ignacio

what # on igors list when you received noa2?

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Venezuela
Timeline

I was 152 on Igor's List and 48 on the Berkley list. http://cse.ssl.berkeley.edu/igor/vjdata/vsc.aspx

4/1/2011 - Mailed I129F

4/4/2011 - I129F received by USCIS (Priority date)

4/5/2001 - Post Office Return Receipt signed by USCIS

4/6/2011 - USCIS receipt date

4/7/2011 - Received e-mail/text NOA1

4/8/2011 - Touched

4/12/2011 - Receipt received via snail mail (I797C)

8/29/2011 - Received email/text NOA2

9/2/2011 - NVC received (no NVC # assigned yet)

9/2/2011 - Received hardcopy of NOA2

9/6/2011 - NVC Havana case number assigned

9/16/2011 - NVC forwarded case to Havana

9/19/2011 - NVC generated informational letter to me

9/23/2011 - Received letter from NVC via snail mail

10/6/2011 - Packet received by US Interest Section in Havana

10/18/2011 - Amel received telegram advising him when to pick up packet

12/05/2011 - Amel had blood work and x-rays done in preparation for medical examination

12/12/2011 - Amel picked up packet of forms at the USINT in Havana.

01/10/2012 - Amel had his medical exam today.

03/01/2012 - Interview: APPROVED!

03/20/2012 - Visa received.

3/23/2012 - Carta blanca, etc. requested

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hellow everyone....to those who have already received noa2, can you tell me what number you where on igors list when you got it? From what I understand there is no order or logic in the way they approve k-1 applications. Thanks for any response

I received it in my mailbox and never looked at any list or any online status report.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I'm just hoping we are one of the few that get lucky and receive it early. Then again luck has never been on my side. I can't even seem to win money back when I buy a lottery ticket. Lol. Its only been a month and a half since we got noa1 and I'm getting more and more anxious. I know we still got a ways to go.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hellow everyone....to those who have already received noa2, can you tell me what number you where on igors list when you got it? From what I understand there is no order or logic in the way they approve k-1 applications. Thanks for any response

Maybe it just seems, that there is no order or logic behind this process. There is, at least from mine point of view. All applications (except expedited, of course) being processed in order that they received. Background checks are initiated, once application is received, but not necessarily completed by the time adjudicator gets your file. There are many things to consider. If petitioner, for example, is naturalized citizen, they have his (her) A# number in the system already, matched with the name and some information. Since they (USCIS) issued certificate of naturalization, no need to contact other databases to establish citizenship. If alien fiance(e) is from country, that needs visa in order to enter USA, and had this visa, most likely information about him (her) is in the system already too. So, check goes faster. On one piece of recent correspondence with USCIS, that I received, there is a stamp, listing databases that they checked (CLAIMS, MFAS, CIS... etc). It consists of 8 different databases, interlocked with each other. If you interested of how that system works, you can check here http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/privacy/privacy_pia_cis_claims3.pdf , and it is only background checks. But if everything in that system is in order, by the time your file gets in someones hands - APPROVED, if rest of proof is good enough to establish meeting in last 2 years...

It's not because things are difficult that we dare not venture. It's because we dare not venture that they are difficult. (Seneca Junior)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

That's good info stvm. If I'm understanding correctly, the background check on my fiance should be easy since she was here in usa on a j-1 visa and was issued a ss# to work with. Would you say its going to be fairly easy/fast?

It should be. She was checked already,and approved to enter the USA once, and if your name doesn't generate hit with FBI, your background check will be completed by the time your line gets close. In my opinion - by the end of October you'll see approval(or even faster if you in CSC) :)

By the way, her J-1 was not sponsored by Ukraine? Just to make sure. To the best of my knowledge, Ukraine doesn't have 2 year clause for J-1 students, are they?

Good luck to both of you ;)

Edited by StvM

It's not because things are difficult that we dare not venture. It's because we dare not venture that they are difficult. (Seneca Junior)

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We were 16 on Berkley and 73 on Igor's. Sure hope that is a good sign that anyday now we will hear.

5/11/11 was NOA1 and then 7/29/11 RFE and then USCIS received my evidence back on 8/22/11.

Good luck to everyone.

4-7-2012 Married

4-18-2012 Mailed AOS

4-20-2012 NOA1

5-23-2012 Biometrics appt

6-26-2012 EAD received in mail ( no text or email )

We were #255, approved in exactly 3 months :)

Good luck, hope you get it soon.

K1 Process

06/13/2011 - I-129F packet sent

06/14/2011 - Packet delivered, signed by JArthur

06/16/2011 - Check cashed

06/17/2011 - Email and text NOA1

06/18/2011 - Touched

06/20/2011 - NOA1 hard copy received, dated 6/16

09/13/2011 - NOA2 approved, 88 days, text and email received

09/16/2011 - NOA2 hard copy received

10/31/2011 - Interview (Approved)

11/11/2011 - POE (Charlotte)

11/27/2011 - Wedding

AOS, EAD & AP

12/16/2011 - Packet sent

12/19/2011 - Package delivered and signed by J.C

12/22/2011 - 3 emails and text notifications

12/23/2011 - Check cashed

12/27/2011 - NOA1 hard copies received

12/30/2011 - Biometrics letter received, appt date set for Jan 23rd

01/17/2012 - Case transferred to CSC (notified by text and email)

01/20/2012 - Hard copy of transfer received

01/23/2012 - Biometrics done

02/21/2012 - EAD and AP approved

02/28/2012 - EAD and AP received on same card

03/15/2012 - Green card approved, in production

03/20/2012 - Green card in hands

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline

I received it in my mailbox and never looked at any list or any online status report.

This really is the sanest approach.

Igor's list appears to scan profiles' timelines and construct some sort of order. It's a laudable goal, and let's suppose, for the sake of argument, that his code is flawless and does exactly what it is purpoted to do.

Even so, the problem is, visajourney is not a representative sample of all people waiting for K-1s (or any other visa). It's self reporting, and my guess is, there are a disproportionate number of users who have encountered roadblocks (hence they seek advice here). Or, perhaps, we're smarter and more computer savvy and have filled out our applications more accurately than the general population. :)

In any event, the only real source of data would be from within USCIS, and that's not going to be forthcoming before your fiance becomes a bonafide citizen, if ever. Yes, I look at the timeline predictions for amusement, more because the computer geek in me is curious how it's implemented, but it's just a very uneducated guess.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.