gretchen_darren

st lukes discussion

118 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

WOW! I've only been member here on VJ for about 10 months since last November, and I only really visit the Philippines forums since my Fiancee is pinay. But I have to say I've never seen/read anyone get so clobbered like this. I have read a lot of the OPs posts and have to say this was a long time coming but people either ignored him for the most part and/or just kind of tried to be nice. But I could sense lately the impatience of some. I guess this last tirade was the last straw.

My prayers are with the OP and his fiancee in their future together. Especially for the pinay - she is soooooooooooo young! I pray the OP can change to have more humility and true understanding and patience as to not cause the sweet and loving, caring and compassionate nature of his pinay to change too much and lose those ways about her that make her who and what she is.

I have to do the same and though I have learned much from my first marriage to a Filipina, I have a loooooooong way to go in that myself. I think, with Gods help we can all make the neccessary changes for what we want. But we have to really want to change and that means we have to humbly recognize and admit the faults we have first. And I want happiness for my Fiancee to be with me. I don't want to be selfish and make her unhappy here after she give up everything to come all this way to be with me. I've been through this before. But just knowing is only half the battle cuz only action will bring about the change.

I hope and pray OP can see and do also and try for the happiness of his pinay.

God bless to them.

10/17/2008 - First Contact via message in CB

03/15/2009 - Engaged

05/15/2009 - First meeting in person (I traveled to Philippines)

10/05/2010 - Sent I-129F package to Fiancee VISA service for review and forwarding

12/08/2011 - Interview - Approved!

12/20/2011 - VISA in hand! (Never showed up in 2go online tracking!)

01/04/2012 - POE San Francisco(SFO)I met her there.

01/05/2012 - We're Home!

02/14/2012 - Married Valentine's Day 2012!

05/04/2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP packages via FedEx ground

07/26/2012 - EAD/AP Combo card received

"TeddyHoney and SqueezyBear"

(Derrick and Ritchie)

What do these (highlighted) words mean?

I have a question please, if you don't mind... do American men refer to their American wives as "their AMERICAN"? "Your American"? "His American"? "The American"? And vice versa? Why is it, the Pinay has to be referred as "My" or "His" Pinay? Is it difficult to say "my" / "his" fiancee and or "my" / "his" wife? I'm guessing you are trying to be complimentary but, your "the/his pinay" comments make me wonder and ask myself...do you think we Pinays are human or.. an object.

If you can refer to your own fiancee as "my fiancee"... why can't you do the same to others'? What is the difference between "your" Pinay fiancee and other American's Pinay fiancee?

Again, I am happy (F) because my husband has never referred to me as 'His Pinay". He's indeed one of a kind! (L);)

hmmm generally speaking, you're right. but there are times when calling your wife/fiancee by her country name is actually funny. well....i seriously find it funny when my fiance calls me "his crazy romanian wife" or "crazy white woman" LMAO. he did then when talking to my mom and i found it funny as hell, not a bit rude or insulting

Edited by DeeDee&Sam

148280zkcv79ffi3.gifDeeDee & Sam 426064ng1n3ghbqw.gif

766837489_784932.gif

from filling I129F to POE- exactly 6 months

for k1 steps and dates check my timeline
AOS approved took 7 months you can chack my timeline for details

ROC

October 6th- mailed package

as1cJVfNw2k0710MTMybHN8MDQyMTdqc3xXZVwnd

Timeline

What do these (highlighted) words mean?

I have a question please, if you don't mind... do American men refer to their American wives as "their AMERICAN"? "Your American"? "His American"? "The American"? And vice versa? Why is it, the Pinay has to be referred as "My" or "His" Pinay? Is it difficult to say "my" / "his" fiancee and or "my" / "his" wife? I'm guessing you are trying to be complimentary but, your "the/his pinay" comments make me wonder and ask myself...do you think we Pinays are human or.. an object.

If you can refer to your own fiancee as "my fiancee"... why can't you do the same to others'? What is the difference between "your" Pinay fiancee and other American's Pinay fiancee?

Again, I am happy (F) because my husband has never referred to me as 'His Pinay". He's indeed one of a kind! (L);)

I will use pinay for Filipina in these posts where I know the audience is mixed with at least Filipinos and Americans and other nationals that know what pinays and Filipinas. And when I do, I do so to emphasize the unique characteristics of same, characteristics I find attractive and special. Other American men may want to respond to this differently and in their own words but i am responding to you about my words in the noted post.

"do American men refer to their American wives as "their AMERICAN"? "Your American"? "His American"? "The American"? And vice versa?" - Again I can't speak for all Americans, but in my case, no. At home among family or in the general public i refered to my wife as "my wife", even though she was Filipina. But here on VJ when I post about things that may have to do with her or our relationship I will refer to her as my ex filipina wife, or my ex wife that is filipina or pinay because I want the reader to know that my comment about my ex has to do with the fact that she is filipina as is relevent to my post and the fact that I am posting on a forum about the Filipino people and Filipino situations/circumstances. If I just said my ex-wife, readers may not know that and my post may be confusing.

