Fede&Kendra

I think I'm being a paranoid polly....

52 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Ok so here's the deal, I sent the I-129f packet on Monday July 18th and still not received the NOA1, I know it can take up to 2 or 3 week at the most the receive the NOA1, but I just checked my status on the check I sent in and it still has not been cashed after a week...should I be worried?....help please!

Thanks VJ fam! :)

Ok so here's the deal, I sent the I-129f packet on Monday July 18th and still not received the NOA1, I know it can take up to 2 or 3 week at the most the receive the NOA1, but I just checked my status on the check I sent in and it still has not been cashed after a week...should I be worried?....help please!

Please if nothing has happen in six months from now, then write back, otherwise just wait and be patient. Take up a new hobby and exceed at it. :)

Allow 1 month.

as1cHpz0g410600MzAwNzg3OWx8MjM3NjYxc3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Well I won't wait 6 months for that to be processed that's a bit ridiculous, maybe a month at the most.

Why is that ridiculous? That receipt notice does nothing, I never even received mine. If something happens, then their petition will show up in their mailbox stating what was wrong. Oh and welcome to VJ :thumbs:

USCIS WON'T EVEN LOOK INTO THE TIME FRAME LAG UNTIL AFTER SIX MONTHS, SO WHAT DO YOU THINK IS GOING TO HAPPEN AFTER A MONTH?

Edited by LIFE'SJOURNEY

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Not receiving the notice is one thing. The check not being used is another. BTW: check your bank account carefully. They don't actually cash the check, they use it to make an electronic withdrawal from your account. If you see a debit for $340, then you know they are processing your application. Also, did you include a G-1145? Doing so means they will email and/or text you when they process the application.

I also mailed my I-129F on July 18th (USPS Express Mail to Lewisville). I got an email and text on July 21st and my NOA1 in the mail yesterday. Expect it to take a little bit longer if you sent it to the Lockbox in Dallas.

"A man who lives within his means, suffers from a lack of imagination"

~Oscar Wilde

Timeline:

07/18/2011 - Mailed I-129F Petition

07/21/2011 - NOA1

10/18/2011 - NOA2

11/14/2011 - Packet 3 Received

02/14/2012 - Interview (3 months?!?!)

03/02/2012 - Passport w/ K1 received!

03/03/2012 - WHAT'S TAKING SO LONG??!!

USCIS WON'T EVEN LOOK INTO THE TIME FRAME LAG UNTIL AFTER SIX MONTHS, SO WHAT DO YOU THINK IS GOING TO HAPPEN AFTER A MONTH?

The user is talking about the NOA1.

as1cHpz0g410600MzAwNzg3OWx8MjM3NjYxc3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

The user is talking about the NOA1.

Do a role play, and you be USCIS, if someone calls you about a petition that USCIS haven't acknowledged receiving, what will be their answer?

No record, no NOA1, what else could the petitioner do but wait or resubmit. This isn't rocket science.

Timeline

Not receiving the notice is one thing. The check not being used is another. BTW: check your bank account carefully. They don't actually cash the check, they use it to make an electronic withdrawal from your account. If you see a debit for $340, then you know they are processing your application. Also, did you include a G-1145? Doing so means they will email and/or text you when they process the application.

I also mailed my I-129F on July 18th (USPS Express Mail to Lewisville). I got an email and text on July 21st and my NOA1 in the mail yesterday. Expect it to take a little bit longer if you sent it to the Lockbox in Dallas.

Ohhhh! Ok I will check the debit part, thank you for the tip. And I did send it to the Dallas lockbox :blink: and I did not include a G-1145, I knew nothing about that unfortunately. :( and I also sent $350.00, but I did that because on the US Emb. website for Bogota it said the fee was that much....so do you think that had something to do with it?...IDK?! But thank you for calming my nerves a bit. This prosess is so intimidating, I know you can relate, so for me if one thing doesn't go smoothly I freak out. hahahaha! thank you again! :)

Timeline

Do a role play, and you be USCIS, if someone calls you about a petition that USCIS haven't acknowledged receiving, what will be their answer?

No record, no NOA1, what else could the petitioner do but wait or resubmit. This isn't rocket science.

I DEFINATELY don't think it should take 6 months for me to get a NOA1.....the entire process from beginning to end should and can take the long but not the NOA1.

I DEFINATELY don't think it should take 6 months for me to get a NOA1.....the entire process from beginning to end should and can take the long but not the NOA1.

I think you know the answers to your own questions. Has it been 1 month since you mailed your petition? If it hasn't then why are you paronoid and asking questions that you know the answers to? If you honestly don't know how long it takes to receive the receipt notice or so called (NOA1) it is 30days, but it could take longer. The receipt notice does nothing for your case. It has no bearing on your case. If you have not received it after 30days, call USCIS and get it from them. I say all this respectfully.

John

Edited by Dex22

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Don't worry! I watched my bank account like a hawk for weeks after I sent my stuff in to see if it would clear. It felt like it took months but it was just a couple weeks. It's only been a little more than a week. Just keep an eye on your bank for clearance of the check! It's not much but it really helped me to stay sane.

Starting the visa process is very emotionally taxing. I hope you are able to avoid the RFE stuff. Our paperwork went to CSC and they've had a backlog for a long time. It took us 7 months to get our NOA2 when they try to get it to you at 5... I had to call and get ugly when I thought I couldn't take it anymore, and then the next day I got the notice online that we had been approved. We're waiting on the letter from the embassy now so he can have his interview. Every day feels like a week.

I'd say JUST BE PATIENT but I know how hard it can be. Your best bet is to find something to keep busy and definitely keep an eye on your bank account for the check to clear!

K-1 Fiance Visa

I-129F sent in - 10/7/10

NOA 1 - 10/15/10

RFE - 3/17/11 (the RFE was a bogus stall tactic)

RFE - 5/12/11 (another bogus, I told them I sent what they requested twice and threatened to call a state representative)

NOA 2 - 5/17/11 (they suddenly found the stuff they said they didn't have!)

Consulate received - 5/27/11

Packet 3 sent - 7/13/11

Medical - 7/15/11

Interview - 8/24/11 at 9AM GMT - APPROVED

Visa in hand - 8/30/11

POE - 9/3/11 - Newark

Wedding - 10/22/11

AOS

Sent packet - 11/22/11

Packet received at Chicago lockbox - 11/24/11

NOA 1 - 12/12/11

Check cashed/cleared - 12/12/11

Notice of biometrics appointment - 12/19/11

Biometrics appointment - 1/10/12 12PM in Saint Louis

My heart is in England in America with me!.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

and I also sent $350.00, but I did that because on the US Emb. website for Bogota it said the fee was that much....

That may be the issue. They do withdraw the funds electronically, but they also send a photo copy of the check to your bank for verification. I imagine it could cause problems if they withdrew $340 and sent a copy of a check for $350. Either way, I imagine you should get something by the end of the week.

"A man who lives within his means, suffers from a lack of imagination"

~Oscar Wilde

Timeline:

07/18/2011 - Mailed I-129F Petition

07/21/2011 - NOA1

10/18/2011 - NOA2

11/14/2011 - Packet 3 Received

02/14/2012 - Interview (3 months?!?!)

03/02/2012 - Passport w/ K1 received!

03/03/2012 - WHAT'S TAKING SO LONG??!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.