hath

urgent and serious

32 posts in this topic

hi everybody

i dont know what to say or how to satrt my topic....i m really hurt and sad....the time my wife and i have been geting ready to send the the file the packege n4000 my wife sent me an offmessage telling me that "she has been cheating on me for 1 a year and other things she said ....she really hurt me and i am still i cant believe it and i am deeply hurt and sad. she is waiting for my response to her message but i dont know what to say and what kind of answer she wants to hear ... i realy love from my heart i never expect this from her now i need your hepl WHAT DO I SHOULD DO ?

DO i still have to send the package n400 or what? thanks to u all

Edited by hath

Filed: Timeline

hi everybody

i dont know what to say or how to satrt my topic....i m really hurt and sad....the time my wife and i have been geting ready to send the the file the packege n4000 my wife sent me an offmessage telling me that "she has been cheating on me for 1 a year and other things she said ....she really hurt me and i am still i cant believe it and i am deeply hurt and sad. she is waiting for my response to her message but i dont know what to say and what kind of answer she wants to hear ... i realy love from my heart i never expect this from her now i need your hepl WHAT DO I SHOULD DO ?

Who is the USC? That changes the answer. Once the LPR passes his/her five year anniversary, then marriage to an USC becomes irrelevant to the process.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

The green card holder is the person that submits the N400. There is nothing that the USC can do.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

hi everybody

[/quote

A Big Fat NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! You need to let her go she was just using you. The moment she cheated she quit your marriage! I'm soo sorry for your situation this is never easy.(L) (L) (L)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

You are the only one that knows what you want to do with your marriage, either go to counselling or get a divorce. Anyway a situation like this is hard to overpass.

When it comes to N-400, if you are the GC holder and you want to become an US Citizen then go ahead and apply!!!

If you had the GC for 5 years than you don't need anything from your wife. But, if you had it only for 3 and you can't work things out with your wife, you might need that divorce paper before you apply (i don't know this for a fact - is just my oppinion).

Good luck!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

I am so so so sorry to hear what happened to you and I pray you find peace and comfort from what i'm getting is that you're the LPR and you are sending of the N400 IF YOU ARE SENDING IT FOR YOURSELF TO BECOME A USC THEN GO A HEAD AND DO THAT BECAUSE EVEN THOUGH SHE CHEATED ON YOU IT SHOULD NOT HAVE ANY NEGATIVE AFFECT ON YOU BECOMING AN UCS. good luck

USCIS

04/19/2011 - NOA1

05/09/2011 - NOA2 text message and email received

05/17/2011 - Case received at NVC

05/20/2011 - Received NOA2 approval letter in USPS mail.

NVC

05/17/2011 - NVC Receive (No case number assigned yet)

05/18/2011 - NVC Case Number Assigned, received IIN number / Gave Emails

05/18/2011 - DS-3032 Sent to NVC (via email)

05/19/2011 - DS-3032 Accepted by NVC, AOS Fee Bill Generated

05/26/2011 - AOS Fee Paid Online - Status - In Progress

06/01/2011 - AOS Fee - PAID

05/19/2011 - DS-230 IV Fee Bill Generated

05/26/2011 - DS-230 IV Fee Paid Online - Status - In Progress

06/01/2011 - DS-230 IV Fee - Paid

06/02/2011 - DS-230 Packet Sent

06/02/2011 - AOS I-864 Sent

05/03/2011 - All the Paperwork Received at NVC

07/19/2011 - Sign in Failed (SIF)

07/19/2011 - NVC Case Complete!!!!

(16 weeks from NVC case closed to Interview date assigned 11/02/2011)

12/13/2011 - Interview date!!!!

11/21/2011 - Medical DONE

12/13/2011 - Interview done APPROVED!!!!

12/21/2011 - Entry to US JFK!!!!

California Service Center

Consulate : Haiti

Timeline

HI and thanks ....i m the green card holder and she is an american ...i hope i het enough replies what i have to do in part in this situation?

How long have you been an LPR?

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

You are the only one that knows what you want to do with your marriage, either go to counselling or get a divorce. Anyway a situation like this is hard to overpass.

