PantomimeGoose

Petition to impose time limits on visa processing

15 posts in this topic

Hey All,

The new "We the People" petitioning website is up at whitehouse.gov I created one, requesting that the government impose shorter processing times on IR/CR visas, or allow families to be reunited in the US while visas are pending. If we get 25,000 signatures this month, the administration will take it under review!

http://wh.gov/2aH

If for some reason the link doesn't work, the header is "Impose strict time limits on IR-1/CR-1 visa processing, so that Citizens are not unjustly torn apart from their families" at https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions#!/

If you believe in it, sign it, FB it, tweet it! It's too late for most of us, but nobody should have to go through what we've all gone through.

Filed: Timeline

You got my vote on this, I am Active Duty. Been in service for 4.5 years, wear our Flag on my shoulder every morning. Been in two different Combat Zones, ive done everything that our country could ask me for AND YET I STILL HAVE TO DEAL WITH THIS " They still wanted my wife to bring proof of on going relationship"

Sometimes I feel shamed when I hear issues like such. How our own citizens are being treated.

Edited by gtvapsamtik

I hear you guys. I was also wondering why the US Embassy is prioritizing K-1 visas over IR-1/CR-1 when in fact they should allow families to be reunited in the states at the shortest possible processing time. Its really hard to be away from our loved ones especially when we have kids.

IR-1

----------

USCIS Stage: (164 days)

Jul 05, 2011 - NOA-1

Dec 16, 2011 - NOA-2

NVC Stage: (46 days)

Dec 19, 2011 - NVC Received

Jan 10, 2012 - Case Number & IIN assigned

Jan 11, 2012 - Emailed DS-3032

Jan 12, 2012 - AOS invoice received

Jan 13, 2012 - AOS paid (Only appeared as PAID on 1.17.2012)

Jan 14, 2012 - DS-3032 accepted

Jan 17, 2012 - IV invoice received & paid

Jan 22, 2012 - Mailed AOS & IV packages to NVC

Jan 30, 2012 - RFE/Checklist for I-864

Feb 01, 2012 - Mailed the IRS tax transcripts to NVC

Feb 03, 2012 - Case complete!!!

Thank you, Lord.

US Embassy, Manila:

Feb 11, 2012 - Email received for Interview Date

Feb 21, 2012 - Medical

Mar 06, 2012 - Interview Date (Approved but 221g pending NBI with AKA)

Mar 14, 2012 - Sent a new NBI with AKA to US Embassy via 2Go

Mar 26, 2012 - Issued VISA :)Thank you Lord!

Mar 30, 2012 - Visa Received!!! You are the best LORD!

I think a lot of people on here agree that the process doesn't work as it should, whether feeling that it's unconstitutional, or too slow, or too expensive, or too few resources are devoted to legal immigration, or that the regulations in place actually incentivize certain types of fraud by punishing those who try to follow the law.

I know this is an uphill battle, but it's definitely time that the government heard the voices of those of us who have tried to do what is right.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I think a lot of people on here agree that the process doesn't work as it should, whether feeling that it's unconstitutional, or too slow, or too expensive, or too few resources are devoted to legal immigration, or that the regulations in place actually incentivize certain types of fraud by punishing those who try to follow the law.

I know this is an uphill battle, but it's definitely time that the government heard the voices of those of us who have tried to do what is right.

Just signed this.

Can't believe more people haven't signed this yet. Everyone on this forum should send a FB message or email to their friends and family explaining how this might help us be with our loved ones.

