coffeet

I-751 RFE - Submit evidence of communal residence - PLEASE HELP

14 posts in this topic

Hi, I filed I-751 for my wife in Dec 2010, and she’s done biometrics in May 2011. But I just received an RFE specifying the following:

EVIDENCE OF GOOD FAITH MARRIAGE: To establish eligibility for removal of conditional status, it is requested that additional documentation be submitted to establish a good faith marriage that covers the period of time from the date of the marriage to the present date. Such examples may include, but are not limited to the following:

• Residence: Submit evidence of communal residence. This documentation should reflect the names of both the conditional permanent resident and their U.S. citizen spouse. Such evidence may include but is not limited to the following:

o Copies of mortgage agreements, deeds, or rental leases / agreements showing joint tenancy at a common residence signed by the conditional resident, the U.S. spouse and the owner(s) of the property (or the property manager),

o Copies of utility bills such as telephone, gas, electric, water, cable, Internet, etc. or other statements issued in both names indicating the residential address.

o If applicable, submit copies of military Basis Allowance for Quarters (BAQ) form for housing and/ or DD Form 1172 for dependent military dependent cards.

o Any other documentation which shows that the marriage was not entered into in order to circumvent U.S. immigration laws.

I don’t know what evidence of communal residence we can provide. I rented the house and opened the utility accounts even before we got married. So there is only my name on the rental lease and utility bills. (I think it’s probably too late to add her name on for now.)

The following evidence were included when we filed I-751:

• Our Joint U.S. tax transcripts for the years 2008 and 2009

• Two recent bank statements of our joint checking account

• Copy of the 3 credit cards we use jointly (my wife as an authorized user)

• Copy of our health insurance cards showing a joint policy

• Copy of our joint car insurance card

• Copy of our flight boarding passes to Seattle

• Photos about us together in the past two years

(The tax transcripts and bank statements show both our names on the same address, but it seems USCIS still needs more evidence. )

Could anyone give me some ideas of providing evidence for this RFE? I’d really appreciate it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

How about Driver's licenses or government issued ID's with the same address?

Does your wife pay any bills that are sent to your address?

Good suggestions. How about Dr's records that list her address and who to contact in an emergency? School records showing her address, employer records showing addresses and/or emergency contacts

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Auto registration document.

Certificate of title for auto, boat, motorhome, ect.

Beneficiary documents (life insurance, retirement, 401k).

ROC

01 May 2013 - Received ROC reminder letter

22 Jul 2013 - Mailed I-751 via USPS Priority Mail

24 Jul 2013 - NOA1 date

27 Jul 2013 - Received NOA1

03 Aug 2013 - Received Biometrics letter

20 Aug 2013 - Biometrics appointment

19 Sep 2013 - Approved

24 Sep 2013 - Received NOA2

09 Oct 2013 - Received GC

• Two recent bank statements of our joint checking account

• Copy of the 3 credit cards we use jointly (my wife as an authorized user)

Why don't you include more bank statements, not two, but put 2 year bank statements and also include the credit card statements as well.

Edited by angus28

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Why don't you include more bank statements, not two, but put 2 year bank statements and also include the credit card statements as well.

Agreed. Two bank statements to support a claim of years of marriage? May look suspect to an adjudicator.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

You could also try and get an Affidavit or letter from the landlord stating he's seen you living at the same residence.

You could send any mail with her name on it and that address.

- Have you received ANY joint mail?

- Does she get any junk mail?

- Did she order something online and have it shipped to your home address?

- Is she a subscriber to a magazine that gets delivered there?

- Does she have her own bank card that has her address as your home address?

- Does she have a store card (like Wal-Mart or Kohls) that has your home address listed?

- Can you get affidavits from friends stating that you live together (not AS good as the rest but helps).

- Have you send any packages overseas and do they have the boxes or whatever left that have the "mailed from" section where she wrote your home address on it? (this would be date stamped so acceptable)

Also take your info as above with only your name on it (if you have it) to show that you both get your own mail mailed to the same place as well.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

For a bonafide relationship..

