jim & faith

Called the USCIS Hotline: What do they say about waiting?

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello, Its me first time to write a topic and I feel that this is worth discussing since a lot of us are anxious waiting and most probably are calling the USCIS hotline. =)

My fiancé and I made it a point to call the USCIS a least once a month. We are on our third month now since we got our NOA1 on August 11. First 2 calls were okay.. they said the total wait time was 5 months. And that the processing of our papers were going smooth, nothing to worry about.

But the third call...... man that was a shocker, the officer said the wait time bumped up to 9 months??? I felt like crying.. I can not believe it. what does this mean???????

Has anyone had this same issue or is this officer just exaggerating? Id like to think that he is. LOL

Feel free to put in your comments and experience about this. Thank you and I wish everyone well.. =)

Timeline

But the third call...... man that was a shocker, the officer said the wait time bumped up to 9 months??? I felt like crying.. I can not believe it. what does this mean???????

Just divert your mind into something else. Calling them and thinking about it too much will drive you nuts.

How soon did you receive your notification? K-1 Philippines applicants- CLICK HERE

Happy New Year!

Hi Jim and Faith,

I haven't been ringing USCIS,so I can't speak on the veracity of the information, I have just figured we all just gotta wait. Most folks wait till the 5 months mark, when the website advertises that they are processing within the 5 months goal time. Then they ask for a service request, as in, why is it over 5 months. :crying:

VSC is currently operating on target, within 5 months, according to the USCIS website. There are still people on here who are over 6 months and wondering...So it is not likely that the wait is 9 months, but it isn't impossible either. Read around on the forums for a bit and start to get a feel for how long others are waiting. then you can add a pinch of salt, and guess at when yours might come through...

Welcome and enjoy the wait - you will never be who you are, doing this, ever again! :star:

AOS Timeline
Filed 15th June, 2012
NOA date 18th June
Bio appt 20th July
Transferred to CSC 21st July, 2012
EAD/AP approved 27th August.
Received Green Card 6th October. No Interview. Amazing!
Thanks for all the help, see you again in June 2014

ROC Timeline

Mailed Package 30th June 2014

I-797 received 5th July, 2014

Biometrics Appointment 07/30/2014.

Timeline

Hi Jim and Faith,

I haven't been ringing USCIS,so I can't speak on the veracity of the information, I have just figured we all just gotta wait. Most folks wait till the 5 months mark, when the website advertises that they are processing within the 5 months goal time. Then they ask for a service request, as in, why is it over 5 months. :crying:

VSC is currently operating on target, within 5 months, according to the USCIS website. There are still people on here who are over 6 months and wondering...So it is not likely that the wait is 9 months, but it isn't impossible either. Read around on the forums for a bit and start to get a feel for how long others are waiting. then you can add a pinch of salt, and guess at when yours might come through...

Welcome and enjoy the wait - you will never be who you are, doing this, ever again! :star:

thank you.. I've been reading a lot from the forum and been checkin on the VJ timelines and I see that most people get their NOA2s on their 4th month of wait. I just think that 9 months is too much specially if you don't go thru any trouble at all.. I mean if the process goes smoothly without RFEs and stuff like that. =) u think?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Hello, Its me first time to write a topic and I feel that this is worth discussing since a lot of us are anxious waiting and most probably are calling the USCIS hotline. =)

My fiancé and I made it a point to call the USCIS a least once a month. We are on our third month now since we got our NOA1 on August 11. First 2 calls were okay.. they said the total wait time was 5 months. And that the processing of our papers were going smooth, nothing to worry about.

Has anyone had this same issue or is this officer just exaggerating? Id like to think that he is. LOL

Feel free to put in your comments and experience about this. Thank you and I wish everyone well.. =)

Just out of courisity, why have you been calling USCIS? Your timeline states your petition was filed only 3 months ago, so what were you hoping to acheive by contacting USCIS?

Expect your approval in 5 or so months. If it comes early then it is a bonus. If not, then at least you were prepared for the wait from the beginning.

Contacting USCIS has always been and will always be a waste of time - UNLESS your petition has not been approved in the posted waiting time. Even then it is difficult at best to get USCIS to pick up the pace by calling them.

The bottom line is that the petition will be approved when it is approved.

