87 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

People, I'm not witholding information, nor he is witholding information, we trust each other. he would tell me if there was something more, so then we could think on how to fix it, or what to do. He wants this visa as much as I do. I do believe that US embassy in any country has a problem giving people visas (becuase US is the most immigrated country), even a very very small thing can cause a denial. If they will need to see 10 pictures (which they will not say), and you give them 8, they will deny. Their minds are narrow. I'm am not looking for reasons now, USCIS will tell me. TIME is my concern.

I thank everyone for participating in this topic. If anyone has any other information on how long does it take for USCIS to receive papers from the embassy, please write me a personal message. But my posts end here.

i know you said your posts end here but keep us informed to help others in the same situation and we know how you resolved it.

thanks and the best of luck to you :)

I-129F SENT............................................08/15/2011

NOA1 TEXT/EMAIL...................................08/22/2011

NOA2 TEXT/EMAIL. NO RFE.....................01/05/2012

NVC RECEIVED......................................01/21/2012

NVC LEFT...............................................01/24/2012

PACKET 3 RECEIVED..............................02/01/2012

PACKET 3 RETURNED.............................02/04/2012

MEDICAL................................................02/17/2012

DS-2001 MAILED.....................................02/23/2012

PACKET 4 RECEIVED..............................03/02/2012

INTERVIEW............................................03/14/2012 APPROVED

POE ATLANTA.........................................04/03/2012

AOS approved 3/29/13 after almost 10 months of waiting. No RFE's and no interview.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Here's what's popped into my head:

You guys have been together a long time, and you went to see him pretty often (in contrast to many other VJ couples). You have a comfortable income (again, no idea why they'd want a co-sponsor). You presented good evidence of your relationship. But maybe they were alarmed that he never went to see you? The way I'd see it as a C.O. is "If she makes good money, why can't she fly him to the U.S. for a visit?", or send him money to arrange his travel plans. If you keep that in mind and compare it to couples who see each other once or twice say within a year, and it's always the same person traveling upon the time of application.... and they get approved without issue.

I'm half Armenian, so I understand that culture has nothing to do with this denial. It's definitely a weird one, and it's cruel to accuse OP or her fiance of any lying or carpet sweeping. Their case was unusual from the beginning. Hajoghut'yun.

Edited by Gervl

USCIS

Jul 15/11 - Sent I-130 Package from Honolulu

Jul 18/11 - I-130 package received & signed for in Chicago
Jul 19/11 - Priority Date
Jul 21/11 - NOA1/USCIS Acceptance Confirmation received
Jul 29/11 - Received I-797C hard copy
Aug 4/11 - Touched
Feb 16/12 - NOA2 Approval (212 days since Priority Date)

NVC

Feb 28/12 - NVC Case Number, BIN & IIN Assigned, Optin E-mail for EP Sent

Mar 2/12 - DS-261 Submitted
Mar 5/12 - Electronic Processing Opt-in Accepted, AOS Invoiced & Paid
Mar 7/12 - NVC receive IV electronic package, AOS shows "Paid", AOS Package Sent
Mar 9/12 - IV Bill Invoiced & Paid
Mar 12/12 - AOS fee shows as "Not Paid - Rejected": Human error. AOS re-paid.
Mar 13/12 - IV is "Paid." Will have to be re-paid post imminent "Rejected" status. NVC e-mail "Checklist Cover Letter" asking for my $$$
Mar 14/12 - IV is "Rejected - Not Paid", Re-paid, AOS is "Paid"
Mar 16/12 - IV is "Paid", DS-260 submitted & Package sent
Mar 19/12 - IV Package Received
Mar 20/12 - Case Complete E-mail Received (21 days at NVC)

Final Steps

Apr 10/12 - Interview date assigned: May 9 @ 8:30AM

May 1/12 - Medical Date
May 9/12 - Interview result: Approved!
Jun 22/12 - POE
Jul 23/12 - SSN assigned
Aug 10/12 - Green card in hand

