Churchland

All of a sudden, lots of problems with USCIS

75 posts in this topic

Just a stray thought, but I wonder if someone is trying to use your SSN (or your wife's) rather than your credit ... that would account for why they want the tax return confirmations and pay stubs and also dated photos confirming identity.

I wouldn't know where to start with checking up on that, but I'm sure someone else does.

ROC

AR11 filed: 02/05/11

I-751 filed at Vermont Service Center: 02/07/11

NOA: 02/14/11

Biometrics appt: 03/21/11

RoC Interview: Not required

RoC Approved: 08/04/2011

10 yr Green card received: 08/10/2011

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

Someone asked earlier about what was included in your AOS package but I didn't see a response. Did all of the financial paperwork go with the AOS? Is there the possibility that a relative/aquaintance/ex of yours or someone on her side back in China might have approached USCIS or the consulate to cause problems. Does she have any other relatives who have immigrated before her that weren't listed as living in the US?

Service Center : California Service Center
Consulate : Guangzhou, China
Marriage (if applicable): 2010-04-26
I-130 Sent : 2010-06-01
I-130 NOA1 : 2010-06-08
I-130 RFE : 2010-11-05
I-130 RFE Sent : 2010-11-06
I-130 Approved : 2010-11-10
NVC Received CaseFile: 2010-11-16
NVC Casefile Number Issued: 2010-11-22
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2010-11-23
OPTIN EMAIL SENT TO NVC: 2010-11-23
OPTIN ACCEPTED by NVC: 2010-12-14
Pay I-864 Bill 2010-11-23
Receive I-864 Package : 2010-11-23
Return Completed I-864 : 2011-03-30
Return Completed DS-3032 : 2010-11-23
Receive IV Bill : 2010-12-17
Pay IV Bill : 2011-03-16
AOS CoverSheets Generated: 2010-11-27
IV Fee Bill marked as PAID: 2011-03-18
IV CoverSheets Generated: 2011-03-18
IV email packet sent: 2011-04-4
NVC reports 'Case Completed': 2011-5-2
'Sign in Fail' at the Online Payment Portal: 2011-5-2
Final Review Started at NVC: 2011-5-2
Final Review Completed at NVC: ????
Interview Date Set: 2011-5-5
Appointment Letter Received via Email: 2011-5-6
Interview Date: 2011-6-1
Approved!!!!!

I-751 Sent : 2013-07-02

I-751 Bio Appointment Date 2013-08-02

10 Year Green Card Approved!!!!!

It looks like they lost the brown envelope that you hand over at POE when your wife first came to the US on her K1.

I am not sure about this but I think you can make an Infopass appointment and have them trace it, People more knowledgeable then me should be able to comment if I am wrong or right about that.

What bothers me are the ones that are in bold. Something changed between the K1 and the AOS.

First thing I would do is check your Credit Report. You can get this free from the major 3 bureaus for free once a year.

That is exactly what I was thinking. It sounds like some idiot lost the information from your file. I bet if there were red flags, CO at the consulate would have caught them way before he issued a visa.

Just send them everything they ask for and you should be fine.

I would also check your credit report......

Edited by muñequita y osito

02/22/2011-Married!!!!
03/02/2011-Sent I-130
03/03/2011-NOA1 text&email
03/07/2011-Touched
03/13/2011-NOA1 hardcopy

03/25/2011-Spontaneous visit to my Honey!!!!
06/10/2011-Honeymoon Visit!!!6/13-6/18-Puerto Plata
06/19/2011-Back to the waiting game sad.png

06/23/2011-NOA2 Email
08/08/2011-NVC Received my case
08/17/2011-Got Case #

08/18/2011-Received DS3032/AOS fee Email
08/18/2011-Paid AOS fee/Emailed DS3032 template

08/22/2011-DS-3032 Accepted!!!
08/24/2011-Received IV Bill
08/24/2011-Paid IV Bill!!!!

