hoping4happiness

Egypt - Pregnant - Should She Tell Him?

37 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Well, more like "should she tell him YET"

Ok.... If a foreign woman is in Egypt, and pregnant with an Egyptian man's child, can he stop her from leaving the country? Should she tell him about it before or after she comes home?

Story:

My friend Alicia married an Egyptian man here in the USA about 3 years ago. Then she went over to Egypt with him for a "visit" to see his family. I've been getting emails from her regularly.

Well, now her husband is saying he misses his family, and he wants to stay there. But she doesn't want to live there. They've been there for like a month, and they are constantly fighting now. He is not changing his mind on this, and she told him she wants a divorce. But he does not want a divorce.

But the thing is, she recently discovered that she is pregnant with his baby... She hasn't told him yet. Its about 2 months along. She found out a little late because she didn't get any symptoms, other than skipped periods.

Anyway, she is coming back to the USA without him (going back to work), so they can both think about everything. But she is wondering if she should tell him about the pregnancy before or after she leaves? And if he could stop her, since she's his wife, and she's carrying his child. She's thinking if she tells him before, it might make him want to come home with her. But she also doesn't know what the law would say about it, if they would say anything.

Edited by hoping4happiness

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Salam

hmmmm,,

either she would stay or not

the baby not belong to her only ,,they both having it

so better to tell him NOW before its late and the problem get bigger with innocnt baby didnt come yet to life

he would be happy of know he going to be a father

but if she delayed telling him that would be hurtful and cheating

so my advise to her yes tell him and the best will happen from allah

and to put her self in the father position would she like something as this to happen to her?

best wishes and congrats for the baby

huda.jpg

tvquran_16.gif

My Visajourney

Our Marriage: (2008)

Date I-130 Sent : ( 2009-10-14)

Your item was delivered at 9:38 PM on October 18, 2009 in CHICAGO, IL 60680. USPS

The Money order money cashed at last on October 26, 2009 ... Waiting the NOA1

Date I-130 NOA1 (Receipt) : (2009-11-2) Dated in 23 Oct

Touched 27 Oct 2009 and 11,12 Feb 2010

Date I-130 NOA2 (Approved) : (2010-02-12) 4 Months From sending date !!

♥NVC JOURNEY♥

02-19-2010 : NVC case number assigned

04-07-2010 : Sent DS-3032 by E-mail

04-10-2010 : DS-3032 Accepted

04-14-2010 : Paid (AOS) Online

04-16-2010 : (AOS) shown as PAID

09-10-2010 : IV bill shows as PAID

08-03-2010: (AOS) packet completed and returned

08-23-2010 : NVC Received Completed (AOS)

09-20-2010 : DS-203 Completed and returned

09-23-2010 : NVC Received Completed DS-230

09-24-2010 : (AOS) accepted Per operator

09-28-2010 : DS-230 Entered Into System( and they also send checklist about sponsor :S )

10-15-2010 : DS-230 Completed with Checklist Also :S

01-11/14-2011 : Mailed /Delivered wt missing in both packets

02-01-2011 : SIF!!

02-03-2011 : Case Complete!

3rd Aug2011: Interview Date (AP Alhumdolillah ,,)

12 OCT2011 : Visa In Hand AP is over after 2 months from interview date

NOV2011 : POE

If the man wants to remain in Egypt and telling him she is pregnant, might make he want to stay in Egypt more. Cuz it is his country and the baby can be Egyptian. And the Egyptian law is, if he does not want her to leave Egypt he can stop her from getting on a plane. But if they were married in the states I don't know if Egypt will recognize that marriage, so on that I don't know if he could stop her or not. She needs to call the American Embassy to find that out. But every day that she does not get health care she is putting that baby at risk so she needs to act fast and know her rights. But at this point i don't think telling him will make he want to go back to the states. But this is just my opinion.

Well, more like "should she tell him YET"

Ok.... If a foreign woman is in Egypt, and pregnant with an Egyptian man's child, can he stop her from leaving the country? Should she tell him about it before or after she comes home?

Story:

My friend Alicia married an Egyptian man here in the USA about 3 years ago. Then she went over to Egypt with him for a "visit" to see his family. I've been getting emails from her regularly.

Well, now her husband is saying he misses his family, and he wants to stay there. But she doesn't want to live there. They've been there for like a month, and they are constantly fighting now. He is not changing his mind on this, and she told him she wants a divorce. But he does not want a divorce.

But the thing is, she recently discovered that she is pregnant with his baby... She hasn't told him yet. Its about 2 months along. She found out a little late because she didn't get any symptoms, other than skipped periods.

Anyway, she is coming back to the USA without him (going back to work), so they can both think about everything. But she is wondering if she should tell him about the pregnancy before or after she leaves? And if he could stop her, since she's his wife, and she's carrying his child. She's thinking if she tells him before, it might make him want to come home with her. But she also doesn't know what the law would say about it, if they would say anything.

If this is a serious question and a serious concern, she should be inquiring in a serious place - the US embassy or consulate in Egypt - not on a public forum where you will get ridiculously biased and un-informed answers.

Agreed, she needs to be using her resources and the American Embassy works for her.

If this is a serious question and a serious concern, she should be inquiring in a serious place - the US embassy or consulate in Egypt - not on a public forum where you will get ridiculously biased and un-informed answers.