- the 2010 tax return (should have been filed by now) showing joint filing

- Bank statements from when you first added her to the account, and also one or two between now and then (to show she wasn't only just "recently" added

- Do you have any medical bills that have been sent home?

- Wills and Powers of Attorney documents

- Drivers licence or SSN mail (I still have the insert the card came on) showing living together

Some more out of the box things could be:

- FB printouts showing your wall postings back and forth. Any messages from family members of his or what not about you both attending events together like "Good to see you both last night!" and what not

- Photos printed with you in the background together (rather than posing it looks more natural).. like a friends wedding or other events

Thanks everyone for the good suggestions. Since the RFE specifically asks for the evidence of communal residence, I will try to find documents with our names along the address.

So far, I have:

Copy of both our driver's licenses.

Wife's interim driver license. (A piece of paper)

IRS 2010 adjusted refund letter. (both our names on the same address)

Wife's Summons for Jury Service letter from county court. (She did not report to the Jury Service for obvious reasons.)

Car insurance billing invoices. (both our names on the same address)

Wife's own bank statements spanning past 3 years

My bank/credit card statements spanning past 3 years (just to show we are living in the same address)

I'll dig into the file cabinet to see what else I can find. Thanks again.

Agreed. Two bank statements to support a claim of years of marriage? May look suspect to an adjudicator.

You're right. I wish I've looked into the evidence requirements of I-751 much earlier. I planned too late to add her name to my bank account. Only two statements available when filing i751.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Israel
Timeline

Obtain and send in copies of as many documents with both your names on it with the same ADDRESS OF COURSE:

ALL YOUR BANK STATEMENTS

ALL YOUR CREDIT CARD STATEMENTS

ALL MEDICAL INSURANCE OR LIFE INSUARNCE POLICIES (IF YOU HAVE MONTHLY STATEMENTS - GET THEM ALL AND SORT THEM ALL FROM THE MOST CURRENT MONTH FIRST TO THE FIRST MONTH YOU STARTED.

OBTAIN TWO AFFIDAVITS FROM TWO U.S. CITIZENS WHO KNOW YOU BOTH SINCE YOUR MARRIAGE AND SINCE YOU LIVED AT THAT ADDRESS

OBTAIN A LETTER FROM YOUR LANDLORD OR MANAGER STATING THAT YOUR WIFE HAS BEEN LIVING WITH YOU AS A CO TENENT SINCE YOUR MARRIAGE BEGAN

AND PREPARE A LETTER INDICATING WHY ALL YOUR UTILITY BILLS DON'T HAVE YOUR WIFE'S NAME - SIMPLY BECAUSE SHE MOVED IN AFTER YOU ALREADY RENTED THE APARTMENT.

OH, AND IF YOU BELONG TO A CHURCH OR SOME OTHER RELIGIOUS GROUP - A LETTER FROM THE PASTOR INDICATING THAT YOU AND YOUR WIFE ARE MEMBERS OF THE CHURCH AND HAVE BEEN SINCE......

THIS SHOULD DO IT!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thanks everyone for the good suggestions. Since the RFE specifically asks for the evidence of communal residence, I will try to find documents with our names along the address.

So far, I have:

Copy of both our driver's licenses.

Wife's interim driver license. (A piece of paper)

IRS 2010 adjusted refund letter. (both our names on the same address)

Wife's Summons for Jury Service letter from county court. (She did not report to the Jury Service for obvious reasons.)

Car insurance billing invoices. (both our names on the same address)

Wife's own bank statements spanning past 3 years

My bank/credit card statements spanning past 3 years (just to show we are living in the same address)

I'll dig into the file cabinet to see what else I can find. Thanks again.

You're right. I wish I've looked into the evidence requirements of I-751 much earlier. I planned too late to add her name to my bank account. Only two statements available when filing i751.

