Fede&Kendra

I think I'm being a paranoid polly....

52 posts in this topic

6 months for NOA1 is ridiculous. What is the OP supposed to do if after 6 months she calls and they say they didn't receive the package? Give it 2 weeks from the time the package was delivered to the service center (you did use a trackable shipping method I hope) then start calling every day.

Did you read the thread? The OP overpaid and the package will be rejected and sent back to them. The OP needs to wait for the returned package, not call the center.

People are still replying with advice to call or wait for NOA1, when we already discovered the error and know that NOA1 won't come due to overpayment. Is this the twilight zone?

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Please if nothing has happen in six months from now, then write back, otherwise just wait and be patient. Take up a new hobby and exceed at it. :)

Are you trolling?

Your advice was nothing but a load of....

COWMANURE.jpg

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you so much for sharing your story with me, I do now feel better about this situation (and feel bad that it also happened to you) but on the other hand I'm glad it's fixed! I really appreciate the kind, encouraging words. :) And plan to fill out the G-1145, as you did, this time. I hope the rest of your journey is flawless! thank you again! :)

You are indeed welcome. Glad was able to help and thank you in return for your encouragement and wishes for a smooth journey. I am thankful for all the help Inday and I have received from Visa Journey members and resources so am glad to do what can to add to the collective knowledge and stress reduction :) . --RK

K-1
May 4, 2006 - We first meet in Singapore
[March 2008 to October 2011] - RK visits Inday in Philippines; multiple visits
April 11, 2010 - RK proposes on Palawan Island; Inday says "Yes! Yes!"
Apr 4, 2011 - I-129F mailed
Apr 11, 2011 - petition received, NOA1, application routed to VSC
Aug 3, 2011 - NOA2! I-129F petition approved!! Yahoo!!!
Aug 10, 2011 - NVC forwards petition to Manila
Aug 17, 2011 - Petition arrives Manila
October 4, 2011 - Medical passed; thank you for answered prayer!
October 12, 2011 - K-1 Visa approved!! Thank you for more prayers anwswered!!
November 24, 2011 - POE! (Thanksgiving Day) Prayers answered!!!! Many Thanks!!!!
Feb 5, 2012 - Wedding Ceremony!

AOS
June 14, 2012 - AOS filed (EAD & AP concurrently filed also); sent via FedEx courier
June 19, 2012 - text notification indicating receipt AOS package
June 25, 2012 - hardcopy AOS, EAD, AP "NOA1"s (I-797C) received
June 29, 2012 - appointment letter for biometrics received (appointment: mid-July)
July 14, 2012 - Biometrics appointment: complete
July 18, 2012 - Case transferred to California Service Center notice received
August 27, 2012 - Combo EAD & AP card received

April 25, 2012 - Permanent Resident card (conditional) received; Yahoo!!! (no interview)

REMOVAL OF CONDITONS
March 28, 2015 - I-751 filed; sent via USPS priority mail, signature upon delivery requested

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

You are indeed welcome. Glad was able to help and thank you in return for your encouragement and wishes for a smooth journey. I am thankful for all the help Inday and I have received from Visa Journey members and resources so am glad to do what can to add to the collective knowledge and stress reduction :) . --RK

Hey RK,

I was wondering when I resubmit the package do I keep the I-797C paper? And is it ok for me to add additional papers to the package, even though there will be not "codes" printed on the right side of the page?! Thank you for any help! :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey RK,

I was wondering when I resubmit the package do I keep the I-797C paper? And is it ok for me to add additional papers to the package, even though there will be not "codes" printed on the right side of the page?! Thank you for any help! :)

Fede&Kendra--Glad greetings to you again! Yes, I would (and did) certainly take the "opportunity" :) to go over all forms and submitted material with fresh eyes, re-checking that all is correct, seeing if anything missing or in error. And, yes, I would modify accordingly if necessary or desirable. I would certainly keep the original I-797C reject notice but include copy with your re-submitted package [i am not recommending to keep for any specific reason except that I personally believe in retaining all documentation just in case & including in resubmission to provide explanation of why reject/submission).

Just for some additional information: When I received the I-797 rejection notice, this notice was accompanied by an explanatory letter instructing me to correct error, re-submit package with this explanatory letter on top of entire application package. So I did , re-submitting all that had been in original I-129f submission.

