VetsWife328

Bank Questions

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

My Hubby to be wants to open up a new Checking account and the conditions from the Bank of America would satisfy his needs and desires in a Bank.Can anyone tell us if it would be possible for him to add me to his account next year when we've gotten married or will they cause problems?

Any info is welcome

Ty

Nat

Met on May 17,2005

Got engaged on Sep 15th,2006

Came to the US for good on Jan 27th,2009

and we got married on March 28th,2009

GOD , grant me the serenity

to accept the things I can not change

the courage to change the things I can

and the wisdom to know the difference!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

He should have no problem. My husband added me to his Bank of America accounts even before I had received my SSN and before we were married. I just provided the number to them when I received it. They hve actually been a great bank to deal with in very many ways. We are more than satisfied with their service.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

There's no problem. My hubby just added my name to all his accounts in Bank of America too. They just asked for my passport and SSN. Then marriage cert will be needed if you want to use your hubby's last name.

I had a problem to begin with. I had my ssn , passort. They would not let me have a joint banking account with my husband until i could give them my Texas ID with my picture on it. Since then i have opened a joint account with my husband. The bank has been very helpful since then.

Kath.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I was able to open my own Bank of America Savings and Checking account the day I got to the US without an SSN. I just showed my passport and that was all. When I received an SSN 5 weeks later, I called the bank and they updated their records. So I am sure being added to your husbands account won't be a problem.

The only 'problem' I had was that Bank of America/MBNA turned down my application for a credit card, but that was no surprise given that I have no credit history in the US, so I just got a secured credit card from another bank instead, put my name on our utility bills, plus got a credit account with Dell and once I have a credit history built up, I'll re-apply for a Bank of America/MBNA credit card.

Since I opened the Bank of America account, I am happy with their service.

Timeline

I-130

February 13, 2006: I-130 filed (US Embassy, Dublin, Ireland).

April 18, 2006: Interview date received.

May 02, 2006: Interview (US Embassy, Dublin, Ireland). Visa approved.

June 14, 2006: Moved to Charlotte, NC.

July 20, 2006: 'Welcome to the United States' letter received.

July 21, 2006: Applied for SSN.

July 29, 2006: SSN received.

September 05, 2006: 2 year Permanent Resident card received.

I-751

April 09, 2008: Mailed I-751 to TSC.

April 15, 2008: Check cashed.

April 16, 2008: Case transferred to VSC.

April 23, 2008: Biometrics appointment letter received.

May 10, 2008: Biometrics appointment.

June 28, 2008: Moved to Clearwater, FL (Filed AR-11 and I-865).

March 04,2009: 10 year Permanent Resident card production ordered.

March 13,2009: 10 year Permanent Resident card received.

N-400

April 24, 2009: Mailed N-400 to TX Lockbox.

April 30, 2009: NOA1 Notice date.

May 11, 2009: Biometrics appointment letter received.

May 16, 2009: Biometrics complete (walk-in).

June 04, 2009: Interview letter received.

July 23, 2009: Interview.

July 23, 2009: Oath. I am a US citizen!

I personally had nothing but issues with Bank of America, but I'm used to a small bank in my local area with completely free checking / savings, high interest payout, and good customer service, none of which BoA offered me.

Timeline of David's Petition to Remove Conditions:

08-01-2009 I-751 Mailed to VSC

09-01-2009 I-751 received at VSC

12-01-2009 Notice of Action/Receipt received

22-01-2009 Biometrics Appointment Notice received

06-02-2009 Biometrics Appointment in Newark, NJ

05-06-2009 Received notice that removal of conditions has been approved!

David's K1 Timeline Available here

David's AOS Timeline Available here

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Well my hubby to be could not get an acccount with them as of right now due to some problems caused by US Bank,BUT I can have a savings and checking account with the Bank of America even though I'm currently in the US on the VWP and do not yet have an SSN.All it takes is two valid forms of ID and the I 94 stamp in my Passport.

In fact we have an appointment with them today and I will open up an account with them TODAY !!

Which is great since that way my dear man can put oyur savings in my account which he does not have acces to.He's real good in spending money so that's why we found that solution for us.

I'm satisfied with their efforts to get me an account!

Nat

Met on May 17,2005

Got engaged on Sep 15th,2006

Came to the US for good on Jan 27th,2009

and we got married on March 28th,2009

GOD , grant me the serenity

to accept the things I can not change

the courage to change the things I can

and the wisdom to know the difference!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.