Here in America, as far as I know - and someone correct me if I'm wrong - we don't have names for American women or men like in some other countires like the Philippines, other names for them like pinay/pinoy or Filipina/Filipino. If we did I'm sure they would be used the same way as pinay/pinoy - I mean WE DO, but they are not so respectful and defining as say pinay or Filipina is as to me, in my opinion and maybe I'm wrong again but I always thought of these as references to Filipino women that meant to underline the characteristics and traits that Filipinas are known for around the world and I am proud refer to my fiancee sometimes and "my pinay" or "my filipina" with fiancee added or not added. That doesn't mean I think of them as objects anymore as I think of "my daughter" as an object or "my mother" or "my sister" as objects. I reffered to my ex as "my filipina wife" at times in certain audiances or under certain circumstances when I wanted to emphasize that my wife was from the Philippines for whatever reasons I may have had at those times. I also currently refer to my fiancee as "my Squeezy Bear" or "My Asian Queen" and in public or mxed company at times. She likes those a lot btw and doesn't feel like an object when I use them.

"If you can refer to your own fiancee as "my fiancee"... why can't you do the same to others'? - Well, I have and I do at times. Sometimes its "his pinay" or "my Filipina", whatever I feel like at the time. I guess in the part where I wrote "My prayers are with the OP and his fiancee in their future together", either was missed or doesn't count?

"What is the difference between "your" Pinay fiancee and other American's Pinay fiancee?" - beyond them being individuals and maybe from different parts of the country, different dialects, customs, etc. None!

My fiancee has access to this account to use VJ as a reference just as I do. She doesn't post. She could if she wanted and could even have her own account if she wanted. She reads all my posts and hasn't complained (belive me if she had problem with anything I posted I would sure hear about it!!) She hasn't complained so that works for me.

Again to the OP and his young pinay, I pray for them the best in their future lives together.

03/15/2009 - Engaged

10/05/2010 - Sent I-129F package to Fiancee VISA service for review and forwarding

01/05/2012 - We're Home!

(Derrick and Ritchie)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I've been following the OP's story every since and I must say of all your stories, his is the most interesting. :blink: Looking forward to more FAMAS worthy posts from you! :lol:

tumblr_m24igfpWr01rtrvwyo1_r1_250.jpg

Click image to view my blog!

AOS Timeline

11/1/11 - AOS package Delivered

11/7/11 - NOA Received in the mail

11/12/11 - Biometrics Appointment received

11/28/11 - Case transferred to CSC

12/7/11 - Biometrics done

1/2/12 - EAD and AP approved (Card production)

1/11/12 - EAD/AP Card received

1/20/12 - Got Driver's License!

3/7/12 - GC approved!

3/9/12 - Got a job!

3/11/12 - GC on hand

"What is the difference between "your" Pinay fiancee and other American's Pinay fiancee?" - beyond them being individuals and maybe from different parts of the country, different dialects, customs, etc. None!

Teddy...I don't think for a moment that you intentionally meant to show disrespect. But please listen to yourself ^^^.

Everyone is an individual. Period.

Why not use her screen name? You know what it is. It's Gretchen. Using it would show respect.

Timeline

Teddy...I don't think for a moment that you intentionally meant to show disrespect. But please listen to yourself ^^^.

Everyone is an individual. Period.

Why not use her screen name? You know what it is. It's Gretchen. Using it would show respect.

In all Honesty I pray for the best for Darren and Gretchen in their future lives together.

I really do.

03/15/2009 - Engaged

01/05/2012 - We're Home!

(Derrick and Ritchie)

I've been following the OP's story every since and I must say of all your stories, his is the most interesting. :blink: Looking forward to more FAMAS worthy posts from you! :lol:

I nominate this thread for best daytime drama. :lol:

In all Honesty I pray for the best for Darren and Gretchen in their future lives together.

I really do.

So do I. :thumbs: I hope they find peace, health, and happiness together.

Timeline

I nominate this thread for best daytime drama. :lol:

I would like to nominate this thread too. :yes:

AOS Timeline

3/7/12 - GC approved!

3/9/12 - Got a job!

3/11/12 - GC on hand

Timeline

I second that nomination !!! :lol:

I just came across this thread and just LOLed. Crocodile

AOS Timeline

3/7/12 - GC approved!

3/9/12 - Got a job!

3/11/12 - GC on hand

I just came across this thread and just LOLed. Crocodile

Manong guard would never allow that big croc into crowded St. Lukes because he takes up more than one chair. :whistle:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.