Additionally, I modified my original cover letter which I had saved on computer, this time doing as follows: (1) labeling, at top of cover letter, "Resubmission: Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiance(e)" and (2) in body, explaining (a) corrective action taken, (b) stating USCIS re-submission letter and that copy of I-797, NOA (receipt number EACxxxxxxxxxx) were included, and © including bulleted list of entire contents of I-129F. (3) I repackaged all in delivery envelope on the outside of which I also labeled "Resubmission: Form I-129, Petition for Alien Fiance(e)."

I hope this helps! And, of course, I continue to wish you a speedy reply from USCIS to you after your resubmission and continuing Godspeed on all of this visa journey!

--RK

K-1
May 4, 2006 - We first meet in Singapore
[March 2008 to October 2011] - RK visits Inday in Philippines; multiple visits
April 11, 2010 - RK proposes on Palawan Island; Inday says "Yes! Yes!"
Apr 4, 2011 - I-129F mailed
Apr 11, 2011 - petition received, NOA1, application routed to VSC
Aug 3, 2011 - NOA2! I-129F petition approved!! Yahoo!!!
Aug 10, 2011 - NVC forwards petition to Manila
Aug 17, 2011 - Petition arrives Manila
October 4, 2011 - Medical passed; thank you for answered prayer!
October 12, 2011 - K-1 Visa approved!! Thank you for more prayers anwswered!!
November 24, 2011 - POE! (Thanksgiving Day) Prayers answered!!!! Many Thanks!!!!
Feb 5, 2012 - Wedding Ceremony!

AOS
June 14, 2012 - AOS filed (EAD & AP concurrently filed also); sent via FedEx courier
June 19, 2012 - text notification indicating receipt AOS package
June 25, 2012 - hardcopy AOS, EAD, AP "NOA1"s (I-797C) received
June 29, 2012 - appointment letter for biometrics received (appointment: mid-July)
July 14, 2012 - Biometrics appointment: complete
July 18, 2012 - Case transferred to California Service Center notice received
August 27, 2012 - Combo EAD & AP card received

April 25, 2012 - Permanent Resident card (conditional) received; Yahoo!!! (no interview)

REMOVAL OF CONDITONS
March 28, 2015 - I-751 filed; sent via USPS priority mail, signature upon delivery requested

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Fede&Kendra--Glad greetings to you again! Yes, I would (and did) certainly take the "opportunity" :) to go over all forms and submitted material with fresh eyes, re-checking that all is correct, seeing if anything missing or in error. And, yes, I would modify accordingly if necessary or desirable. I would certainly keep the original I-797C reject notice but include copy with your re-submitted package [i am not recommending to keep for any specific reason except that I personally believe in retaining all documentation just in case & including in resubmission to provide explanation of why reject/submission).

Just for some additional information: When I received the I-797 rejection notice, this notice was accompanied by an explanatory letter instructing me to correct error, re-submit package with this explanatory letter on top of entire application package. So I did , re-submitting all that had been in original I-129f submission.

Additionally, I modified my original cover letter which I had saved on computer, this time doing as follows: (1) labeling, at top of cover letter, "Resubmission: Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiance(e)" and (2) in body, explaining (a) corrective action taken, (b) stating USCIS re-submission letter and that copy of I-797, NOA (receipt number EACxxxxxxxxxx) were included, and © including bulleted list of entire contents of I-129F. (3) I repackaged all in delivery envelope on the outside of which I also labeled "Resubmission: Form I-129, Petition for Alien Fiance(e)."

I hope this helps! And, of course, I continue to wish you a speedy reply from USCIS to you after your resubmission and continuing Godspeed on all of this visa journey!

--RK

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Ohhhh! Ok I will check the debit part, thank you for the tip. And I did send it to the Dallas lockbox :blink: and I did not include a G-1145, I knew nothing about that unfortunately. :( and I also sent $350.00, but I did that because on the US Emb. website for Bogota it said the fee was that much....so do you think that had something to do with it?...IDK?! But thank you for calming my nerves a bit. This prosess is so intimidating, I know you can relate, so for me if one thing doesn't go smoothly I freak out. hahahaha! thank you again! :)

No need to freak out but DO expect your entire package to be returned to you. You sent it without the proper fee. They will not accept a check for $350. The petition filing fee is $340. No check for $340 will result in a rejected petition. You can simply send the package back again with the right check.

Note: You are not applying for a visa. You are filing a petition. When your petition is approved, your foreign fiance will apply for a visa. That's when they will pay a visa application fee equal to $350 but they'll do it in local currency, in Thailand.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.