hcfrey

so worried now :(

33 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi again VJ members, my fiance just sent our package today to USCIS, i asked friends about how much is the fee for I-129f, some said 340usd some said 350usd and they also sent me link that showing 340usd and 350usd on the other link, so i told to my fiance to just put 350usd to make sure, i know i am stupid to think that is ok, then i was researching this morning and found out that it is really 340usd and the Visa application is the 350usd and i read this ("The Lockbox can not accept overpayment and make partial refunds") it was too late for me to tell him to change the amount on his check, does is mean they wont accept the petition? or they will accept it? we don't care about we are over by 10 dollars, but i am so worried now. need advice what to do... :help:

Timeline

hi again VJ members, my fiance just sent our package today to USCIS, i asked friends about how much is the fee for I-129f, some said 340usd some said 350usd and they also sent me link that showing 340usd and 350usd on the other link, so i told to my fiance to just put 350usd to make sure, i know i am stupid to think that is ok, then i was researching this morning and found out that it is really 340usd and the Visa application is the 350usd and i read this ("The Lockbox can not accept overpayment and make partial refunds") it was too late for me to tell him to change the amount on his check, does is mean they wont accept the petition? or they will accept it? we don't care about we are over by 10 dollars, but i am so worried now. need advice what to do... :help:

i mean does it mean they wont accept the petition or they will?

i mean does it mean they wont accept the petition or they will?

No, they will not accept the petition. It will be returned, with the check, for the overpayment. You will have to refile with the appropriate payment at that time.

PS: Since you are just beginning your journey, a word of caution. Always, always, I say again ALWAYS, go to the applicable US GOV website to verify everything you do. The best way to lose a friend, is to believe what they say, without verifying it, during your VISA journey :D

No, they will not accept the petition. It will be returned, with the check, for the overpayment. You will have to refile with the appropriate payment at that time.

PS: Since you are just beginning your journey, a word of caution. Always, always, I say again ALWAYS, go to the applicable US GOV website to verify everything you do. The best way to lose a friend, is to believe what they say, without verifying it, during your VISA journey :D

Super agreed..good.gif

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Timeline

hahahaahah,, relax lang sis, anobayan ngayon ng filed na sis fiance ng bulilyaso pa hehehe,, VINCE

oo nga eh nakakaloka talaga!!!! weeeeeh, i am so stupid sis, so stupid, i know from the very start na it was 340usd but i didn't listen to my instinct, naniwala pa rin ako na tumaas na sya ng 10 dollars, i am so stupid tlaga grrrrrrrrrrr

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

Don't worry, it's only a small setback. You'll just send everything one more time. Good luck with your journey! Hope the rest goes smoothly after this little setback.

9/21/10--I-129F mailed to Dallas

9/29/10--NOA1 (email and text message)

9/29/10--Check cashed

10/1/10--NOA1 hardcopy received (dated 9/27 and sent to VSC)

10/3/10--Touched (everyone touched)

10/4/10--Touched!

04/19/11-NOA2!! (FINALLY! After 204 days)

Major change of plans - the wait was too long for us and I ended up moving to Croatia in June 2011.

Married 06/09/12 <3

9/3/12 - I-130 NOA1

Check out my blog about long distance love, expat life, cooking, healthy living... http://dreamofhometonight.blogspot.com

oo nga eh nakakaloka talaga!!!! weeeeeh, i am so stupid sis, so stupid, i know from the very start na it was 340usd but i didn't listen to my instinct, naniwala pa rin ako na tumaas na sya ng 10 dollars, i am so stupid tlaga grrrrrrrrrrr

Ok lang yan sis,, ndi naman din natin alam db kong ng mahal ba or hindi :)

Timeline

just wondering once they return it to my fiance, do you have any idea how long before he can have it? he's using a FPO AP address, if they are going to send it back we want to send it back right away with the proper amount on his check :-)

Timeline

The petition will be rejected and returned. He can write a new check for the correct amount $340, and send it back. You are worried about the wrong thing.

Here is what you should worry about...

Your fiance did not know the correct amount to send and sent it using the logic of "too much is better than not enough" This is wrong. In many ways. I am guessing that it may have not been the only mistake he made. Just guessing. Did he have a CENOMAR from you? A signed letter of intent from you? A signed G-325a from you? Passport photos? Was all that included, translated if needed?

It will be a couple weeks before he gets it back so I suggest that HE come to this site and READ the instructions for the form I-129f and the guides on how to file a petition for a fiancee. Ask questions and get correct answers before sending it again. This will save you time in the long run. The correct amount to send is listed in the instructions

Do not send it back until you are sure everything else is correct. When the amount of the check you sent is wrong it indicates TWO things

1. No one read the instructions

2. Without reading the instructions it is virtually impossible to do this correctly

hi... :) yes everything is in the package it is just the check was wrong,i sent him my CENOMAR,birth certificate, my G-325a, letter of intent and 2x2 passport-type photo and it is all signed and dated, and on his part he did good also he followed the steps on VJ information, we got confused of the visa fee that is 350 and the I-129f filing fee is 340, you are right i was thinking over is good, now we have no choice but to wait.. thank you for the information. :D

Timeline

You do not have to wait to get it back. Just assumble and send in with the right amount.

--------------------------------

Priorty Date: June 22, 2011

Interview Sept. 7, 2012

Visa in hand, Sept 15, 2012

Timeline

I am not aware of a requirement for a CENOMAR with the I-129F. I know it is needed at the interview, but where is it required for the I-129F?

Thanks.

--------------------------------

Priorty Date: June 22, 2011

Interview Sept. 7, 2012

Visa in hand, Sept 15, 2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.