Simon and Janet

Dissolving love and a missed green card

53 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

oh, and my dad is a retired US Postal Worker, so he said it's ok if I open my WASband's mail, since I'm his wife and all, so no worries about that being a legal issue (in case anyone was wondering). :)

now, if I DESTROYED something, that would be a different story. But I'm doing the right thing and returning the card to its rightful owner--the US GOVERNMENT!! :D

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

I like it, I like it alot...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Here's the update:

GC is returned, but they asked me to write a statement that will go into his file so if he goes to the consulate saying he lost his GC, then they'll see the statement and know he's full of soup and he'll be turned right back around :D

ONLY ####### thing is that if he returns within 1 year since he left, he won't be banned. And if he reads this and decides that being banned from the US is more important than paying me back for doctor's, chiropractor's, heat in the winter and the car he wanted me to buy, then I fear judgement will be even worse on him for spending money in the wrong place to serve himself even more selfishly.

So I can't do a thing further, but at least I know I've done the RIGHT thing. I can only pray he doesn't show his face on US soil until after the 1 year has passed so he'll be banned properly for the life he just decided to drop with me for a brand new one with what's-her-face.

(Ok, so I'm letting out a bit of my anger today.. I promise I'll have it under better control once I have had breakfast.. lol)

Thanks again for the support, VJers! Keeping you all in my prayers! :)

TIMELINE:

December, 2008 - Started talking on plentyoffish.com

March 25, 2009 - Left Australia to to meet her

March 28, 2009 - Finally met in person!!

April 30, 2009 - Engaged

May 4, 2009 - Returned to Australia

June 26, 2009 - Filed I-129F

July 6, 2009 - NOA1 Received

July 25 - August 12, 2009 - Janet visited Simon is Australia for 2 and a half magical weeks. Met the family and is loved by all of them! :)

September 18, 2009 - NOA2!!!!!

September 28, 2009 - NVC Received

October 1, 2009 - NVC Sent

October 7, 2009 - Consulate Received

October 14, 2009 - Medical

October 17, 2009 - December 8 - Simon visiting Janet in the U.S

December 11, 2009 - Packet 3 sent

December 18, 2009 - Packet 4 received

January 12, 2010 - Interview date

January 14 2010 - Visa Received

January 23 2010 - US Entry

February 7 2010 - Marriage

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

(Ok, so I'm letting out a bit of my anger today.. I promise I'll have it under better control once I have had breakfast.. lol)

It didn't look angry at all to me. Some people obsess over "how could they do this to me", trying to get their abuser to "see" he was in the wrong, and then when it is over, the vain hope the abuser gets his just desserts.

Yer doin' a great job. Definitely a catch for someone.

Timeline

It didn't look angry at all to me. Some people obsess over "how could they do this to me", trying to get their abuser to "see" he was in the wrong, and then when it is over, the vain hope the abuser gets his just desserts.

Yer doin' a great job. Definitely a catch for someone.

Thank you! This gives me a little more hope for myself, and a good affirmation that I'm doing the right things. God bless! <3

TIMELINE:

April 30, 2009 - Engaged

July 25 - August 12, 2009 - Janet visited Simon is Australia for 2 and a half magical weeks. Met the family and is loved by all of them! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you! This gives me a little more hope for myself, and a good affirmation that I'm doing the right things. God bless! <3

You have done the right thing. Let karma look after him. Thanks for the update :)

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

You never have said whether he left before the approval date of the green card?

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Good point. You said you got the GC in the mail after he left, but what was/is the date on the card? Did you keep a copy? Do you know?

• 1 month later...
Timeline

You never have said whether he left before the approval date of the green card?

He did, because he left (July 4th) before I sent in the last of my tax papers (which, due to some postage mixups, didn't leave until July 22nd). (Sent them in, in good faith that I was doing the right thing for him at the time.) I put this all on the statement I gave them with the GC.

TIMELINE:

April 30, 2009 - Engaged

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.