K-1 JOURNEY

157 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO NOA-2

181 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO INTERVIEW

07/14/2011 - I-129F sent via FedEx to USCIS
07/15/2011 - Arrived at CSC, signed for by E. Jameson
07/15/2011 - NOA-1 (E-Mail)
07/19/2011 - NOA-1 (Hard Copy)
08/01/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - NOA-2 (E-Mail)
12/22/2011 - X-Ray
12/22/2011 - Lab Work
12/23/2011 - NOA-2 (Hard Copy)
12/27/2011 - NVC Received
12/28/2011 - San Jose Embassy Case Number Assigned
12/29/2011 - NVC Sent Petition via DHL to Embassy
12/30/2011 - Embassy Received Petition, signed for by J. Rodriguez
01/04/2011 - Medical
01/09/2011 - Packet 3 Received
01/12/2011 - Embassy Interview - Approved
01/19/2011 - Visa Received
01/21/2012 - POE (Ft. Lauderdale, FL - USA)
01/23/2012 - SSA Issued Fresy's SSN
02/18/2012 - Wedding

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Life is not measured by the breaths you take. Rather, life is measured by the moments that take your breath away!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

I've been reading a lot from the forum and been checkin on the VJ timelines and I see that most people get their NOA2s on their 4th month of wait.

I've never seen this as typical. Perhaps it might be an idea for you to make a little list with tally marks on it to see if you are seeing what you wish for instead of what is actually there.

Also, keep in mind that this forum has been online for some time and there have been changes. It appears to me, also that about 5 years ago, the wait time for the NOA2 was much shorter. Always check the date on any post you read--old ones must be taken with a grain of salt because of all the new stuff.

Your file is most likely in a box on a shelf with several others waiting until someone has gotten to it. It is the nature of the beast.

Perú's K-1 embassy packet can be viewed in our photos.
Travel Tips for Perú (& South America)
Our Immigration Experience
Seat Guru Flight seating!
Airport Processing Times - http://awt.cbp.gov/
POE-Houston? Pictures and info.....POE-Houston (other languages)....

Attention NEW K-1 Filers: (2012) Possible 1st year costs = Possibly 3K+$ for first year including fees for mailing, documents, supplies, etc.. NOT including travel costs. Process: 1.)Apply-340$ 2.)RFE? 3.) Med-300??$ 4.)Interview-350$ 5.)Surrender passport. 6.)Get Visa. 7.)Fly here. 8.) Marry in 90 days. 9.) Submit apps to stay, work, & travel-1070$ 10.) Biometrics-More fingerprinting 11.) GREENCARD ISSUED APR 9TH, 2013-11 MONTHS FOR AOS!
I've lived in Houston for 10 years. If you have any questions about the city, please message me. :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Maybe the USCIS guy meant 9 months for the whole process (NOA 1 to interview)? Just a thought.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

There is No such thing as a USCIS Hotline.

Dial 911 and say you want to talk to an Immigration Officer Immediately.

Be prepared to be on hold for months..

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

Ive waited 3 months too. We have never called. The more people call, the less time they will have to process cases..

(that's how I see it!)

Once the 5th month passes, you can call, but anything before that, is a waste of your..-and our time :(

I know the wait is long.. trust me, not a day goes by without me feeling completely helpless and tired of the process, however, we are all in the same boat!

Good luck everybody!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I called myself today. They said it was ok since I passed the 5 month average waiting period this week. They said they would notify csc and have them look into it. If I heard nothing in 15 days to call back and they gave me a confirmation number. I think they want you to wait until your pass the 5 months before you call. They were very nice to me.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Honduras
Timeline

jim & faith,

My boyfriends too called last time and the ofitial USC said they are review months March and April,he called two times,the first time they said all is okay they is watching everything,the second time said they review the monts M-A But the man said too: you have the number for to check ur case status and, he was mad told me my boyfriends,maybe they is tired everybody call and ask the same always,is better u boyfriends review and stop call,we have now 5 months 3 wk and not have answer about NOA 2,this is confused cause every case is diferente and sometimes is more fast and slow too,we need be strong and true God

We never called USCIS. We got approved within 90 days including saturdays and Sundays.....yes.gif

I even not think about it after we submitted it because I marked 5 months so we will not be stressful of waiting. But surprisingly it was earlier than we expected.

Hope you have your NOA2 soon. God bless.

IR-5 Timeline (Petitioning my mother from the Philippines)

01/06/2017 - Mailed Petition to Arizona Lockbox via USPS certified mail - Paid: $4 and change

01/09//2017 - Petition was received (Priority Date)

01/16/2017 - Received  text and email notification that case was accepted and routed to Texas Service Center

01/20//2017 - Received NOA1 in the mail (Form I-179c)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.