Captain Oates

RE- Marriage blues

32 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I love re-marriage stories although the 'happily ever after' kind don't seem to figure much.

ok here goes with number one : Hope you can add to the store of human experience with your own:

Jim was middle aged and divorced and met Met Mary who was similar. They got on well and she was a wonderful cook.

They decided to marry. Jim sold his house and they married and he moved in to her house. She had a 15 year old boy.

Sunday lunch was over and it was just great - what a cook. Then she brought out a plate of biscuits. On the top was

a 'jammy dodger' - Jim's favourite (favorite). Everyone's favourite.

Nobody moved, so after a minute or so, Jim leaned forward and took the jammy dodger and put it in his mouth.

The 15 year old boy, who up to now had eaten in silence, turned to Jim and said:

"You greedy old #######, I had my eye on that"

The marriage started it's inevitable downward spiral from that moment....

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

The married couple had argued, and they now sat in stony silence. Trying to lighten the mood, the husband looked up from his newspaper and said, "They have new evidence that man sprang from the apes."

"I doubt that," said the wife. "YOU certainly didn't spring very far."

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

The married couple had argued, and they now sat in stony silence. Trying to lighten the mood, the husband looked up from his newspaper and said, "They have new evidence that man sprang from the apes."

"I doubt that," said the wife. "YOU certainly didn't spring very far."

I bet that wasn't long after he signed on the dotted...

moresheep400100.jpg

Timeline
I bet that wasn't long after he signed on the dotted...
The most dangerous food is Wedding Cake.

Socrates died from an overdose of wedlock. Bigamy is having one wife too many, and monogamy is the same thing, si man.

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

ok story number 2:

A guy who worked for a friend found his soul mate.

They went to watch rugby league games every Saturday. They would have Saturday lunch and then get their colors on - long scarves, gloves, the lot - and go to watch the match.

She knitted him some fantastic scarves and they never missed a game

They got married. First Saturday, he had his lunch then got his scarf and gloves etc on and said " Looking forward to the match today"

She said " Where do you think you are going"

He said " Its Saturday - you know - the match"

She said " Sit down. You are married now - we are going shopping"

His heart fell to his knees as he realised what he had done

another true story.

Edited by Alan the Red

moresheep400100.jpg

Timeline

The Arkansas policeman hauled the suspect before the court judge. "This man has committed bigotry, yer Honor!" the policeman said. "He's got two wives!"

"Two wives?!" thundered the judge. "You birdbrain! That ain't bigotry; that's trigonometry!"

Timeline

The Arkansas policeman hauled the suspect before the court judge. "This man has committed bigotry, yer Honor!" the policeman said. "He's got two wives!"

"Two wives?!" thundered the judge. "You birdbrain! That ain't bigotry; that's trigonometry!"

That's a good one but it doesn't depress and elate me (that it's not me) like a true story would...

The two so far were of innocent men looking for a quiet life who didn't get it. I would like a come-uppance story where they did deserve it and lived in misery forever more

I love those stories

Edited by Alan the Red

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

The most dangerous food is Wedding Cake.

Socrates died from an overdose of wedlock. Bigamy is having one wife too many, and monogamy is the same thing, si man.

Richard-Belzer81588.jpg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Women have many faults

but men have only two.

Everything they say

and everything they do.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Timeline

Women have many faults

but men have only two.

Everything they say

and everything they do.

Women get married hoping he will change but he doesn't

Men get married hoping she won't change, but she does

moresheep400100.jpg

Women get married hoping he will change but he doesn't

Men get married hoping she won't change, but she does

:thumbs::yes:

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

How about having saying I do, when walking down he aisle, your new wife starts telling you what you can and cannot do. Could be a partial explanation why she is my ex. Oh, this new one is a honey, but wasn't born here, so came with plenty of BS from the USCIS. A guy can't win.

Timeline

How about having saying I do, when walking down he aisle, your new wife starts telling you what you can and cannot do. Could be a partial explanation why she is my ex. Oh, this new one is a honey, but wasn't born here, so came with plenty of BS from the USCIS. A guy can't win.

Thing is they are all stories told by men. Where are the "I was conned" stories by the ladies - only insofar as marriage is concerned coz its taken as a given that men weave deceptions to get their wicked way before then

Perhaps not deceptions, but manipulations such as getting a Mercedes for other than the driving experience - or buying a van with smoke glass windows.

I went to a charming funeral of a lady I worked with a couple of years ago. She met her second husband on a dating site. He gave a speech at the funeral and said she had told him she was in her 40's and a blonde and he later found out that neither was true

My daughter seems to have the process reversed, she divorced her husband who was the father of her two children and was a multi millionaire and owned 28 building companies - and got with a kid out of the remedial class with convictions for arson, robbery, burglary, grievous bodily harm and kidnapping ! He beat her to a pulp and went to prison.

My dad gave up on the craziness of the world and just laughed at it all - he was a very happy person - so perhaps that is the answer

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mongolia
Timeline

"I am" is reportedly the shortest sentence in the English language. Could it be that "I do" is the longest sentence?

George Carlin

th_Untitled-3.jpg?t=1294114030

03/2008--Met while working together in Mongolia
06/21/10--Married in Ulaanbaatar on the Summer solstice
USCIS
09/06/10--I-130 package mailed to USCIS Chicago Lockbox
12/14/10--NOA2 hardcopy rec'd, Dec 09 notice date<APPROVED>86 Days
NVC
12/22/10-NVC / IIN Number issued, AOS bill paid
12/26/10-DS-3032 emailed
January4............IV bill paid, discovered error by preparer
USCIS ROUND 2