Eugenia1984

IR 1 visa APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

After 5 years of marriage, one beautiful son, 2 long years of home residency requirement, many tears, millions of Skype calls, tens of thousands frequent flyer miles back an forth, numerous "see you later" and "so happy to see you again" later my immigrant visa was granted!!!!

My interview was Tuesday, August 2nd in Kiev. My appointment letter had 9:00am as a time for the interview, got there 20 min earlier and was told by the guard to wait until 9:25. On their list i was scheduled for 9:30 :) It was the loooongest hour of my life...waiting and waiting to be able to walk into the Consulate :) That was the toughest part of the morning. My husband was with me, so we got in at 9:25, proceeded to the immigrant visas area, was called to the window to submit some documents they didnt have, such as proof of my 2 year HRR, child's birth certificate, more proof of relationship. We had a HUGE binder with us (mind you, they already had a TON of pictures we submitted before, I just cant remember when...they returned our albums they had later that morning). I showed the guy our binder, he was startled and asked to give him something small; I started taking out paper articles from our wedding day, engagement, travel documents (iternararies, boarding passes), hubby's passport with stamps, and Ukrainian visa, bills and bank statements in both of our names, more pictures....i cant remember what else I gave him, but he told me to stop and I saw how he wrote on his checklist "she has a lot more!"

After i submitted all this I was asked to wait. While waiting,i was asked to come to one of the windows for finger printing. Since i was the last one who submitted the documents, I was the last one to be called to the interview window. We waited 1.5 hrs to be called. Oh! it was sooooo worth it! :)

My husband and I both walked up to the window with all of our stuff :D the officer was very polite and matter of fact. Asked to raise our right hand and give an oath. I think because I was the only wife that morning, he matter of factly stated that we were married, had a cool kid (he saw the pix!), asked if I had fulfilled my 2 year rule ( Yes! i did. Last day was July 26). During this whole time he was signing and signing some forms, etc. Asked me to sign my application. Asked my husband where he works. Told us to go pay for FedEx and that our visa was granted. What a glorious moment it was! My husband embraced me right there in front of the window and we wouldn't let go of each other for about 3-4 min, crying and crying. Before the hugs and the tears, the officer returned my original birth certificate, proof of relationship, etc, etc.

We praise our Lord for all His provision in this matter...we prayed and prayed, and had many of our friends pray with us..God is AMAZING!!! My biggest prayer was to have peace and thankful heart no matter what the outcome of that morning was...God has blessed us beyond what we asked for...

"Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadows" James 1:17

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

After 5 years of marriage, one beautiful son, 2 long years of home residency requirement, many tears, millions of Skype calls, tens of thousands frequent flyer miles back an forth, numerous "see you later" and "so happy to see you again" later my immigrant visa was granted!!!!

My interview was Tuesday, August 2nd in Kiev. My appointment letter had 9:00am as a time for the interview, got there 20 min earlier and was told by the guard to wait until 9:25. On their list i was scheduled for 9:30 :) It was the loooongest hour of my life...waiting and waiting to be able to walk into the Consulate :) That was the toughest part of the morning. My husband was with me, so we got in at 9:25, proceeded to the immigrant visas area, was called to the window to submit some documents they didnt have, such as proof of my 2 year HRR, child's birth certificate, more proof of relationship. We had a HUGE binder with us (mind you, they already had a TON of pictures we submitted before, I just cant remember when...they returned our albums they had later that morning). I showed the guy our binder, he was startled and asked to give him something small; I started taking out paper articles from our wedding day, engagement, travel documents (iternararies, boarding passes), hubby's passport with stamps, and Ukrainian visa, bills and bank statements in both of our names, more pictures....i cant remember what else I gave him, but he told me to stop and I saw how he wrote on his checklist "she has a lot more!"

After i submitted all this I was asked to wait. While waiting,i was asked to come to one of the windows for finger printing. Since i was the last one who submitted the documents, I was the last one to be called to the interview window. We waited 1.5 hrs to be called. Oh! it was sooooo worth it! :)

My husband and I both walked up to the window with all of our stuff :D the officer was very polite and matter of fact. Asked to raise our right hand and give an oath. I think because I was the only wife that morning, he matter of factly stated that we were married, had a cool kid (he saw the pix!), asked if I had fulfilled my 2 year rule ( Yes! i did. Last day was July 26). During this whole time he was signing and signing some forms, etc. Asked me to sign my application. Asked my husband where he works. Told us to go pay for FedEx and that our visa was granted. What a glorious moment it was! My husband embraced me right there in front of the window and we wouldn't let go of each other for about 3-4 min, crying and crying. Before the hugs and the tears, the officer returned my original birth certificate, proof of relationship, etc, etc.

We praise our Lord for all His provision in this matter...we prayed and prayed, and had many of our friends pray with us..God is AMAZING!!! My biggest prayer was to have peace and thankful heart no matter what the outcome of that morning was...God has blessed us beyond what we asked for...

"Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadows" James 1:17

Congratulations! i am so thankful to God for you guys! Congrats again, and all the best to the future that awaits y'all.

F2A from my husband, for me and our children.

2005-05-21: Got married to my man.

Priority Date: Dec 26, 2006

2006-12-23: I-130 Sent

2007-01-05: I-130 NOA1

2009-05-21: I-130 Approved

2009-06-04: NVC Case No. generated

2010-01-15: DS-3032 / I-864 Bill generated

2010-01-17: Choice of Agent sent via e-mail

2010-01-22: Paid I-864 Bill

2010-01-25: I-864 Bill shows PAID

2010-01-28: Received email saying: Choice of agent accepted/IV bill generated.

2010-01-28: Paid IV bill.

2010-02-25: Sent out completed I-864 and DS- 230.

2010-04-08: Case Complete.

2010-05-03: Interview scheduled for June 2nd 2010 as per NVC live operator.

2010-06-02: 221g refusal pending return of requested document.

2010-06-03: Obtained the requested document. E-mailed consulate requesting a new interview date.

2011-01-26: Visas Approved! To be picked up Feb 2nd.

2011-02-01: Got an e-mail stating Visas aint ready for pick-up yet!! Oh God PLSSSSSSS.

2011-02-09: Got a reply to my incenssant e-mails scolding me for writing, and asking me to refrain from writing more letters, and stating officially that am on AP!!!

2011-03-15: Picked up Visas. Oh My God!

2011-03-21: POE, Atlanta Georgia. Find it hard to believe this is truly happening. Thank you God.

NOW IN THE US.

2011-03-28: Received our Social Security Cards in the Mail.

2011-04-08: Received Green Cards.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** Moving from CR-1 Process to CR-1 Progress Updates *****

Congrats!

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congratulations. kicking.gif

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Great job way to hang in there.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.