08/29/2011-Mailed DS-230 package
09/02/2011-NVC Received DS-230 (waiting on AOS)
10/12/2011-Finally sent I-864(waiting on sponsor)
10/13/2011-NVC received I-864 package

10/18/2011-Case complete!!!!
12/08/2011-Interview Date!!!!!!!!(VISA APPROVED FINALLY!!!!)
12/16/2011-POE Orlando FL
03/28/2013-NOA1 for both Stepdaughters

01/06/2014-NOA2 for stepdaughters

01/21/2014-NVC received both cases

02/27/2014-Received case #ers

03/04/2014-Received AOS Bill/DS-261 Email(system won't allow me to pay bill cray5ol.gif )

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Oh, I see. Yes, we are a little paranoid now, wondering if anyone could have turned us in for spite or something. It also seems that a majority of the evidence they are asking for is focused on me and my finances, like needing pay stubs, W2's, tax forms, complete copies of my health insurance policy, auto insurance policy, credit card statements, bank statements, etc. I have a very steady job and my credit score is high. I did mention earlier that I froze my credit at the three bureaus to protect against fraud, identity theft.

It is clear they suspect fraud. Just give them what they want to prove them wrong.The burden is always on the applicants. Also, what do you mean by you froze your credit with the credit agencies? I didn't even think that was possible as far as you have any type of loans you can't "freeze" your credit.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

It is clear they suspect fraud. Just give them what they want to prove them wrong.The burden is always on the applicants. Also, what do you mean by you froze your credit with the credit agencies? I didn't even think that was possible as far as you have any type of loans you can't "freeze" your credit.

Freezing credit has nothing to do with current loans. It just prevents someone from taking your information and applying for new loans in your name. If you check out Clark Howard's website and search credit freeze you can find out more. In many states it doesn't cost anything and more effective than paying every month for credit fraud insurance.

Timeline

Someone asked earlier about what was included in your AOS package but I didn't see a response. Did all of the financial paperwork go with the AOS? Is there the possibility that a relative/aquaintance/ex of yours or someone on her side back in China might have approached USCIS or the consulate to cause problems. Does she have any other relatives who have immigrated before her that weren't listed as living in the US?

As Churchland's wife, here I want to say thanks for all first.

Did all of the financial paperwork go with the AOS?

Yes, we did.

Is there the possibility that a relative/aquaintance/ex of yours or someone on her side back in China might have approached USCIS or the consulate to cause problems?

We thought we were both little paranoid but looks like you said truth. Yesterday we looked at bunch RFE and we could not focus on the detail things just like this, but it is really weird that USCIS required us to submit" A notarized affidavit from the beneficiary's United States citizen spouse describing his/her wishes to pursue this application and detail the current status of the relationship. The affidavit must include current home phone number, work phone number, and address of the spouse"

Does she have any other relatives who have immigrated before her that weren't listed as living in the US?

No, never.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

AOS after a K1 is a relatively painless process.

It is very clear that USCIS apparently suspects fraud.

Two other things come to mind:

If your credit is frozen can USCIS pull up your credit report, that is assuming they look at it?

Did you sponsor anyone else before specially K1 or IR/CR1?

Has anyone else applied for your wife?

Visa K1

NOA1 02/23/09

NOA 2 07/14/09

NVC out 07/24/09

P3 08/17/09

P3 Out 08/19/09

P4 09/10/09

Interview date:10/20/09...We are Pink!

Visa Picked up 10/22/09

Stateside Feb 3rd. 2010. POE: JFK

Married Feb 20th, 2010

===================================

AOS sent 4/6/10

NOA1 4/13/10

Biometrics 5/7/10 (Appointment Letter Recvd 4/27/10)

I485 transferred to CSC 4/30/10

Email received, AP and EAD approved 6/17/10.

AP received 6/25/10.

EAD received 6/28/10

Email, Card production ordered 8/16/10.

GC in Hand 8/27/10

=========================================

I-751 Mailed 6/22/12

Biometrics 7/20/12

Approved 2/14/13

GC in Hand 2/21/13

I wonder if freeing your credit is what caused the problem. That usually only happens when someone has reported their identity stolen, no? Maybe they are unaware you froze it yourself.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Timeline

AOS after a K1 is a relatively painless process.

It is very clear that USCIS apparently suspects fraud.

Two other things come to mind:

If your credit is frozen can USCIS pull up your credit report, that is assuming they look at it?

Did you sponsor anyone else before specially K1 or IR/CR1?

Has anyone else applied for your wife?

They can not check my reports unless I unfreeze them first. I just pulled my reports and there is nothing suspicious. Credit freezes are quite common now, so that shouldn't be a big deal unless I refuse to unfreeze them upon request (I had to unfreeze when I got a car loan earlier this year).

I have never sponsored anyone else and no one has applied for my wife before.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I am stumped.