• 3 weeks later...
But she is wondering if she should tell him about the pregnancy before or after she leaves? And if he could stop her, since she's his wife, and she's carrying his child. She's thinking if she tells him before, it might make him want to come home with her. But she also doesn't know what the law would say about it, if they would say anything.

According to Egyptian law he cannot stop her from leaving. She is citizen of the U.S.; any questions she has about this will be fully answered if she calls the U.S. Embassy.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

does she want divorce?!

she wants to come back and does not..

thats seems like a big problem also..

if she doesn't want to tell him.. tell she gets back.. thats up to her.. IMHO, less trouble that way. lol

K101/17/2012.....I-129F ..... sent to Dallas, Texas

01/25/2012.....NOA1 (text & email) ..... sent to Vermont Service Center

01/28/2012.....NOA1 Hard Copy in Mail

07/31/2012.....NOA2.. 188 days update@USCIS

08/03/2012.....NOA2.. Hard Copy

09/04/2012.....Sent Email to Caracas Embassy for Interview date.. they had not contacted her

09/05/2012.....Embassy response.. with interview date!!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy... APPROVED!!

12/31/2012.....POE.. Miami, arrived to AUSTIN next day smile.png

02/16/2013.....Married!!

AOS - K1

05/06/2013.....I-465 & I-765 sent USPS priority mail

05/14/2013......Email, Text of Receiving package on 5/11

05/16/2013......Hard Copy of NOA1 received: I-465 and _I-765 Application for employment

05/20/2013...... Bio-metric hard-copy.
05/29/2013...... Biometric scheduled. . Austin office

07/15/2013...... EAD card arrived in mail today smile.png

10/20/2013...... Green Card approved! NOA hardcopy received!

10/31/2013...... Green Card Delivered!!

ROC-I-751
07/21/15 90 day Window Opens

07/24/15 I-751 Mailed to Cali. Service Center
09/03/15 Biometeric scheduled and completed

01/26/16 ROC Letter arrived
01/30/16 10 yr Green Card arrived

Timeline

after i thinking about it.. she can tell him.. when she gets back in usa

if she is already leaving for work.. looks like a lot less trouble

its wrong for husband to say.. oh by the way.. i don't want to leave my country now.. so you have to stay..

f that..!! come home!!! :thumbs:

09/04/2012.....Sent Email to Caracas Embassy for Interview date.. they had not contacted her

02/16/2013.....Married!!

AOS - K1

05/16/2013......Hard Copy of NOA1 received: I-465 and _I-765 Application for employment

ROC-I-751

According to Egyptian law he cannot stop her from leaving. She is citizen of the U.S.; any questions she has about this will be fully answered if she calls the U.S. Embassy.

Does this same law apply if she is with child?

When I got married in Egypt the man that married us told me right there you realize that if your husband does not want you to leave Egypt he can make you stay even if you are a American citizen. The way things work in Egypt the man has the power, it would take a lot to work with the Embassy to get her out of there. It is in the marriage contract. If she is in fear then she should go on ahead home and then tell him.

I'm sorry not the man that married us, it was the translator from the Embassy that works for them that translated that for me. So the embassy is full aware of the laws there.

Does this same law apply if she is with child?

Edited by Angel Eyes Yuseef

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

yes but with the Kitab in the country it changes things... I am assuming she has become part of his family book etc. Us marriage is different then a Marriage in egypt (Us marriage alone actually isnt even recognized in egypt when it is with an egyptian man/woman) this is why in the ME you see alot of men marrying someone in the US and then marrying someone else in their home country with no problems...Unless you have our kitab/legal marriage in THAT country

XOXO JOJO

When I got married in Egypt the man that married us told me right there you realize that if your husband does not want you to leave Egypt he can make you stay even if you are a American citizen. The way things work in Egypt the man has the power, it would take a lot to work with the Embassy to get her out of there. It is in the marriage contract. If she is in fear then she should go on ahead home and then tell him.

I'm sorry not the man that married us, it was the translator from the Embassy that works for them that translated that for me. So the embassy is full aware of the laws there.

So, it was written into your marriage contract that you were not free to travel? Is that what you're saying because mine says nothing of it.

Whatever.

What matters here is that you insist her husband can detain her. Color me silly, but I wouldn't take legal advice from a translator. I would, and have, listened carefully to every bit of advice the U.S. Embassy in Cairo had to offer.

SHE IS FREE TO LEAVE.

Timeline

I don't think her leaving is an problem.. she is already planning trip back.. he wants to stay.. is this not correct?

02/16/2013.....Married!!

AOS - K1

ROC-I-751

What I meant is that when we got married less then a year ago. It was made very clear to me that if he said no I could not leave then I could not. But then I was also married in Egypt, not america. And no i did not say that i was not free to travel per the contract I said that it say it is a contract and he has a lot of control by it. If it did not come across like that it is what i meant. But since she is planning her trip back and she is unsure as to how he would react i think keeping it to her self till she feels she is safe would be best IMO. As you see she has not replied this subject since it has been brought back fresh. So I am sure she has reached her decision. And that is the most important part.

So, it was written into your marriage contract that you were not free to travel? Is that what you're saying because mine says nothing of it.

Whatever.

What matters here is that you insist her husband can detain her. Color me silly, but I wouldn't take legal advice from a translator. I would, and have, listened carefully to every bit of advice the U.S. Embassy in Cairo had to offer.

SHE IS FREE TO LEAVE.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.