ROC

Mar 25/14 - ROC sent to CSC

Mar 28/14 - Package delivered to CSC

Apr 1/14 - Check cashed

Apr 3/14 - Received NOA1, Receipt Date: 3/28

Jun 15/14 - Move to San Diego

Jun 23/14 - RFE / Package sent: Aug 6, ETA Aug 8

Aug 22/14 - New Card in Production

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

You guys have been together a long time, and you went to see him pretty often (in contrast to many other VJ couples). You have a comfortable income (again, no idea why they'd want a co-sponsor). You presented good evidence of your relationship. But maybe they were alarmed that he never went to see you? The way I'd see it as a C.O. is "If she makes good money, why can't she fly him to the U.S. for a visit?",

:rofl: You are kidding right? :rofl:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Why is that so unreasonable? I've seen people get denied because their mothers coincidentally had the same maiden names, but zero blood relation. See, I'd understand if he was still doing his military service and unable to travel, or literally could not afford the time away from home. I've done it for my husband when he asked for help, and he also did it for me. It also shows that both parties are taking care of each other financially.

It's great when people make sarcastic responses without anything to back up their snotty attitude :rolleyes:

*Of course my suggestion could not be the only reason for a denial. Don't get mixed up. Something small and trite like that could be enough to push a demon adjudicator in the wrong direction if they have other underlying reasons.

Edited by Gervl

USCIS

Jul 15/11 - Sent I-130 Package from Honolulu

Jul 18/11 - I-130 package received & signed for in Chicago
Jul 19/11 - Priority Date
Jul 21/11 - NOA1/USCIS Acceptance Confirmation received
Jul 29/11 - Received I-797C hard copy
Aug 4/11 - Touched
Feb 16/12 - NOA2 Approval (212 days since Priority Date)

NVC

Feb 28/12 - NVC Case Number, BIN & IIN Assigned, Optin E-mail for EP Sent

Mar 2/12 - DS-261 Submitted
Mar 5/12 - Electronic Processing Opt-in Accepted, AOS Invoiced & Paid
Mar 7/12 - NVC receive IV electronic package, AOS shows "Paid", AOS Package Sent
Mar 9/12 - IV Bill Invoiced & Paid
Mar 12/12 - AOS fee shows as "Not Paid - Rejected": Human error. AOS re-paid.
Mar 13/12 - IV is "Paid." Will have to be re-paid post imminent "Rejected" status. NVC e-mail "Checklist Cover Letter" asking for my $$$
Mar 14/12 - IV is "Rejected - Not Paid", Re-paid, AOS is "Paid"
Mar 16/12 - IV is "Paid", DS-260 submitted & Package sent
Mar 19/12 - IV Package Received
Mar 20/12 - Case Complete E-mail Received (21 days at NVC)

Final Steps

Apr 10/12 - Interview date assigned: May 9 @ 8:30AM

May 1/12 - Medical Date
May 9/12 - Interview result: Approved!
Jun 22/12 - POE
Jul 23/12 - SSN assigned
Aug 10/12 - Green card in hand

ROC

Mar 25/14 - ROC sent to CSC

Mar 28/14 - Package delivered to CSC

Apr 1/14 - Check cashed

Apr 3/14 - Received NOA1, Receipt Date: 3/28

Jun 15/14 - Move to San Diego

Jun 23/14 - RFE / Package sent: Aug 6, ETA Aug 8

Aug 22/14 - New Card in Production

Filed: Timeline

You guys have been together a long time, and you went to see him pretty often (in contrast to many other VJ couples). You have a comfortable income (again, no idea why they'd want a co-sponsor). You presented good evidence of your relationship. But maybe they were alarmed that he never went to see you? The way I'd see it as a C.O. is "If she makes good money, why can't she fly him to the U.S. for a visit?", or send him money to arrange his travel plans. If you keep that in mind and compare it to couples who see each other once or twice say within a year, and it's always the same person traveling upon the time of application.... and they get approved without issue.

I'm half Armenian, so I understand that culture has nothing to do with this denial. It's definitely a weird one, and it's cruel to accuse OP or her fiance of any lying or carpet sweeping. Their case was unusual from the beginning. Hajoghut'yun.