When it comes to N-400, if you are the GC holder and you want to become an US Citizen then go ahead and apply!!!

If you had the GC for 5 years than you don't need anything from your wife. But, if you had it only for 3 and you can't work things out with your wife, you might need that divorce paper before you apply (i don't know this for a fact - is just my oppinion).

Good luck!

If the marriage is invalid, or dissolved, then the five year rule applies. The USC is not part of the process, except now they require copies and originals of both spouses' state ID cards, or Driver's License at the interview. If she won't cooperate, then you have wait the full five years.

Edited by Crusty Old Perv

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

If the marriage is invalid, or dissolved, then the five year rule applies. The USC is not part of the process, except now they require copies and originals of both spouses' state ID cards, or Driver's License at the interview. If she won't cooperate, then you have wait the full five years.

This is the correct advice thanks "Crusty Old Perv"

USCIS

04/19/2011 - NOA1

05/09/2011 - NOA2 text message and email received

05/17/2011 - Case received at NVC

05/20/2011 - Received NOA2 approval letter in USPS mail.

NVC

05/17/2011 - NVC Receive (No case number assigned yet)

05/18/2011 - NVC Case Number Assigned, received IIN number / Gave Emails

05/18/2011 - DS-3032 Sent to NVC (via email)

05/19/2011 - DS-3032 Accepted by NVC, AOS Fee Bill Generated

05/26/2011 - AOS Fee Paid Online - Status - In Progress

06/01/2011 - AOS Fee - PAID

05/19/2011 - DS-230 IV Fee Bill Generated

05/26/2011 - DS-230 IV Fee Paid Online - Status - In Progress

06/01/2011 - DS-230 IV Fee - Paid

06/02/2011 - DS-230 Packet Sent

06/02/2011 - AOS I-864 Sent

05/03/2011 - All the Paperwork Received at NVC

07/19/2011 - Sign in Failed (SIF)

07/19/2011 - NVC Case Complete!!!!

(16 weeks from NVC case closed to Interview date assigned 11/02/2011)

12/13/2011 - Interview date!!!!

11/21/2011 - Medical DONE

12/13/2011 - Interview done APPROVED!!!!

12/21/2011 - Entry to US JFK!!!!

California Service Center

Consulate : Haiti

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

Thanks, for pointing out my "missinformation" and correcting my answer. :blush:

HI i am the LPR just to make it clear u know first i had to remove my conditional residence we didnt succeed coz the officer stated the our marriage is not valid . anyway, our case was in the court and finally i got my green card of 10 years last JUNE 2011 everything was good and we my wife and i decided file and thus i will get my citizenship ....yet this week she admited and said that she has been cheating on me and she is fed up with and the way of life we have ...and thus she is suppressed by me....and she has no freedom coz she cant have what she want ...if i understand she wants her life like drinking and things ....she still said" she loves me"....that s in brief...just wanna mention i have been in us for 3 years and 9 months ....

HI i am the LPR just to make it clear u know first i had to remove my conditional residence we didnt succeed coz the officer stated the our marriage is not valid . anyway, our case was in the court and finally i got my green card of 10 years last JUNE 2011 everything was good and we my wife and i decided file and thus i will get my citizenship ....yet this week she admited and said that she has been cheating on me and she is fed up with and the way of life we have ...and thus she is suppressed by me....and she has no freedom coz she cant have what she want ...if i understand she wants her life like drinking and things ....she still said" she loves me"....that s in brief...just wanna mention i have been in us for 3 years and 9 months ....

If she is willing to cooperate further, and you can keep your marriage together, go ahead and file. However, I would be prepared for the same issues from the R.O.C. proceedings to resurface again during your Citizenship interview. If you want to avoid those issues altogether, wait another year, and file 90 days before your five year anniversary as a LPR.

Timeline

The 5 year as a green card holder path will be less complicated.

HI.....i am still waiting for more comments and replies and thanks to everyone who replied to me about my issue. Some

talked about the idea that " if she cooperate with me..." what kind of cooperation you mean? Another thing:

if i can send the package including ONE of her ID plus a copy of our marriage certificate , does it mean it s done and

I dont need her and i dont need anything from her anymore?? Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.