Why "obvious reasons" for ignoring the jury summons? Most states now use drivers lisence records and other records rather than just voter registration to get jurors. Also it is up to states to decide who is eligible. There is no federal rule against jurors being legal residents as opposed to citizens. she may have been in violation unless she was given an excuse by the court. I would encourage people no to simply ignore such things

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Why "obvious reasons" for ignoring the jury summons? Most states now use drivers lisence records and other records rather than just voter registration to get jurors. Also it is up to states to decide who is eligible. There is no federal rule against jurors being legal residents as opposed to citizens. she may have been in violation unless she was given an excuse by the court. I would encourage people no to simply ignore such things

We did not really "ignore" the jury summons. My wife did not go the the court and report to the jury service. She just sent in the summon letter with non-citizen box checked as the legal excuse.

Obtain and send in copies of as many documents with both your names on it with the same ADDRESS OF COURSE:

ALL YOUR BANK STATEMENTS

ALL YOUR CREDIT CARD STATEMENTS

ALL MEDICAL INSURANCE OR LIFE INSUARNCE POLICIES (IF YOU HAVE MONTHLY STATEMENTS - GET THEM ALL AND SORT THEM ALL FROM THE MOST CURRENT MONTH FIRST TO THE FIRST MONTH YOU STARTED.

OBTAIN TWO AFFIDAVITS FROM TWO U.S. CITIZENS WHO KNOW YOU BOTH SINCE YOUR MARRIAGE AND SINCE YOU LIVED AT THAT ADDRESS

OBTAIN A LETTER FROM YOUR LANDLORD OR MANAGER STATING THAT YOUR WIFE HAS BEEN LIVING WITH YOU AS A CO TENENT SINCE YOUR MARRIAGE BEGAN

AND PREPARE A LETTER INDICATING WHY ALL YOUR UTILITY BILLS DON'T HAVE YOUR WIFE'S NAME - SIMPLY BECAUSE SHE MOVED IN AFTER YOU ALREADY RENTED THE APARTMENT.

OH, AND IF YOU BELONG TO A CHURCH OR SOME OTHER RELIGIOUS GROUP - A LETTER FROM THE PASTOR INDICATING THAT YOU AND YOUR WIFE ARE MEMBERS OF THE CHURCH AND HAVE BEEN SINCE......

THIS SHOULD DO IT!!!

Thanks, I found a dentist statement and a test notification letter from her doctor.

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

cofeet,

how is it going with your application, have you already submitted response to the RFE?

any updates would be appreciated.

tlnt

(K1: See timeline for more details http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=55270)

2008-10/01 - I-129F Sent (Taiwan, VSC)

2009-02/18 - I-129F NOA2, letter from USCIS/CRIS (140 d / 4 m 17 d)

2009-03-13 or 14 - Fiance received Packet 3 (163 d / 5 m 12 d)

2009-03-31 - AIT Packet 4 sent (181 d, 5 m 30 d)

2009-04-13 - Schedule K-1 Interview, PASSED!!!(194 d / 6 m 12 d)

(AOS/EAD/AP):

2009-07-25 - Arrival POE

2009-07-27 - Marriage

2009-07-29 - Apply for SSN

2009-08-07 - Apply AOS/EAD/AP

2009-08-12 - NOA: AOS/EAD/AP

2009-08-12 - SSN approved (card received 2009-09-09)

2009-09-09 - NOA: AOS transferred to CSC and EAD/AP approved (NO BIOMETRICS yet!)

2009-09-14 - AP received (2 copies) / Opened inquiry for lack of biometric with NSC

2009-09-15 - AOS Case pending

2009-10-03 - BioMetrics Received (AOS/EAD) scheduled 10/22/2009

2009-10-06 - Successful walk-in Biometrics Alexandria ASC

2009-10-07&09 - EAD Card Production

2009-10-15 - EAD Card Received

2010-01-11 - Greenncard Received

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.