This post was a little funny to me too. lol. However I assure you- money is no object. 1. he was in the army for 2 years. 2. Tourist visa in Armenia is given to about 10% of applicants (elite population). And if tourist visa is denied, forget about ever coming to America in any other way. For him it was 100% denial before the army (at his age he had to serve before living the country). So he never applied for that type of visa. But I would spend thousands if i had to.

guys, really? I'm not an ideot. I wish i had some way getting him here, he wishes as much. but it's not up to us most of the time.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline

My fiancé lives in Yerevan, she's been denied tourist visas 3/5 times that she applied. It's par for the course. They couldn't logically fault him for not visiting.

What were the questions and interview like? I'd love to know - there is so little data about the Yerevan embassy and my fiancé will have to deal with them in the coming months.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

I want to wish you luck with your case, this is an unfortunate situation. Please keep us posted on the case and how it turns out. All the best!

• I-129F Sent : 2011-09-15
  • I-129F Delivered:At 5:48 am on September 17, 2011 in DALLAS, TX 75266.
  • NOA1 Received: 2011-09-21
  • NOA2 Received: 2012-02-2
  • NVC Received: 2012-02-13
  • Packet 3 Received: 2012-2-28
  • Packet 3 Mailed to embassy: 2012-03-07
  • Packet4 Received: 2012-03-12
  • Interview Date: 2012-03-26
  • Interview Result: APPROVED!!
  • POE: Dublin: 2012-04-26
  •  
  • AOS Sent: 2012-07-20
  • EAD & AP Card received: 2012-11-05
  • AOS Approved: 2013-04-19
  • Conditional Green Card Received: 2013-04-27
  •  
  • I-751 Sent: 2015-02-17
  • NOA1 Received: 2015-02-18
  • RFE: 2015-09-16
  • Biometrics: 2015-04-02
  • Interview: N/A
  • Approval Date: 2015-10-15
  • Green Card Received: 2015-10-22
  •  
  • N-400 Submitted to USCIS: 2018-07-25
  • Interview Date: 2019-07-22
  • Interview Result: APPROVED!!
  • Oath Ceremony: 2019-08-22
  •  
  • US CITIZEN!!

Timeline

Maybe the problem is the cosponsor? Who is it? What is their relationship here? It's possible a CO could think, "the cosponsor is his uncle, not her family, maybe she is just helping him immigrate to the US as a favor to his family."

Oksana - did you find out whether Yerevan was considered a high fraud consulate?

Note to self: come hell or high water, be sure to attend fiancé's interview in Yerevan when it finally gets scheduled...

Maybe the problem is the cosponsor? Who is it? What is their relationship here? It's possible a CO could think, "the cosponsor is his uncle, not her family, maybe she is just helping him immigrate to the US as a favor to his family."

Oksana - did you find out whether Yerevan was considered a high fraud consulate?

Note to self: come hell or high water, be sure to attend fiancé's interview in Yerevan when it finally gets scheduled...

Co-sponsor is MY cousin. he does not have any family here

Timeline

Co-sponsor is MY cousin. he does not have any family here

please dont take this question to mean that i think your an idiot but when you submitted the information about the cosponsor did you supply all the required evidence to support the I-134 like W2, tax returns, pay slips etc??

AOS approved 3/29/13 after almost 10 months of waiting. No RFE's and no interview.

Timeline

please dont take this question to mean that i think your an idiot but when you submitted the information about the cosponsor did you supply all the required evidence to support the I-134 like W2, tax returns, pay slips etc??

According to the OP, the denial was because they felt the relationship was not legit. I would hope (I know, I can be naive) that if it were simply an issue of missing a document, that would have simply resulted in a request to provide that document.

without all that they would not even look at I-134, because the form by itself doesn't mean anything at all.

Timeline

According to the OP, the denial was because they felt the relationship was not legit. I would hope (I know, I can be naive) that if it were simply an issue of missing a document, that would have simply resulted in a request to provide that document.

yeah :) i just ask with the OP receiving a 221g asking for a cosponsor and i dont know if you only get one shot at getting it right at that point

without all that they would not even look at I-134, because the form by itself doesn't mean anything at all.

ok :) well best of luck anyway :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.