hoping4happiness

Egypt - Pregnant - Should She Tell Him?

37 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hmmm. Here our cats only steal the breath of infants and cause SIDS. :/ Really, the average felis domesticus falls into the 6-12lb range for a healthy house cat. We're talking strays, and not Maine ####### strays. So the physics are just against it. Cats being in the hospitals? Well yeah, I don't think that is particularly shocking, but if you're talking about one carrying off an infant... So you're saying it's going against the natural fear of humans probably because the rationale is it is starving. In order to carry a 6lb infant, it would be akin to killing a very large rabbit. It's not going to be healthy because it's starving and so we're going to assume you mean un-neutered male cats with the jowl strength intact for mating because otherwise, a female is just going to be unable to lift anything of that weight. If it's too heavy, which it would be, they would have to resort to one of two common behaviors-- drag it to a safe location to kill it and then they'd be munching on it very close by, -or- gut it to lighten the load then drag/carry it. A cat of any size could not carry an infant without dragging portions of it due to sheer size limitations. Either way, the only motivation would be to eat it. Unless, of course, there is the idea that the cats are actually agents of the black market stealing babies for agents. I mean really. This is complete silliness. Sorry to fixate on this but anyone who could believe that cats would regularly steal infants has spent zero time with an actual cat/feral cats and has limited ideas about the physical limitations involved in such a claim.

ETA: and clearly no way one could jump out the window carrying such a load.

Edited by julianna

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Rofl!!

I do believe someone has heard some crazy Egyptian rumors. Strays in hospitals - believable considering its Egypt. Strays carrying off babies - unbelievable and pretty much impossible.

"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Rofl!!

I do believe someone has heard some crazy Egyptian rumors. Strays in hospitals - believable considering its Egypt. Strays carrying off babies - unbelievable and pretty much impossible.

Makes me think of laser cats.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

The only thing my cats are guilty of is carrying off the fortune cookies off our table after we come home from a Chinese restaurant. Gotta love my kitties!

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Can you imagine Al Jazeera news: Cairo, Egypt- 4th Floor "Stray cat carrying baby, jumps out the window."

Edited by ~PalmTreeGurl~
10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

She should NOT tell him. She could be trapped there.

Well, more like "should she tell him YET"

Ok.... If a foreign woman is in Egypt, and pregnant with an Egyptian man's child, can he stop her from leaving the country? Should she tell him about it before or after she comes home?

Story:

My friend Alicia married an Egyptian man here in the USA about 3 years ago. Then she went over to Egypt with him for a "visit" to see his family. I've been getting emails from her regularly.

Well, now her husband is saying he misses his family, and he wants to stay there. But she doesn't want to live there. They've been there for like a month, and they are constantly fighting now. He is not changing his mind on this, and she told him she wants a divorce. But he does not want a divorce.

But the thing is, she recently discovered that she is pregnant with his baby... She hasn't told him yet. Its about 2 months along. She found out a little late because she didn't get any symptoms, other than skipped periods.

Anyway, she is coming back to the USA without him (going back to work), so they can both think about everything. But she is wondering if she should tell him about the pregnancy before or after she leaves? And if he could stop her, since she's his wife, and she's carrying his child. She's thinking if she tells him before, it might make him want to come home with her. But she also doesn't know what the law would say about it, if they would say anything.

i don't get it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Can you imagine Al Jazeera news: Cairo, Egypt- 4th Floor "Stray cat carrying baby, jumps out the window."

Well, if it gets the same space/page/column size as the story of the foreign lass telling her estranged husband she's pregnant, and the subsequent beating he gave her, then yes, I can imagine.

This stuff (cats and beatings of estranged foreign wives) just doesn't make page 1 headlines news, or even the first 20 minutes of a 30 minute video news program.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.