There is something in your background and perhaps more likely in your wife's background which is making them suspect fraud.

I would get a lawyer like Mark Ellis to respond to the RFE.

Visa K1

NOA1 02/23/09

NOA 2 07/14/09

NVC out 07/24/09

P3 08/17/09

P3 Out 08/19/09

P4 09/10/09

Interview date:10/20/09...We are Pink!

Visa Picked up 10/22/09

Stateside Feb 3rd. 2010. POE: JFK

Married Feb 20th, 2010

===================================

AOS sent 4/6/10

NOA1 4/13/10

Biometrics 5/7/10 (Appointment Letter Recvd 4/27/10)

I485 transferred to CSC 4/30/10

Email received, AP and EAD approved 6/17/10.

AP received 6/25/10.

EAD received 6/28/10

Email, Card production ordered 8/16/10.

GC in Hand 8/27/10

=========================================

I-751 Mailed 6/22/12

Biometrics 7/20/12

Approved 2/14/13

GC in Hand 2/21/13

Timeline

I am stumped.

There is something in your background and perhaps more likely in your wife's background which is making them suspect fraud.

I would get a lawyer like Mark Ellis to respond to the RFE.

Both of our background are very simple.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Both of our background are very simple.

I'm sorry you're going through this. While it is plain to see something is amiss, I would just give them what they want, as silly as it might sound to take a picture with a newspaper (geez, sounds like a ransom or something!!). Others have been suspected of fraud and were put through very detailed stokes interview, and guess what, they passed just fine, got their GC and rode off into the sunset happily ever after. If my husband and I had to take a stokes interview, it wouldn't be a problem because we know our answers would match to a tee.

So don't worry, when the relationship is real, you prevail! Like someone else mentioned, maybe someone reported something about you or your wife to USCIS. A disgruntled former bf or gf, jealous friend, envious family member, who knows.

Stay strong and keep a united front. Love conquers all (L)

Good luck!

event.png

Timeline

I'm sorry you're going through this. While it is plain to see something is amiss, I would just give them what they want, as silly as it might sound to take a picture with a newspaper (geez, sounds like a ransom or something!!). Others have been suspected of fraud and were put through very detailed stokes interview, and guess what, they passed just fine, got their GC and rode off into the sunset happily ever after. If my husband and I had to take a stokes interview, it wouldn't be a problem because we know our answers would match to a tee.

So don't worry, when the relationship is real, you prevail! Like someone else mentioned, maybe someone reported something about you or your wife to USCIS. A disgruntled former bf or gf, jealous friend, envious family member, who knows.

Stay strong and keep a united front. Love conquers all (L)

Good luck!

Thanks for the support. We think the same, someone reported us. We have much more evidence then when we first started and have nothing to hide, they can check anything they want.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Two other possible suggestions - is there an ex relationship in either of your pasts' where someone is jealous or unhappy that you have married and wants to cause trouble enough to have reported your relationship to USCIS as fraud? and secondly, perhaps there are exterior extenuating circumstances that have happened that have sort of caught the two of you up in the greater repercussions. I didn't see how the two of you met but perhaps the person who introduced you or the organization through which you met (if that is how you met) has created red flags themselves by being involved in less than stellar activities and you are being investigated because they are being investigated. There have been some recent news stories about immigration fraud 'gangs' being identified and many 'couples' now facing charges - it could be somehow one of these has pointed to you by 'association' with some of those involved.

The best advice I can suggest is definitely provide them with what they request plus include additional information about the validity of your relationship. Have affidavits (notarized) from friends and family here in the US who can attest to your relationship as a married couple. If you go to a church, have a letter from the pastor or minister; if you have a family doctor or dentist she has seen, have them write a statement to that effect; see if your mail man will even write a statement that he delivers mail addressed to the two of you at the same address.

You could include several dated photographs with newspapers at different identifiable locations over several days, and include one taken in front of your mail box or your house with the address showing. Start thinking about the different ephemera we gather as a married couple and that starts shortly after everyone knows that you're married - even if it is something like junk mail or a package delivery in both of your names. Open up accounts together at places like Netflix or Costco or Sam's Club and include photocopies of the membership cards.

It does sound like they suspect that the marriage is fraudulent and it is up to you two to prove that it is otherwise. I agree that even with the additional documentation you may be called in for a Stokes Interview. I hope you are able to find out why you have triggered this extra scrutiny.

Good luck to you both.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.