• June 2010 ~ Met
  • July 4, 201142.gif ~ Married
    USCIS
  • August 1, 2011 ~ I-130 Sent
  • August 4, 2011 ~ I-130 Package Received
  • August 8, 2011 ~ NOA1 Receipt
  • February 24, 2012 ~ NOA2 Receipt
    NVC
  • March 9, 2012 ~ Received Case #
  • March 13, 2012 ~ DS-261 Signed
  • March 14, 2012 ~ AOS Bill Paid
  • March 22, 2012 ~ IV Bill Paid
  • March 26, 2012 ~ NVC Case Complete
    CONSULATE
  • May 16, 2012 ~ Interview Date - Ciudad Juarez, Mexico
  • May 19, 2012 ~ Point of Entry into El Paso, TX, U.S.A.
  • June 4, 2012 ~ Green Card arrived in the mail

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

You got my vote on this, I am Active Duty. Been in service for 4.5 years, wear our Flag on my shoulder every morning. Been in two different Combat Zones, ive done everything that our country could ask me for AND YET I STILL HAVE TO DEAL WITH THIS " They still wanted my wife to bring proof of on going relationship"

Sometimes I feel shamed when I hear issues like such. How our own citizens are being treated.

We (petitioners/beneficiaries) all are held to the same standards. Seems fair doesn't it?

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Couldn't sign it fast enough. I hope we change things for the better so that people don't get punished for falling in love in the future.

Ready for my grand ol' timeline? Alrighty then!

10-05-10 - Married in California
06-13-11 - I-130 approved
10-13-11 - CASE COMPLETE!
12-02-11 - Interview - 221g due to a washed passport
12-17-11 - POE - YYC (preclearance in Canada)

2011 to 2013 - Life happened

06-26-13 - Divorce finalized

10-07-13 - I-751 divorce filer paperwork journey begins

07-03-14 - ROC interview - approval pending delayed background checks

07-25-14 - APPROVED! 10 year GC is finally in production!

08-01-14 - 10 year GC in hand. The journey has finally ended. :)

2014 to 2020 - Living paperwork-free and focused on me!

11-09-20 - N-400 filed online - welcome back VJ fam!

6-22-21 - Interview in Nashville, approved! And then...

6-22-21 - Pledge of Allegiance taken. Holy shirtballs I'm a US Citizen.

I've spent so many years in the loving arms of the USCIS, but now it's time to fledge. So long, my friends, may all your journeys also end on the doorstep of whatever you're searching for.

Just signed this.

Can't believe more people haven't signed this yet. Everyone on this forum should send a FB message or email to their friends and family explaining how this might help us be with our loved ones.

i believe there is another one of these petitions floating around here on vj because i signed it and posted it to my fb page i thought there was a lot more signatures then 28.

I hear you guys. I was also wondering why the US Embassy is prioritizing K-1 visas over IR-1/CR-1 when in fact they should allow families to be reunited in the states at the shortest possible processing time. Its really hard to be away from our loved ones especially when we have kids.

Exactly!! i am pretty sure that the time spent processing fiances first would probably account for the fact that typically AP is much longer for IR-1/CR-1. There is clearly something wrong when wives husbands and especially the children are separated from their parents while watching fiances interview long after you and get their visa in a week.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I signed the petition for my hubby, I think I was number 29. There's got to be a change. I really thought there would be a lot more signatures.

God Bless everyone for being so helpful and bringing encouragemnet and positivity to all of us who needs it.

:)

Always be grateful, thankful and appreciate what you have.

GVMack

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

signed it.it's been really hard raising our son by myself and my husband not being able to really be a part of his life and then just as were getting close to the end my husband gets deployed

signed it.it's been really hard raising our son by myself and my husband not being able to really be a part of his life and then just as were getting close to the end my husband gets deployed

Oh sooo sorry that is terrible news! My prayers are with all the single parents out there and inshallah maybe this all will change one day

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Signed and Facebooked.

06/05/2011 - Met on Gaming website

31/05/2011 - First Messenger Chat

25/06/2011 - First Phone Call

25/08/2011 - First Meeting (USA)

03/11/2011 - Second Meeting (USA)

27/11/2011 - ***Engaged***

17/01/2012 - ***Married***

==========

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

I'm definitely signing this petition. Not only for those of us that are currently on the process, but for others who will be going through the same process in the future. Thank you for the post. :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.