and terrified because much of what I sent were origional copies and I can't obtain them again.I Is this common for them to do this to people? and if so do we have any rights? I honestly feel as though the fact that I made an inquiry made someone mad so they just sent it out to shut me up.If anyone has any suggestions on what I should do I would greatly appreciate it....Thanks!

event.png

Timeline

******Note For Mod*****

Please merge this duplicate thread - http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/339471-rfe-for-evidence-already-sent-with-1-130-form/

Thank you!

XrVRp5.png

Timeline

Thank you for taking the time to advise me, really I have been going crazy since yesterday waiting for Monday morning to come. I mean I sent them 2 1/2 pounds of proof...Over kill I know but,I would think that would be sufficient..I just hope it all didn't get lost somewhere along the way.Thanks again!

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

sorry...i'm new to this so I don't know what I'm doing yet...how do I merge the duplicate thread?

the mods will merge the topics together

as far as the RFE send everything you can again. If you send anything make copies... did you not make a copy of the packet itself and everything you sent in? If not, from here on forward you should make a copy of the entire packet you send so that if they request something again you will have it in the packet you copied. AND send a copy of each packet with your husband for his interview so he can also take these in case the CO asks for something already sent in. (this happened to my husband and they couldnt find something in their file, so my husband went thru his and pulled it out and showed them)

That's really all you can do is send as much as you can *everything* they are asking for and if you don't have it you need to explain why.. that you already sent in the originals etc... from now on keep originals for the NVC and always get certified copies before sending...

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Thank you for taking the time to advise me, really I have been going crazy since yesterday waiting for Monday morning to come. I mean I sent them 2 1/2 pounds of proof...Over kill I know but,I would think that would be sufficient..I just hope it all didn't get lost somewhere along the way.Thanks again!

So your initial packet was 2 1/2 pounds? That's why you were RFE'd. They don't have the time or inclination to go through and find what they want and need so they RFE you for it so they don't waste time. Overkill can also look suspicious, like you're overcompensating.

Timeline

So your initial packet was 2 1/2 pounds? That's why you were RFE'd. They don't have the time or inclination to go through and find what they want and need so they RFE you for it so they don't waste time. Overkill can also look suspicious, like you're overcompensating.

+1, for my I-130 package, I only added necessary doc, and I only added up to 8 pictures of my darling and me.

XrVRp5.png

Timeline

though it was over kill it was very organized and it contained all of what they had stated which was needed to prove we had a bona fide marriage. It was my impression that more was better and seeing we did live abroad we had lots of evidence of that. I am just surprised that they are asking for everything that they already have, If I fulfill their request for the 3 page RFE it will be just about as big as the last.

event.png

Timeline

though it was over kill it was very organized and it contained all of what they had stated which was needed to prove we had a bona fide marriage. It was my impression that more was better and seeing we did live abroad we had lots of evidence of that. I am just surprised that they are asking for everything that they already have, If I fulfill their request for the 3 page RFE it will be just about as big as the last.

Understand your situation, but best thing is to call to them to get more accurate answers, and you can explain your situation.

I also have to call to NVC this morning to check whether I got real/false RFE .

XrVRp5.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** Two topics on the same question merged. In future, if you'd like topics merged, please use the little yellow Report icon (looks like an open lock) on the left under the poster's name, as this is the only way to be sure a moderator sees your request. I only came across this post by accident, we moderators cannot read every post in every forum and rely on VJwers to report issues and requests. Thank you! *****

Edited by Penguin_ie

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

+1, for my I-130 package, I only added necessary doc, and I only added up to 8 pictures of my darling and me.

In my I130 packet, aside from the forms, where they ask for proof of a bonafide marriage, all I sent in were about 9 pics of me and my hubby with our families/alone, at our wedding and a few extras. Was this sufficient in your opinion? I don't have any legal documents with my husband yet as we just got married an I also didn't prepare sworn affidavits from family and friends, should I have?

USCIS

Sept. 22, 2011 - NOA1

March 13, 2012 - NOA2 (via text/email)

NVC

March 19, 2012 - Case received at NVC (in building)

April 02, 2012 - Received case #, IIN, submitted email addresses

April 03, 2012 - AOS bill invoiced & paid; 'IN PROCESS'

April 03, 2012 - emailed DS-3032

April 04, 2012 - AOS fee cleared from bank account

April 06, 2012 - DS-3032 acceptance email received

April 10, 2012 - AOS payment 'PAID'; AOS package sent

April 16, 2012 - AOS accepted/completed

April 25, 2012 - IV bill invoiced & paid; 'IN PROCESS'

April 27, 2012 - IV payment 'PAID'; IV package sent

May 01, 2012 - NVC case complete!!!

May 09, 2012 - Received interview notification email

May 10, 2012 - Case was sent to embassy

May 16, 2012 - Medical Appointment

June 04, 2012 - Approved

Timeline

In my I130 packet, aside from the forms, where they ask for proof of a bonafide marriage, all I sent in were about 9 pics of me and my hubby with our families/alone, at our wedding and a few extras. Was this sufficient in your opinion? I don't have any legal documents with my husband yet as we just got married an I also didn't prepare sworn affidavits from family and friends, should I have?

Should be enough. In my I-130, I added 3 affidavits from close friends & father-in-law.

XrVRp5.png

Timeline

Should be enough. In my I-130, I added 3 affidavits from close friends & father-in-law.

Thanks alot! I suppose if it wasn't enough I'll find out soon.

USCIS

Sept. 22, 2011 - NOA1

March 13, 2012 - NOA2 (via text/email)

NVC

March 19, 2012 - Case received at NVC (in building)

April 02, 2012 - Received case #, IIN, submitted email addresses

April 03, 2012 - AOS bill invoiced & paid; 'IN PROCESS'

April 03, 2012 - emailed DS-3032

April 04, 2012 - AOS fee cleared from bank account

April 06, 2012 - DS-3032 acceptance email received

April 10, 2012 - AOS payment 'PAID'; AOS package sent

April 16, 2012 - AOS accepted/completed

April 25, 2012 - IV bill invoiced & paid; 'IN PROCESS'

April 27, 2012 - IV payment 'PAID'; IV package sent

May 01, 2012 - NVC case complete!!!

May 09, 2012 - Received interview notification email

May 10, 2012 - Case was sent to embassy

May 16, 2012 - Medical Appointment

June 04, 2012 - Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.